QF pls come back to NZ

Old Mar 1, 2012, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
QF pls come back to NZ

I'm only a lowly silver on QF, but I have *G with A3 and credit NZ domestic flights to NZ.... After their suicidal move yesterday, I won't fly with them any more.... I mean what's the point...

On AKL-WLG and AKL-CHC routes, I missed the time when QF was here, but adding $15 to JQ isn't unbearable... It does help if JQ can give status even without the $15, I have enough points from credit card, and if points are costs to QF, then forget about points... So it would be nice to earn QFF status, but no points on all JQ flights...

Also let's be a little more optimistic, let's hope JQ or QF can pickup the regional routes, but the demand may not sustain two carriers... So let's hope NZ be the loser of that battle...

Hope someone from QF is monitoring this forum..
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Unhappy

I too would love QF to return in full to Domestic NZ operations. I miss them so much.
JQ has surprisingly high loads, and they after all the charges etc. are definitely more expensive than what I used to pay QF for but still cheaper than NZ for the same fligth times.
I had a gripe with NZ, personally impacted by the collapse of AN, but had to fly TT and found they were better than QF, so I see sawed back and forward between the two until NZ introduced S2S and then only fly them domestically.
Airpoints has been a joke for the past 18 months with the various "enhancements" for frequent flyers and it surprised me how many loyal flyers only saw it after yesterday.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Totally agree, I started noticing when my Asia trip earning dropped to A$40 from A$130, back in June when they did the change, and that was the last time I flew NZ long-haul. QF and CX filled in the hole nicely.... And LA J class to syd is almost too perfect for me, got there just in time for work, and cost the same as air nz TT if you factor in the fact that you staying one less night in syd. Nicely 160 sc.... Too bad my membership year finished too soon, otherwise I would have been gold already... Now, the only travel left with NZ is their domestic..... Really hoping for QF's service to be there, maybe qantaslink? But it may never happen....
Old Mar 2, 2012, 12:49 am

Programs: NZ*GE, A3*G, UA Prem, QF, AA
Originally Posted by 123dd
After their suicidal move yesterday, I won't fly with them any more.... I mean what's the point...

Hope someone from QF is monitoring this forum..
Indeed... QF has a huge opportunity here. NZ just managed to royally gut their Airpoints programme at the elite level and are in the process of trying to backpedal, but there's a pool of very frequent fliers in NZ currently assessing alternatives.

I used to be QF Gold when they flew domestically in NZ, but now that my travel is mostly TT and International I'd come back in an instant if a status match/challenge was offered. I'm even happy with the prospect of taking FJ via NAN to LAX - that's how grumpy I am at AirNZ now!
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:21 am

Programs: AirNZ AP *GE, Aegean *G, BMI Gold, BA Exec club Gold, UA MP, QFF
Huge opportunity for QF right now, to lock in some HVC with a clean status match or even challenge. Resurrection of the AKL-LAX route would be master move to consolidate the switch, opening up wider OW options.

I wonder what Air NZ Airpoints earning partners are thinking? QF FF earning points partners, especially credit card providers should be licking their lips.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by treadsoftly
I wonder what Air NZ Airpoints earning partners are thinking? QF FF earning points partners, especially credit card providers should be licking their lips.
ANZ extended their 10k QFF offer.... It was to expire at the end of Feb, now extended to April, it got to have something to do with this.....

I already cut up my global plus and applied ANZ when they launched onesmart, missed out on that offer...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.