Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2014, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Unless it has changed, EK was using the Meridien Airport hotel for 1st/business class passengers and the Millenium Copthorne for Economy class passengers
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:24 pm

"Chauffeur Drive is currently unavailable" for an AA booking LHR-SYD, and that's post ticketing. Hmm.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 5:45 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Actually it's being cancelled for all bookings. Some are reporting 10k points in compensation, but unsure if this is just elites or all pax.
10k points per booking (not per passenger) - but only offered upon prompting - ie "what are you offering in recompense?". QF staff do a manual credit to the FF account and are following written instructions on how much and how to do it.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
"Chauffeur Drive is currently unavailable" for an AA booking LHR-SYD, and that's post ticketing. Hmm.
Have you tried going to the direct link https://www.qantas.com.au/customiseY...?recloc=XXXXXX ( replacing XXXXXX with PNR ) ?

If so, perhaps QF has updated the system to only allow 081 tickets as mentioned in the terms
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
AA awards ticket as 001, and that pages showing it's currently unavailable states that it only applies to 081 tickets.
Old Jul 8, 2014, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
AA awards ticket as 001, and that pages showing it's currently unavailable states that it only applies to 081 tickets.
The Terms have , all along, had reference to the 081 requirement but until recently , definitely could do it on non 081 tickets ( I recently arranged it on an 037 ticket ) . I have also seem Manage booking not show the option but the direct link has worked and offered the cars where applicable

It is of course also possible that QF has updated its software to pick up and reject based on non 081 tickets
Old Jul 9, 2014, 12:51 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|HH Gold|DL Silver|ALL Silver|
I wouldn't be surprised that QF have closed any loophole which may have allowed chauffeur drive on non-QF award tickets...
Old Jul 9, 2014, 4:27 am

Managed to book it eventually. Don't know what the issue was. I did try for about 2 hours after the tickets had been issued. Later in the day, gave it another shot and it worked.

Interestingly, the new interface for MYB only shows the AA record locator. In order to see the QF (Amadeus) one, you'll need to click on the chauffeur link and get it off the hyperlink.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I have a friend that just booked a US Airways award ticket using Qantas. On which pickups and dropoffs will he and his wife receive ChaufferDrive?

LHR - MEL qf F, 23.5 hour layover
MEL - SYD qf C 2 week stopover
SYD - MNL - HKG - LAX qf C, cx C, cx F

Would they get a drop off and pick up in both Melbourne and Sydney?

Would they get a pick up in London?
Old Jul 9, 2014, 8:34 am

If you go to the Qantas manage booking, when going to chauffeur drive it will show which ones are eligible

Of those listed, only LHR-Australia is eligible

Technically, the MEL-SYD is a connection (<24 hours), so would believe that it should be a drop off in Sydney that is given but I would not be surprised if the system offers it in Melbourne instead

Last edited by Dave Noble; Jul 9, 2014 at 8:48 am
Old Jul 9, 2014, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Technically, the MEL-SYD is a connection (<24 hours), so would believe that it should be a drop off in Sydney that is given but I would not be surprised if the system offers it in Melbourne instead
I had a DXB-MEL-CBR booking with the overnight and afternoon flight to CBR, only drop off in CBR was allowed.
Old Jul 9, 2014, 2:33 pm

I had a DXB-MEL-CBR booking with the overnight and afternoon flight to CBR, only drop off in CBR was allowed.
So it managed to get the correct location for the drop off despite the overnight stop? that's something that's been nicely set up then
Old Jul 10, 2014, 9:31 am

Programs: QF, SQ, EK, TG, AA, AF, MH, ET, SAA, MIAT, and some dodgy odds 'n sods, and SPG, IHC, HH, Accor ...
G'Day all, update to the Chauffeur Drive "enhancement": the customer service officer I dealt with was very apologetic, and after some discussion, which entailed having to get "higher" acceptance of proposed compensation, I was awarded 10k points for the BNE-LAX 6Jul depart leg and 10k for the DFW-BNE 9Aug arrival leg; the points arrived in my account three weeks after the discussion.

So, I suppose AUD75-80 worth of chauffeur drive equals 10k points, a basis upon which to value redemptions ROFLMAO!

This "enhancement" has been very poorly instituted but to the credit of those charged with dealing with us out in the wilds, so to speak, credit must go for managing the process to the conclusion reached.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 3:42 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by PuriPuriManTumas
G'Day all, update to the Chauffeur Drive "enhancement": the customer service officer I dealt with was very apologetic, and after some discussion, which entailed having to get "higher" acceptance of proposed compensation, I was awarded 10k ........

This "enhancement" has been very poorly instituted but to the credit of those charged with dealing with us out in the wilds, so to speak, credit must go for managing the process to the conclusion reached.
Seems the standard amount of compensation.

You are very kind to the QF manager who apparently put this back-track in place. It shouldn't have been so hard really - work out the compensation amount policy, computer says who has CD booked, computer sends email to everyone saying " call us ", computer sends a list if non-responders to a human, human phones the contact number.

It shouldn't have got to this stage. Why on earth should an airline that is going broke make a generous offer to customers when the competition (if indeed there is competition) makes no such similar offer?
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Pick up time more than five hours early?

I can book Qantas drive for my upcoming QF1 departing 02:25 at DXB. But I'll be staying at Abu Dhabi. The earliest pick-up time I can choose on the website is 5 hours prior to flight (at 21:25). I can't imaging any hotels will allow me to a late check-out for that late So is it possible to arrange an earlier pick-up time, say 18:00? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.