Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Lounge availability LAX prior to night Qantas flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge availability LAX prior to night Qantas flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:13 pm

Have the new Oneworld TBIT lounges opened yet?
Old Jul 10, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Originally Posted by bmchris
Have the new Oneworld TBIT lounges opened yet?
No. I believe still a few months away. *A lounge will be the first to open IIRC.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
A recent article in Australia Business Traveller states that "Qantas expects to open the doors to its expanded LAX business lounge later this year, with the first class lounge to follow in 2014 in a staged construction program" and "Located on TBIT Level 5, the new Qantas Business Lounge will boast almost triple the capacity of the Red Roo’s current crowded LAX lounge".
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:17 am

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Originally Posted by barbh2
I am coming in on an AA flight that is part of the ticketed reservation, but the flight arrives in LAX the day before the Qantas segment of the flight. We will stay in a hotel that night. Is the Flagship Lounge in T4 still an option before our Qantas flight, or only the one world first class lounge in TBIT?
Rumour has it that because QF flight leave from T4, TSA agents just look at the boarding pass, see Qantas and let you through. Will be trying it in 6 weeks time, are you travelling after late August - I can give you feedback on whether this works if so
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:02 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by wtcmor
Rumour has it that because QF flight leave from T4, TSA agents just look at the boarding pass, see Qantas and let you through. Will be trying it in 6 weeks time, are you travelling after late August - I can give you feedback on whether this works if so
The post you quoted is almost a year old..

If your flight leaves from TBIT I would be very surprised if you get in to T4, and I'm not sure why you would bother. The FlAAgship Lounge isn't all that great.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 10:25 am

I'm going to skip T4. I don't want to be flustered and worried about bus schedules and potentially missing my flight. Just chill out in the TBIT lounge, even if it is a little busy and crowded.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by nux
If your flight leaves from TBIT I would be very surprised if you get in to T4, and I'm not sure why you would bother. The FlAAgship Lounge isn't all that great.
The T4 FL may not be "all that great" but I have found it consistently more comfortable than the TBIT *O First Lounge since it opened.

When I can I delay my travel from T4 to TBIT until about 90 minutes before the flight.

Hopefully this will change when the Bradley West Development is fully operational woth the *O lounge expansion complete.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:30 am

I'm going to skip T4. I don't want to be flustered and worried about bus schedules and potentially missing my flight.
You are aware that the walk from T4 to TBIT is about 50 yards?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Auscal
You are aware that the walk from T4 to TBIT is about 50 yards?
Yes, but from memory, you need to clear security or take the bus. You can't just walk between terminals post security. I'm not one of those who likes to visit multiple TSA check points.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:09 pm

Yes, but from memory, you need to clear security or take the bus. You can't just walk between terminals post security. I'm not one of those who likes to visit multiple TSA check points.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:10 pm

Yes, but from memory, you need to clear security or take the bus. You can't just walk between terminals post security.
A valid point.
I'm not one of those who likes to visit multiple TSA check points.
You don't? LOL I guess it depends on the amount of time you have to kill - if it's 5 hours +, then, it maybe worth the effort.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

From my experience between 8pm and 10 pm, the average times have been (as an Emerald) to:

35 minutes - Depart Flagship lounge in time to catch the bus from gate 44 to get to oneworld lounge.
20 minutes - Depart Flagship lounge and exit on the upper concourse landside to get to oneworld lounge.

There can be other considerations. For example, with the former you have a 5 minute window every 30 minutes and with the latter you can depart when convenient, but there is that danged security thing.

What is ~15 minutes worth to you.

Last edited by serfty; Jul 15, 2013 at 2:28 am
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:34 am

Programs: QFF
In a couple of years once the T4-TBIT connector is built you will be able to.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:23 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Himeno
In a couple of years once the T4-TBIT connector is built you will be able to.
That was built circa 2003 -- yes there is a tunnel joining T4 and TBIT. But LAX in its wisdom decided to keep it closed for pax. For a while it was used for overflow immigration/customs processing for flights arriving at TBIT or T4 to be processed in the other terminal -- so arrivals only. LAX has a long and proud tradition of closing down airside tunnels linking terminals, prefering to have pax inconvenienced instead
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by number_6
That was built circa 2003 -- yes there is a tunnel joining T4 and TBIT. But LAX in its wisdom decided to keep it closed for pax. For a while it was used for overflow immigration/customs processing for flights arriving at TBIT or T4 to be processed in the other terminal -- so arrivals only. LAX has a long and proud tradition of closing down airside tunnels linking terminals, prefering to have pax inconvenienced instead
The tunnel may or may not remain, or be available.

The new T4/TBIT connector will be elevated (between Level 4 at T4 and level 5 at TBIT). It is scheduled to be completed by March 2015. There was also one planned for T3 but this has been cancelled due to the uncertain future of T3.

LAX Terminal 4 - Tom Bradley Intl Terminal: secure connection? - FlyerTalk Forums

Last edited by serfty; Jul 15, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.