QF12 24DEC strange statistics?

Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:12 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
QF12 24DEC strange statistics?

We're on QF12 tomorrow LAX-SYD. Using KVS, availability shows that the flight is still relatively wide open in most classes. We were looking for 2 F redemption seats but looks like it's not going to happen which is fair enough. We'll make do in 12 AB

However, the seat map in F shows there's not a single seat available with at least 9 still on offer for sale. Yes, I know about overbooking but this seems a little odd. Anyone got any explanations?

[KVS Availability Tool 7.1.2/Diamond - Sabre: Availability/FS/US]
Code:
LAX  Los Angeles Intl CA US [KLAX]
SYD  Sydney Kingsford Smith NS AU [YSSY]
MON  24 Dec 2012

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
QF         12      LAX   22:20     SYD   08:20     388      F9 A9 P0 J9 C9 D9 I9 U0 W9 R9 T9 Z0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G0 X7 E0
Old Dec 23, 2012, 4:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

With a QF Gold membership in my EF account, for 24 Dec I can see 3 out of 14 seats allocated on QF12
Old Dec 23, 2012, 5:14 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
T-24 and seat maps are totally unreliable as upgrades are processed.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: AA-EXP Hilton Honors-PLT Admirals Club
Doesn't Qantas on the day of the flight make seats available in the U and P buckets allowing other airlines such as american to use those to upgrade for their customer as well?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:02 pm
tt7

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
...for 24 Dec I can see 3 out of 14 seats allocated on QF12
Ditto, I see the same (2F, 2K and 5A occupied).

Originally Posted by og
T-24 and seat maps are totally unreliable as upgrades are processed.
Why? Presumably the upgrade process is automated and takes a matter of seconds? Are you saying that, as the upgrade process runs, it automatically locks out all seat allocations and then, once completed, releases the unassigned seats again -- and the OP managed to hit this precise (and presumably pretty short) interval with their query?

Originally Posted by valuepac
Doesn't Qantas on the day of the flight make seats available in the U and P buckets allowing other airlines such as american to use those to upgrade for their customer as well?
No. QF is well-known for allowing premium seats to remain empty, rather than allocating them for award redemptions.

For the OP, why take 12AB rather than 12EF - wouldn't you rather have an aisle each?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:03 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by valuepac
No - unless there has has been a recent change.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
I noticed exactly the same seat map availability for QF 1 on 29/12/2012, I just figured it was something QF did...clearly that assumption was right

My KVS only has my lowly QF Silver details in there though
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:02 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
QF now process upgrades right up until boarding. My last QF12 only had 3 seats in F sold, but upon departure was completely full.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by tt7
For the OP, why take 12AB rather than 12EF - wouldn't you rather have an aisle each?
Thanks but the missus prefers a window seat and she likes to be tucked away.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.