Singapore-London

Old Jan 7, 13, 8:52 am
Suspended

But does MH offer flat beds?
Old Jan 8, 13, 12:09 am
VLJ
Original Poster

Yes - the A380 (one of the most recent to be allocated I believe) does have fully flat beds and according to the website also has the widest A380 beds - I though Singapore Airlines A380 beds looked huge!
Old Jan 9, 13, 5:39 pm

Programs: QF WP LTS, HHonors Diamond, VA NP
Originally Posted by VLJ View Post
It is a Business Promo sale on until Jan 10 - so the timing was good - the cancellation and change fee is significant though.
Significant enough to ensure you have adequate insurance should your circumstances change again??

Regards,

BD
Old Jan 13, 13, 5:31 am
VLJ
Original Poster

Yes BD it's around 300 EU each but we have good travel insurance.
Old Mar 5, 13, 9:08 am
VLJ
Original Poster

After the changes with the Asian network we were moved from the QF A380 onto a BA 747 for our flight sector SIN-LHR.
The times changed on three occasions with that flight but we were committed to the date.
We paid over $250 to be seated on the upper deck in our chosen seats.
BA then moved us out of our seats - 'due to operational reasons'.

The A380 LHR-SIN was also changed to BA 747 - and that flight also had more than three time changes.
After the seating issues, constant time changes, no QF A380 etc., we opted to cancel the award booking and have the points and costs refunded.
We did this a week ago and these bookings still appear in our FF account.
Is it because it originates from LHR and we are in Perth?
There have been so many calls to and fro and we are so fed up with the whole journey I can't believe WE have to check on them cancelling and refunding when they said it had been done.
Old Mar 5, 13, 9:24 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
What did you book instead?

BA's LHR-SIN-LHR times have moved +/- 1hr recently, I have been notified by QF after a 10min BA flight time change.

BA have also removed seats 64 A/B/J/K from purchase and are only available to BA Gold and OW Emeralds.
Old Mar 5, 13, 9:36 am
VLJ
Original Poster

BA have also removed seats 64 A/B/J/K from purchase and are only available to BA Gold and OW Emeralds.[/QUOTE]

That's all very well but we were offered 64A and B which we accepted allocation and paid for - very expensive too.

If they made an error in making it available to us due to 'operational reasons' (in other words - shouldn't have sold them to us in the first place) - then they should not have made it retrospective and allowed those customers who paid for the seats to remain on them - OR - refund the seating costs in full. At this stage there is a lengthy thread on the BA forum with a lot of very disappointed paying customers who have not been offered refunds, merely moved into another 'suitable' seat.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...w-64-seat.html
Old Mar 5, 13, 9:56 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I have posted in that thread. The BA T&C's are clear "We cannot guarantee that your seat is reserved". However their refund policy states that they will refund the money in this case, perhaps after the flight. However you would get free seat selection in that case.

Were you moved to Row 63 J/K?

Cancelling your award flights just for being moved from 64A/B to another pair of business class seats, and a few time changes of +/- 1hr seems a bit much really.
Old Mar 5, 13, 10:19 am
VLJ
Original Poster

We wanted to fly with Qantas.

We wanted to fly the A380 - almost a year ago we booked our award seats flying SIN-LHR-SIN in J on the A380.

This was then changed to BA on the 747 -
We opted to pay for seat selection on BA rather than wait for allocation seven days prior - as we are on separate booking references and wanted the guarantee of being seated together, so while paying for that privilege - one would assume you get the seat you request or receive a refund.

After all we selected our seat for free with our initial booking with Qantas.

We wanted to fly at the time we booked to connect with the flights we booked with Qantas which also changed - one of which was deleted altogether.
Many things have now changed including carrier, aircraft type, seat selection, connecting flights etc.

There is so much more to this whole journey which I won't bore you with as it is already a marathon.
I have tried very hard to remain with Qantas as we are loyal FFers but since the recent changes it seems for Perth we have a lot more options with other carriers.

Now I just really want to know why the return flights LHR-SIN have not yet been cancelled after talking with the consultant a week ago?
Old Mar 5, 13, 10:22 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you SIN-LHR seperate to LHR-SIN? If so, can you not just cancel it yourself online? The agent may have only cancelled the outbound.

I guess this is the risk you run if you book non connected tickets (fully realise in your situation you couldn't though). A family member had a booking of MEL-HKG-LHR return booked for after April in J, with MEL-HKG on QF A330 and HKG-LHR on BA 777. BA changed flight times slightly and then it was no longer offered as a QF codeshare. Qantas first offered to rebook as a straight BA code, but had no problems changing the booking to be MEL-DXB-LHR return all on the QF A380, even though the discount fare code was not available.

Last edited by nux; Mar 5, 13 at 10:31 am
Old Mar 5, 13, 10:28 am
VLJ
Original Poster

We had to book separately as they are award flights and released many weeks apart - there are only two seats in J released on each flight to my knowledge on the A380 at the time so we had to do the first sector, then wait for the return.

We are still flying SIN-LHR as per their changes.
However the return flight LHR-SIN asks us to 'confirm changes' (relating to the time changes)

Interesting thing is we had a long conversation and the consultant was very helpful - spoke to my husband first with his booking reference, then me - and said great, all good - the flights will be cancelled and fees refunded.
That was a week ago and it's all still there - how long does it take - as I said - we are in Perth - the flight originates in London - is that why?

Last edited by VLJ; Mar 5, 13 at 10:34 am
Old Mar 5, 13, 10:33 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just press Confirm and then Cancel, no need to call.