FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   doesa qantas react to complaints? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1280262-doesa-qantas-react-complaints.html)

colcol Nov 15, 2011 12:15 pm

doesa qantas react to complaints?

My wife and I checked in at t3 for the QF10 on 12 october 2011 at about 1830. We were travelling to Sydney in business class. The second leg was a codeshare with BA 15 (qf320)
We were directed to the checkin machines and with no assistance spent almost 15 minutes trying to obtain boarding cards. Eventually, we received correct cards for the first leg from LHR to SYD.
We then went to the Qantas bag drop and asked for our second leg boarding cards. These showed me in business class and my wife in economy. Three times I referred the checkin lady to our printed itinerary which showed we were both in business class for all legs. She merely said that we should speak to our travel agent since the computer showed my wife had only paid for an economy seat. I asked who else we could speak to and was to told speak to our travel agent.
By this time my wife who is 71 was upset at the thought of being separated in different cabins. She is not a confident flyer.
After considering our options, we turned to BA for help. They spotted the problem in1 minute. There were 4 W*****s on the same flight including two mrs J W*****s. BA Spent 10 minutes sorting the problem. By this time we were both exhausted.
As a frequent flyer, I expect when travelling in a premium cabin to be through checkin in under 10 minutes. With Qantas, on this occasion it took 45 traumatic minutes.
I asked on board the first qantas leg to singapore for a comments card to be told that comments or complaints can only be submitted by email. however, the cabin services manager listened to our story and said she would include our complaint in her report.
on arrival at sydney, I emailed qantas and received an automated acknowledgement and then nothing. four weeks later, just as we were leaving sydney for home I re-sent my complaint to qantas. again apart from an automated response, the silence is deafening.
I realise that qantas has been through a turbulent few weeks but I am left feeling ignored and nmot worthy of any form of answer.
although on this trip I saved a few pounds by booking through qantas rather than BA, I will not repeat this.

Princess fiona Nov 15, 2011 1:26 pm

This sounds like a pretty dreadful experience and I cannot understand why Qantas wouldn't respond to your complaint. The emails to customer service are often erratically answered and I agree that it is just not good enough. I haven't dealt much with the business check in at LHR recently but have always found the F check in staff to be OK. Qantas has a mailing address for head office :
Customer Care
Qantas Airways Limited
Level 5 -Building A
203 Coward St
Mascot NSW 2020
There is also a fax number :
+61 2 8222 4700
I would hope that they would respond to one of these channels of communication.
Good luck

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm

sorry to hear your story.

poor other Mrs J W**** - who would have thought, briefly, she had been upgraded to business class on the SIN-SYD leg!!

Mwenenzi Nov 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by colcol (Post 17454941)
....We then went to the Qantas bag drop and asked for our second leg boarding cards. These showed me in business class and my wife in economy. Three times I referred the checkin lady to our printed itinerary which showed we were both in business class for all legs...

Reads as if when 2nd sector boarding card was issued, the person manually pulled up the other Mrs J W****s. She may not have checked the PNR but only the name. People make mistakes.

3544quebec Nov 15, 2011 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 17456632)
People make mistakes.

Indeed they do and I doubt very much that colcol would have bothered complaining to QF or posting here if the issue had been that people make mistakes. Making no attempt at all to identify and rectify your mistakes and telling a customer to sort it out themselves seems to be the issue here.

Tyrolean Nov 16, 2011 2:28 am

QF Customer Relation is usually quite good - compared to other airlines. They may are in an overload, because of the industrial actions.

Other airlines usually take 6 to 8 weeks for a response. QF has done that usually in 2 weeks. So you just maybe patient.

On the other hand: What do you expect? I had quite bad checkin experiences in SYD. The only thing I received was an Email with "SORRY" written on top. On the other hand, the setup at SYD improved a bit (from what I can see).

theassassin Nov 16, 2011 3:59 am

Sounds like an unusual situation. IMHO, just keep emailing qantas customer service till you get a reply. It can be hit and miss but once you connect with a real live person, they are ok.

Kremmen Nov 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by colcol (Post 17454941)
four weeks later, just as we were leaving sydney for home I re-sent my complaint to qantas. again apart from an automated response, the silence is deafening.

Easiest option would have been to phone them, as they are in Sydney. Having to phone long-distance is a pain.