Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Help from Perth travellers - flight options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2012, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

I'm flying back from Perth to CBR on 1 June and tossing up between QF480 to MEL then on to CBR or QF572.

Can any regular Perthites suggest which one tends to be more crowded if there is a pattern?

Also tossing up trying to use points to upgrade to Business and wondering about the likelihood and whether it is worthwhile.

Thoughts or comments appreciated!

Thanks
Old May 23, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
Always prefer to go PER-CBR direct on the single daily flight. But since this is usually a crowded 738 and it's a long flight, always upgrade using points.
Old May 23, 2012, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grov
Always prefer to go PER-CBR direct on the single daily flight. But since this is usually a crowded 738 and it's a long flight, always upgrade using points.
Ahhh, but the only direct return flight (QF718 - a 738) is not until 16:30 and I don't need to be in Perth for effectively another day.

I suppose all flights from Perth tend to be crowded now, maybe I just pick one and take the punt.
Old May 24, 2012, 12:02 am

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
Ok, so if you want to make a long flight into an even longer trip back via MEL, then at least you should be able to choose a better aircraft PER-MEL. And you should have a greater chance of an upgrade if you want to do that.
Old May 24, 2012, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by grov
Ok, so if you want to make a long flight into an even longer trip back via MEL, then at least you should be able to choose a better aircraft PER-MEL. And you should have a greater chance of an upgrade if you want to do that.
Not sure that I want to make the trip longer but nor do I want to still be in Perth at 4:30!

Thanks for your responses.
Old May 24, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by Mark1966
Not sure that I want to make the trip longer but nor do I want to still be in Perth at 4:30!

Thanks for your responses.
I would take the 592/708 combination via ADL, the gentlemans hour flight ex PER is usually fairly light in both J and Y so if there are no upgrades available, still a good chance of an empty middle seat and gets you into CBR a couple of hours earlier than the direct
Old May 24, 2012, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks again.

I've bitten the bullet and booked the QF572/QF1485 combination which really suits my timings best. I wanted to be back in CBR before about 1600 and didn't want to be up at the crack of dawn so this is the best compromise. Now to check out upgrade availability!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.