Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 12:05 pm

and to confirm:

it is possible to book Chauffeur Drive with an AA award ticket on QF-website.....

i will let u know after my award trip end of April, keep the fingers crossed!

Last edited by swissmountains; Mar 25, 2013 at 1:57 pm
Old Mar 26, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I have a ACIR22 ticketed on CX, will be interesting to see if this applies, however my LAX-MEL isn't until December.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:45 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Oh dear, .......

Who would have figured......

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Mar 31, 2013 at 2:01 am Reason: Personal Attack
Old Mar 31, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: NZ *Gold

I'm flying in two weeks on an F redemption on 125 ticket stock and the QF website gives me the option to book a complimentary car at the MEL end (connecting into LHR from MAN so not applicable at journeys start )
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by RedVee
I'm flying in two weeks on an F redemption on 125 ticket stock and the QF website gives me the option to book a complimentary car at the MEL end (connecting into LHR from MAN so not applicable at journeys start )
Where do you see the option?
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:51 pm

Programs: NZ *Gold

In manage my booking
Old Apr 1, 2013, 12:09 am
DS7

Programs: BA (shiny); VS (amoeba); Others (plankton)
Unless someone gets there before me....

I have a QF Chauffeur drive booking at LHR this week. Will post of my experience. Will be interesting to see if/how it differs from the Emirates offering.

Will there be someone waiting with my name on a card or does one need to go to the Emirates Ground transfer desk on arrival?

No idea and don't remember seeing anything in MMB when I booked. Oh well .....
Old Apr 3, 2013, 9:00 am
DS7

Programs: BA (shiny); VS (amoeba); Others (plankton)
Qf dxb - lhr

Firstly, the important stuff:

Chauffeur Drive uses the same company as Virgin and Emirates (Tristar) although there is a separate desk straight ahead of you as you exit into the arrivals hall at T3.

On the plane, I was told there should be someone standing with my name on a board but if not, just go to the Qantas/Tristar desk which I did. There were a couple of drivers milling around. I gave my name to the fellow at the desk who confirmed my reservation; gave the nod to one of the drivers and away we went to the Short Stay Car park.

Car was an E-Class Merc. Driver told me they operate a fleet of:

Volvo's (used mainly for Virgin), E- Class, S-Class and Viano (minibus/van). Ride was decent enough and the driver pleasant.

The flight/experience itself was a bit of a let down (I was in First) for the following reasons:

1) The Check in agent could not check me in because I did not have a print out of my itinerary. She advised I go to the Sales Counter to get it printed wich would have been fine if there was anybody manning that desk; there wasn't. I got talking to another member of staff who confirmed that as I was leaving to "go home", a printed itinerary would be un-necessary. This sounds logical but the lady at Check In desk knew nothing about this.

2) The inbound aircraft arrived ahead of schedule but left late. This in itself isn't a major prob but it was frustrating to keep being told "just a few more mins Sir." We eventually departed (and arrived) an hour or so late. My judgement was a little clouded though because the QF9 left just before us and also the Emirates LHR flight so 3 a380 landing at LHR one after the other and I was on no3 :-(

3) Once seated, I did not expect it to take over 20 mins to be offered a drink, amenity kit and Sleep suit.

4) I was offered a wine menu but no dinner menu as they had "run out".

5) I had to wait a similar amount of time for my bed to be made up and Breakfast offered.

6) Priority luggage didn't happen

To be fair, this one one of the first flights to go via Dubai so teeting probs are to be expected I guess but disappointing nonetheless.

The bed was very decent though. On the whole based on this singular experience, I think I'd be inclined to stick with BA but I'd be interested in othe people's thoughts on this experience.

One off or no ?
Old Apr 22, 2013, 2:24 pm

LHR-DXB

When this was first introduced I thought I read that there was a limit for the free chauffeur service that meant LHR-DXB was excluded. Is this the case? The web site seems to suggest it is now avail on this route.

If some one could clarify it would be appreciated.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:35 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by MANCHESTER
When this was first introduced I thought I read that there was a limit for the free chauffeur service that meant LHR-DXB was excluded. Is this the case? The web site seems to suggest it is now avail on this route.

If some one could clarify it would be appreciated.
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...rive/global/en
Looks like it is available:

London <> Dubai <> London
QF1/2/9/10
31 March 2013
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:55 am

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
DS7 Just read your post. Sounds very under par wrt the flight. A F flight is a F flight. Shouldn't matter what the departure point is, old or new.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by nux
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...rive/global/en
Looks like it is available:

London <> Dubai <> London
QF1/2/9/10
31 March 2013
That's how I read it, so that's a new benefit
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: QF Plat
Maybe slightly OT... then again... maybe just posted in the wrong place.

I'm booked on a QF ticket in Y, GLA-DXB-SIN later in the year. Like I said its Y, but the QF MMB is giving me the option to book through 'Dubai Connect' the complimentary chauffeur pick up in GLA. I know that I am not eligible flying Y, but curious as to what the 'consequences' of booking it would be.....

Anyone else finding that MMB is offering them things they're not entitled to?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:11 am

i have a ticket booked on QF using AA award. was able to book the chauffeur on qantas website using the AA booking code to log in.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:18 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by levy
i have a ticket booked on QF using AA award. was able to book the chauffeur on qantas website using the AA booking code to log in.
what cities?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.