Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Lounge - Manila Airport

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Qantas Lounge - Manila Airport

Hi I was just wondering if anyone could tell me about their experience in the Manila Qantas Club Lounge. We are stopping over in August and we have two complimentary lounge passes that we are wondering whther we should use there because we have a 3 hour stopover. I am wondering if they have showers, alcohol, food and lounges? I have heard some pretty bad stories about the lounges there. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: QF, MH
I was there last week. It is ok, small and very basic for an airport lounge. No showers or even toilets in the Qantas lounge. A small selection of food and drinks.

At the Qantas check in I was given a pass the Miascor Lounge which is an independent lounge near gate 9. It seems to be contract lounge for a few airlines and overflow for others as well.

But I went first to the Qantas lounge near gate 2. I asked about showers, was told they didn't have them. But to go to the Miascor lounge and they offer me another pass. As you would be using complimentary lounge passes I am not sure if they would offer a pass to Miascor lounge to you.

The Miascor lounge was a bit better. Having a shower felt pretty good. The food and drink was a bit better than the Qantas lounge. The seats were comfortable and the internet connection was fast.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:09 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
The "Manila Lounge" that QF use at MNL T1 is a third-party lounge, so QF lounge passes are probably not valid there. The OP does not say whether they are flying out on QF; if not, they are even further out of luck, as it is open for QF pax immediately before the 4 QF flights a week. Yes, it is fairly basic (it definitely does have a toilet though), but it is not too different from most of the other lounges in this terminal; as noted above, the "Miascor" lounge is probably the best of a not very distinguished lot.

The OP's best bet for lounge access may be to purchase access to one of the "generic" lounges; you often encounter people in the shopping area spruiking this.
Old May 22, 2012, 12:46 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Welcome to FT and the friendly QF forum, broncurtis1984! While normally lounge passes only work for QF owned lounges it might be a good idea to just call QF and see whether they can extend an invitation for you provided you are actually flying QF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.