Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Changes to Qantas Lounges in Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes to Qantas Lounges in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2013, 6:43 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BNEFlyer
Just to clarify, JQ8 is to MEL not SYD.

Correctioncx the QF website provides a good explanation of the QF/BA lounge situation at SIN until March 31. I'm flying BA F in June (which I'm really looking forward to), will be interesting to see the new lounge and see what is provided for BA F pax.

Also, does anyone know if the QF lounge can be used as an arrival lounge? I'm doing BNE-SIN (QF J)-HKT (3K). Whilst in transit can I use the lounge or would that only be allowed if continuing on a OW flight in J?
It doesn't have the opening hours anymore so is it just open in the afternoon?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:35 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by correctioncx
It doesn't have the opening hours anymore so is it just open in the afternoon?
That was my experience in January. I had to walk over to the CX lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Pictures of the new lounge here and it looks a vast improvement, and nice to see at least (some) echoes of the SYD and MEL F lounges etc. Anyone been yet, is it as good as the PR/official propaganda suggests?

The big picture: Qantas unveils Singapore Lounge - http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ngapore-lounge
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Anyone been yet, is it as good as the PR/official propaganda suggests?
Try starting here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20565964-post69.html - and see particularly post #81.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Try starting here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20565964-post69.html - and see particularly post #81.
Ta! Did a search before posting and it brought up this Thread for discussions on the SIN lounge, didn't realise there were two Threads running on it!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Aisle Seat H
Ta! Did a search before posting and it brought up this Thread for discussions on the SIN lounge, didn't realise there were two Threads running on it!
That may be because that one's on the BA board! (And there are actually two threads running on it there.)
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
That may be because that one's on the BA board! (And there are actually two threads running on it there.)
Didn't spot that, assumed I had erred and posted on the wrong Thread here!

Look forward to hearing/seeing QF FF (esp. WP and WP1s) impressions and experiences of the place on this Forum, as won't be there myself for the first time for a few months at least.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:31 am

So now QF travelers in J or with SG or WP status have access to 5 different lounges in SIN, being QF, BA, CX, MH and EK lounges as the first 4 are in OW and the latter being the result of the QF/EK JSA? If that's the case lounge hopping this Saturday will be very interesting!

Last edited by lowjhg; Apr 11, 2013 at 11:51 am
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:50 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Originally Posted by lowjhg
So now QF travelers in J or with SG or WP status have access to 5 different lounges in SIN, being QF, BA, CX, MH and EK lounges as the first 4 are in OW and the latter being the result of the QF/EK JSA? If that's the case lounge hopping this Saturday will be very interesting!
Not to mention exhausing and possibly inebriating
Old Apr 16, 2013, 6:44 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Just used the new QF lounge today. Overall it is nothing to write home about. Lounge was still somewhat crowded by the time I left at 6:30pm but was quite when I arrived an hour earlier. My only comment was the Lounge Host tried to redirect me to the BA lounge as I was travelling on BA15.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: QF WP, Velocity WP, Marriott Platinum
i used the new Singapore lounge on Monday night and I thought it was great - a vast improvement on what is used to be like.

Showers were new and very well laid out, with Aurora Spa product - and there are 19 of them!

Dining service was more like a restaurant, with option to order on demand from the chef. I ordered the crispy salmon, which was great - I highly recommend it. And the desserts were delicious, esp. the brownie.

Staff were also very friendly and attentive. Possibly the 'just opened' effect, but I think also the Sofitel influence - similar to what I have experienced in the SYD/MEL First Class Lounge.

I suddenly wish QF were still flying through SIN to Europe...
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:33 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-consi...-for-hong-kong

So this article mentions differentiated service based on status in the Singapore lounge. Has anyone experienced this? "No soup for you!"
Old Apr 21, 2013, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-consi...-for-hong-kong

So this article mentions differentiated service based on status in the Singapore lounge. Has anyone experienced this? "No soup for you!"
CLs and P1s get valet pressing & shoe shine service plus first dibs at reserving a shower suite; CLs have three showers reserved for their use and also get a free pack of Payot skincare products and OPI manicure kits.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
But there is no differentiation for Plat, who previously had differentiated access to the First Lounge.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:34 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Worse than that, the primary value of "differentiated" lounges is not these minor and trivial details in the service, but the space, privacy and (lack of) crowding in the higher level lounges. So a big downgrade for WPs, and a smaller one for P1s and even CLs are downgraded, unless they have a "private dining room" or some such secret area in the lounge. Given EK's propensity to have single F/J lounge, this is not too surprising, it is part of QF going down to the poorer aspects of EK service level without upping the J lounge quality to match EK. A big mistake at HKG, if they go this way, as CX will have the F lounge as point of comparison.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.