Brisbane Qantas Club access

Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Brisbane Qantas Club access

Hi,

I am AA Platinum (OW Sapphire) and I have an upcoming Y Brisbane-Cairns flight. Based on my status, will I be able to access the airport lounge?

Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Yes, oneworld sapphire will provide access to the Qantas Club so long as flying on a Qantas flight.

(it is only AA who restricts its own members from access to the AC)
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:38 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by moa999
Yes, oneworld sapphire will provide access to the Qantas Club so long as flying on a Qantas flight.

(it is only AA who restricts its own members from access to the AC)
No matter whether the flight is domestic or not?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 1:41 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Indeed, see here;

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...al/en#oneworld
Old Jul 5, 2012, 6:09 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Sorry, I am drunk, so sorry for waffling (amd if the mods feel the need to discipline me for this, then so be it).

ALL OW Emerald and Sapphire members have access to OW lounges around the world, when the next onward flight is on a OW carrier.

The ONLY exceptions are as follows:

AA does not allow their AA EXP and AA PLAT members into AA lounges unless it is part of an international itinerary (and AA have a funny definition of what is international).

BA Concorde Room is not a OW lounge, so does not figure in the standard access rules.

So, to basically summarise it:

If you have a OW Sapphire Card, OR a OW Emerald card, and you are flying on a OW carrier, if there is a lounge you will have access (unless you are AA elite and flying on AA, and then it will depend).

Why can't we get this through to the Merkins?

Dave
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by thadocta

Dave
Because we Merkins have to slug through all these strange rules and exceptions with our wonderful flAAgship carrier (I think you referenced the strange definition of "international"). At any rate, the OP will enjoy the BNE domestic club. The food and drink offerings are in many ways better than any stateside AC or even FL for that matter.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 7:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by bayoubabsy
Originally Posted by thadocta

Dave
Because we Merkins have to slug through all these strange rules and exceptions with our wonderful flAAgship carrier (I think you referenced the strange definition of "international"). At any rate, the OP will enjoy the BNE domestic club. The food and drink offerings are in many ways better than any stateside AC or even FL for that matter.

Just to hijack the thread slightly but I'm heading to Australia for the first time in oct/nov and have a BNE-SYD

What is the lounge offering like in the mornings @ BNE ?

Cheers
cs
Old Jul 6, 2012, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
What is the lounge offering like in the mornings @ BNE ?
Continental breakfast for Sapphires in the QP ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.