Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

canceled LAN flight, chance of double dip?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold

Hi All

I am on a SC run tomorrow (22/03) on LA from Syd to AKL....That flight has been canceled, and LAN put me on NZ102 which departs 20 min later.....

My question is am I able to get QF SC based on original booking? If so, i can still get miles credit for the NZ flight? From other forum, I know this has been done in the US, not sure if it is the same thing down under...

Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Original routing credit" are the words. Ask QF by phone ?
I would be asking for a QF flight.

You should be able to get miles/sc for the Air NZ flight credited to a Star ffp or Virgin FFP, as well as QF the points/SC. Do you know the Air NZ fare bucket ?
Old Mar 20, 2013, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you are rebooked by LA onto another flight , then pretty unlikely to get Qantas to credit it ime

If it was a Qantas flight , would be more likely
Old Mar 21, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you are rebooked by LA onto another flight , then pretty unlikely to get Qantas to credit it ime

If it was a Qantas flight , would be more likely
This happened to me quite a few times in the past.
You can double dip.
I emailed QFF my ticket, NZ Boarding pass and explanation for obtaining the original routing credit. The NZ BP even had my NZ membership number on it.
I also think that I tried to do an online claim, as I said this has happened to me quite a few times, but that may not have worked.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:32 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Usually no need to mail in Boarding Passes. Booking and Ticket should the information. Always got Points and SC as according to the original routing.

In some cases it even worked automatically.

I only had trouble once, when I got rerouted wit a JASA. Two agents claimed that flights on points are not eligible for point/SC credit....
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
I've had it happen a couple of times on QFF tickets. Last time it was FJ going LAX-NAN-AKL, crediting to QF. FJ cancelled the NAN-AKL leg and I had them put me on the next NZ flight. QF gave me the full points & SC and NZ did too. Didn't ask for either, but didn't question it either. I've had it happen twice more when FJ cancelled the NAN-SYD leg and I ended up on NZ into AKL again - credits to QFF every time, regardless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.