Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Question regarding booking on SYD to LDH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question regarding booking on SYD to LDH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2012, 3:59 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by angeloedades
og

Thanks! I thought the 400 would be too big. Just booked our flights so there is no going back now!

Now time to hunt for some travel insurance

I think I will buy a proper camera for this trip and make it into a proper trip report as information on SYD / LDH is very little.

/AE
Excellent! Look forward to it!
Old Apr 25, 2012, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Meow Mix
Sorry to keep posting OT comments and Questions but someone in the QF forum might be able to shed some light regarding insurance.

For information purposes my Interary is as follows:
  • Aug 2 - SYD to LDH (this was booked last week)
  • Aug 9 - LDH to SYD (this was booked last week)
  • Aug 10 - SYD to LHR via SIN (this was booked last year and segment LHR to SYD via SIN has already been flown)

So at the moment I am in the process of purchasing insurance for the SYD / LDH / SYD route as many of you have advised due to the possibility of delays / cancellation due to weather.

I was wondering - has anyone ever heard of or ever had insurance which covers subsequent delays caused by the original delay?

In this case I am worried that the LDH to SYD sector is delayed by a full 24 hour day (If the flight was delayed for around 18 hour then I would still be able to catch QF1) which would cause me to miss my SYD to LHR sector.

Very nervous and excited about the trip at the same time now!

If anyone can shed some light or share some information do let me know.

/AE
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:07 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by angeloedades
In this case I am worried that the LDH to SYD sector is delayed by a full 24 hour day (If the flight was delayed for around 18 hour then I would still be able to catch QF1) which would cause me to miss my SYD to LHR sector.
/AE
Perhaps you could phone QF operators and ask them to link your PNRs for the two sectors. This way they know what is happening if things go pear shaped. This used to almost assure protection for rebookings, but now QF is emulating a LCC, I'm unsure of the current situation.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by og
Perhaps you could phone QF operators and ask them to link your PNRs for the two sectors. This way they know what is happening if things go pear shaped. This used to almost assure protection for rebookings, but now QF is emulating a LCC, I'm unsure of the current situation.
Thank you og as usual

Have spoken to QF and have linked PNR's as they also suggest it.

Just looking at insurances which will cover this scenario but they are not cheap compared to a straight-forward one currently it is circa $250 which I don't mind paying for peace of mind!

/AE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.