Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Old Mar 21, 13, 11:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gld,HH Dia,WOH Discoverist,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by madrooster View Post
All LAX flights, that is QF11/12/15/16/93/94/107/108 are all eligible from July.
are MEL/SYD chauffeur services available sooner for these flights or also have to wait til july?
Old Mar 21, 13, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, QF Platinum, SQ Silver
Originally Posted by jmw2323 View Post
are MEL/SYD chauffeur services available sooner for these flights or also have to wait til july?
Unfortunately you'll have to wait. I've been disappointed about that myself with two trips to the US coming up beforehand
Old Mar 21, 13, 4:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gld,HH Dia,WOH Discoverist,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin View Post
Unfortunately you'll have to wait. I've been disappointed about that myself with two trips to the US coming up beforehand
I understand not on the US side of the trip but ridiculous they won't do it on the Oz side
Old Mar 21, 13, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmw2323 View Post
I understand not on the US side of the trip but ridiculous they won't do it on the Oz side
Yes, I don't get it either but those flights are generally not eligible before mid year.

Oh- hang on a sec! Might save Qantas money, maybe that could be the reason?
Old Mar 21, 13, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Just changed my flights to connect via Melbourne to Dubai rather than going straight from Sydney (which means a longer and more worth while "Dubai connect" time in Dubai, an emptier plane with much more chances for an upgrade to F and extra SCs ) and realized that the system doesn't allow you to book the chauffeur drive pickup for anything less than 2:30 hours prior to departure.

Makes sense for international flights but not if you're connecting on a domestic flight first! Just called QF and after an endless wait, I've been told they can't change it. Highly annoying- two hours in the Dom lounge for me!
Old Mar 24, 13, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Sydneyberlin View Post
Hello,

I am flying QF94 MEL-LAX (First - AA redemption) in Sept - should I see the option to reserve the service (in my booking) now, or QF will add the option from July?

Cheers.

Last edited by ghostboy; Mar 24, 13 at 11:14 am
Old Mar 24, 13, 11:06 am

what about AA-award flight with QF 1 from SYD to DXB? is there a free Chauffeur Drive Service included?

or are the award flights like complementary flights? I am booked on an award flight from SYD-DXB with AA miles.....shall i book Chauffeur Drive?
Old Mar 24, 13, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swissmountains View Post
what about AA-award flight with QF 1 from SYD to DXB? is there a free Chauffeur Drive Service included?

or are the award flights like complementary flights? I am booked on an award flight from SYD-DXB with AA miles.....shall i book Chauffeur Drive?
Whether the award flights are classed as complimentary flights wouldn't matter too much since there is a requirement that it be on Qantas ticket (081) whereas an AA award will be issued an AA ticket(001).

From the T&Cs at http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...erms/global/en

Originally Posted by T&C
selected locations to customers holding tickets with confirmed reservations in First or Business on eligible Qantas or Emirates operated flights. Reservations for Chauffeur Drive through Qantas can only be made for flights booked as part of a Qantas ticket (starting with ticket number 081), at destinations where the Chauffer Drive service is offered. Passengers travelling on Emirates tickets (starting with ticket number 176) should make reservations through Emirates.
Old Mar 24, 13, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Whether the award flights are classed as complimentary flights wouldn't matter too much since there is a requirement that it be on Qantas ticket (081) whereas an AA award will be issued an AA ticket(001).

From the T&Cs at http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...erms/global/en
so, the service is only for full paying customers with original QF or EK First class tickets? what a shame.... compered to LH, where a First Class award tickets are handled like paid tickets, inclusive the full First Class Service on ground......
Old Mar 24, 13, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
The following, coupled with the above post indicates an AA award ticket will still be eligible, but reservations cannot be made though "Qantas":
1. Chauffeur Drive is only available in selected locations to customers holding tickets with confirmed reservations in First or Business on eligible Qantas or Emirates operated flights ...
"Reservations through Qantas" is the key and suggests reservation for the complimentary service would be available though other means if ticketed with another carrier.

This page may indicate how those on an eligible flight may book if on an 001- ticket number (other than that, call Qantas and ask): http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...lobal/en#jump0

Last edited by serfty; Mar 24, 13 at 3:00 pm
Old Mar 24, 13, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty View Post
The following, coupled with the above post indicates an AA award ticket will still be eligible, but reservations cannot be made though "Qantas":"Reservations through Qantas" is the key and suggest reservation for the complimentary service may be available though other means if ticket on another carrier.

This page may indicate how those on an eligible flight may book if on an 001- ticket number (other than that, call Qantas and ask): http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...lobal/en#jump0
I disagree that that page would suggest otherwise since that is the page that has a link to

"View the terms and condtions"

which then states the 081/176 rule and to book through Qantas for 081 and with Emirates for 176. There is nothing to state to book anywhere for other ticket numbers

Given that it is Qantas , I would doubt that they will offer it on award flights anyway
Old Mar 24, 13, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is mention of 018/176 but that is reference on how to book if ticketed in QF/EK.

I reiterate the following:
Chauffeur Drive is only available in selected locations to customers holding tickets with confirmed reservations in First or Business on eligible Qantas or Emirates operated flights.
That is the only qualification I can find.

Please indicate where it is specifically indicated that passengers travelling on the eligible flight numbers in first and business but not ticketed with EK/QF are not eligible for the complimentary service.
Old Mar 24, 13, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty View Post
There is mention of 018/176 but that is reference on how to book if ticketed in QF/EK.

I reiterate the following: That is the only qualification I can find.

Please indicate where it is specifically indicated that passengers travelling on the eligible flight numbers in first and business but not ticketed with EK/QF are not eligible for the complimentary service.
Originally Posted by Qantas
1. Chauffeur Drive is only available in selected locations to customers holding tickets with confirmed reservations in First or Business on eligible Qantas or Emirates operated flights. Reservations for Chauffeur Drive through Qantas can only be made for flights booked as part of a Qantas ticket (starting with ticket number 081), at destinations where the Chauffer Drive service is offered. Passengers travelling on Emirates tickets (starting with ticket number 176) should make reservations through Emirates.
Old Mar 24, 13, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry Dave, but that does not indicate that non QF/EQ ticketed bookings on these flights are ineligible.

It's an excerpt from the websites as posted over the last hour or so.

The first sentence indicates eligibility: "Customers Holding Tickets with confirmed reservations" for eligible class and flights.

The second sentence indicates that only those that have a 081 ticket number can book the service though Qantas.

The third sentence indicates those with a 176- ticket number should reserve though Emirates.

There is nothing specific there to indicate those ticketed with other airlines are ineligible.
Old Mar 24, 13, 5:58 pm
DS7

Programs: BA (shiny); VS (amoeba); Others (plankton)
....and to confirm.....

You CAN book chauffeur drive on a reward ticket booked through another airline but on QF metal ....

Search this Thread