Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asian Network Changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LOLABUNNY
A GOOD thing.CX also offers the only Nonstop in the other direction coming out of HKG to Adelaide.
Even the other direction to hkg is not bad just a short hop to mel
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
first thing tomorrow morning contact consumer affairs in your capital city. you can do it by phone, and it's free. I wonder if they can do anything? you have purchased a product, and you are entitled to certainty so you can make connecting arrangements etc.
The passenger has now cancelled. I do not see what more can be done for the passenger now
Old Feb 14, 2013, 4:33 am
VLJ

During one of our calls we were told if we accepted the one way fare Per-Sin on the amended travel time - but wanted to cancel the return leg where the changes did not suit - that the refund would be minimal - the lion's share of the air fare would be for Per-Sin - we asked how much we would get back and she couldn't say - that the 'team' could tell us that when they called.

So after waiting for this impending call which never came - it seemed our only option was to cancel for a full refund and then rebook on an airline which offers four flights per day from Perth to Singapore and return rather than the one flight with QF which we couldn't take.

However - at the end of the day - to purchase new tickets costs us double due to losing the opportunity to purchase sale fares at this late stage.

What was I hoping they would say? Well firstly - that they would actually call rather than sending endless emails which we only had the option to 'confirm change'.
I was hoping they would be able to tell us the refund value of the return leg so we could budget for new ticket purchases.
It seemed the only choice to receive a full refund so we could go ahead with our plans.
We have now joined the Krisflyer program and look forward to the choice that is given to Perth residents travellling to Singapore and beyond.

Perhaps the only alternative to our disappointment was to cancel and receive a full refund - but the point remains that at no time were we in a position to discuss options due to their lack of communication.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 9:20 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
another notification today - QF 127 retimed again - now leaving 0950 instead of 0955. What's the point of going to all that bother for 5 minutes?
Well it's made my transit in Sydney go down from 9:55am to 9:50 now. My transit cut from 75 minutes to 70, so still legal and probably feasible since I suppose I can through check from MEL to HKG anyway. But as ex-HKG any moves to make the flight earlier is not apprciated.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 8:44 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...ar-2013-a.html

Oh no, does this mean "10% less" seats for CX?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 9:31 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
Well it's made my transit in Sydney go down from 9:55am to 9:50 now. My transit cut from 75 minutes to 70, so still legal and probably feasible since I suppose I can through check from MEL to HKG anyway. But as ex-HKG any moves to make the flight earlier is not apprciated.
Should've booked CX from the start.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
Should've booked CX from the start.
Couldn't have stayed on the mountain if I was on the morning CX anyway. Just a matter of whether I can sleep in at Melbourne Airport Hotel or not.

What I really need was more afternoon flights. Out of either Melbourne or Sydney. Should have more flights like CX100/101. Morning flights are favourable to Australian residents but not from me coming over from the other side.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 4:30 am
Suspended

Couldn't have stayed on the mountain if I was on the morning CX anyway. Just a matter of whether I can sleep in at Melbourne Airport Hotel or not.

What I really need was more afternoon flights. Out of either Melbourne or Sydney. Should have more flights like CX100/101. Morning flights are favourable to Australian residents but not from me coming over from the other side.
I think a 5th daily flight SYD-hkg is coming and most likely in the afternoon
Old Jul 1, 2013, 3:58 am

Hear hear. I'm now leaving MEL at 7:15AM to catch QF127 HKG-SYD on redemption at 9:55AM. This would mean staying at MEL airport hotel, but I think its feasible to drive down from Mt Buller to MEL the night before after dinner and catch a nap - we have to stay overnight either at Mt Buller or someplace in Melbourne the night before anyway.

(Yes I could have flown direct at 9:30AM that day (1 Jul) but my redemption program (Asia Miles/Marco Polo) refuses to cut me any slack. The transit point (Sydney) has to stay in even if obliterated by a North Korean nuclear attack, unless I pay voluntary rerouting fee of US$100).

We're tourists (now) so we're flexible on where we stay. I've complaints about other people having to be dropped off by family - which will be a major annoyance in the buxt. CX for my office colleagues now, bye bye stupid Roo Roo.
More woe on top of my rescheduling misery - the 7:15 qf410 went tech. Capt said some work that was meant to be done last night wasn't done. Eventually left Mel at 8:07 and reached Sydney by 9:29, only to have 4 uniformed afp officers board the aircraft and remove what looks a suspected smoker from the back (perp walk). We leaped out of the aircraft, sprinted to gate 15 and boarded the transfer bus only to be pulled off and given overnight and tix for tomorrow's qf127. Have to get that days worth of leave now.

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 2, 2013 at 4:56 am Reason: Overnight not STPC - STPC not involuntary.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:56 am
Suspended

More woe on top of my rescheduling misery - the 7:15 qf410 went tech. Capt said some work that was meant to be done last night wasn't done. Eventually left Mel at 8:07 and reached Sydney by 9:29, only to have 4 uniformed afp officers board the aircraft and remove what looks a suspected smoker from the back (perp walk). We leaped out of the aircraft, sprinted to gate 15 and boarded the transfer bus only to be pulled off and given stpc and tix for tomorrow's qf127. Have to get that days worth of leave now.
Why didn't you ask them to put you on CX100 instead? Well I am surprised your boss didn't give you a warning letter
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:31 am

Very droll. There were seats on CX138 in J. I wonder if DMs such as yourself are delayed due to partner airline tech on X redemption tickets, do they put you on CX J?

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 2, 2013 at 4:54 am Reason: Wrong J flight number
Old Jul 1, 2013, 7:43 am
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Very drolll. There were seats on cx161 in J. I wonder if DMs such as yourself are delayed due to tech on X redemption tickets, do they put you on J?
But why didn't QF reroute you when there is a misconnect? I would've demanded DM or not. I'm sure they can get you on either CX or VS? I think it is a lesson not to cut it this fine and end up biting you in the arse at the end. Well at least you got an extra day in SYD.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:47 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

I did ask, qf said there was nothing on cx.

And I checked against cx.com. The only rebook they could have done was against the CX138 in J.

So I would have needed super cow powers to switch carriers and class. Maybe DMs could have done it have their planes gone tech - unpublished benefit of some sort?

And it's Qantas's job to fix the busted segment even tho the tix is on cx paper? I didn't even give it a try, but maybe ow emeralds might get it.

As for tight connection, the disincentive was the earlier flight available for AM redemption was the 6:30. Whilst it would have been wise on hindsight, the risk was the flight leaving on time but me oversleeping and missing the flight and having to find a redemption seat from Syd-Mel, and probably another redemption seat from Syd-hkg as well. I have to balance trying a 70 minute connection (good for about 20 minute delay) vs oversleeping an insanely early departure from Mel.

And for those looking for a relevance to this thread/forum, it shows the early flights are difficult to connect to yet again.

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 2, 2013 at 4:54 am Reason: Wrong J flight number
Old Jul 1, 2013, 6:38 pm
Suspended

I did ask, qf said there was nothing on cx.

And I checked against cx.com. The only rebook they could have done was against the CX161 in J.

So I would have needed super cow powers to switch carriers and class. Maybe DMs could have done it have their planes gone tech - unpublished benefit of some sort?

And it's Qantas's job to fix the busted segment even tho the tix is on cx paper? I didn't even give it a try, but maybe ow emeralds might get it.

As for tight connection, the disincentive was the earlier flight available for AM redemption was the 6:30. Whilst it would have been wise on hindsight, the risk was the flight leaving on time but me oversleeping and missing the flight and having to find a redemption seat from Syd-Mel, and probably another redemption seat from Syd-hkg as well. I have to balance trying a 70 minute connection (good for about 20 minute delay) vs oversleeping an insanely early departure from Mel.

And for those looking for a relevance to this thread/forum, it shows the early flights are difficult to connect to yet again.
Maybe it is a QF thing but I had experience on other carriers BA AA CX erc where they will just reroute you when they can. You were not persistent enough.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
Maybe it is a QF thing but I had experience on other carriers BA AA CX erc where they will just reroute you when they can. You were not persistent enough.
Again, I did not just take QF by its word and checked CX.com. Nothing.

Not surprising given the date. In fact, even QF.com refused to sell me today's QF127 yesterday as well. It's that full. We were lucky to have the seats we have.

What I didn't do is check VS. It's cos when I asked "no flights leaving today?" "we already checked Cathay Pacific for you." I wasn't sure if QF could book on a non-alliance carrier such as VS - probably it can http://www.fly.com/blog/travel-news/...-is-cancelled/ . Will check next time - even though given the date and VS's low frequency it's not likely.

And for the practicality of the connection, I saw a QF410-QF127 suitcase come out before mine when waiting for my suitcase today. I tried to take a photo but set the wrong mode and never saw the suitcase come round again to take a second shot - the owner of the suitcase apparently made the connection.

Last edited by percysmith; Jul 2, 2013 at 5:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.