Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow - Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
I'm actually shocked to see what is being posted in this thread.

Firstly, I know of several friends who are still using a QF Club card to access BA J lounges in T5. No changes have recently taken place that I am aware of, so I am surprised by a number of posts in this thread.

This is very obviously a case of a BA agent not knowing their arse from their elbow. Suggest the OP contact QF customer relations and report the issue to help ensure it does not happen again. All this conjecture about things that are not true are probably just making the OP dizzy rather than pointing out the more likely cause. If the OP went to a BA J lounge (travelling on a BA or QF code) and handed over their QF Club card, they are of course entitled to access it.
Indeed. I am not aware of any change to the rules ; admitedly since T5 is BA only , I inadvertantly forgot to allow for potential that the OP was on a codeshare flight and could be denied based on that

I would check with QFF but as long as

on BA or QF flight number
and
trying to access busines lounge ( not 1st class lounge or Concorde Room )

Qantas Club membership should afford access
Old Oct 12, 2011, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by number_6
There is no dilution, merely an enforcement of the previously announced benefit, well documented as requiring BA marketed and operated flight to get BA lounge access. The informal benefit of access on QF codeshares was nice while it lasted, but to say that enforcing the T&Cs as documented is a dilution is a bit much! ...
Ummm ... have you read this thread?

Particularly posts #16 & #17 which have direct link to access rights and/or the actual text: (http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...irline lounges)

Access to Partner airline lounges

In addition to Qantas Club lounges, you can relax in British Airways lounges (Terraces and Executive Club lounges) and American Airlines® Admirals Club lounges.

To access a partner airline lounge, simply present your Qantas Club card or Platinum or Gold Frequent Flyer card at check-in and again with your boarding pass at the lounge reception. You may also invite a guest. Note: both you and your guest must be travelling together and have onward travel that day on a flight marketed and operated by the partner airline whose lounge you wish to visit.***

*** Marketed and operated means a flight operated by the same airline whose flight number appears on your ticket. Includes American Airlines® or British Airways operated flights with a 'QF' flight number on your ticket.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:00 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
There is no dilution, merely an enforcement of the previously announced benefit, well documented as requiring BA marketed and operated flight to get BA lounge access. The informal benefit of access on QF codeshares was nice while it lasted, but to say that enforcing the T&Cs as documented is a dilution is a bit much! While I agree that it is a bit absurd for QP having no lounge access for a QF flight while having access for BA, but them's the rules and most on FT know the nuances when buying these products. Interesting that the status based lounge access is more generous than the paid lounge access.

From the QC Website:
Access to Partner airline lounges
In addition to Qantas Club lounges, you can relax in British Airways lounges (Terraces and Executive Club lounges) and American Airlines® Admirals Club lounges.

To access a partner airline lounge, simply present your Qantas Club card or Platinum or Gold Frequent Flyer card at check-in and again with your boarding pass at the lounge reception. You may also invite a guest. Note: both you and your guest must be travelling together and have onward travel that day on a flight marketed and operated by the partner airline whose lounge you wish to visit.***

*** Marketed and operated means a flight operated by the same airline whose flight number appears on your ticket. Includes American Airlines® or British Airways operated flights with a 'QF' flight number on your ticket. (my bolding)]
The OP was attempting to gain access to a BA (partner) lounge where BA operated the flight with a QF flight number on the OP's ticket.

If this benefit is no longer available then it is a dilution of benefits and the Qantas wesite should be updated accordingly.

BD
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BD1959
From the [URL="http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airlines/qantas-club-lounge-access/global/en"]If this benefit is no longer available then it is a dilution of benefits and the Qantas wesite should be updated accordingly.

BD
See above. Many of us don't believe the benefit has been removed - simply a bad agent. This thread has effectively become a storm in a tea cup!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:12 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
See above. Many of us don't believe the benefit has been removed - simply a bad agent. This thread has effectively become a storm in a tea cup!

Hi Traveloguy, I'm tempted to agree in all aspects except that the OP states that the Agent referred to a laminated card. There used to be a thread with a link to a scan of such a "cheat sheet" which, IIRC, included the Qantas Club card.

If the cheat-sheet now used by BA Agents no longer includes the QC card, then we can hardly blame a "bad agent" or exepect it won't happen again in future.

I suggest this really needs to be followed-up with Qantas by the OP.

Regards.

BD
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi Traveloguy, I'm tempted to agree in all aspects except that the OP states that the Agent referred to a laminated card. There used to be a thread with a link to a scan of such a "cheat sheet" which, IIRC, included the Qantas Club card.

If the cheat-sheet now used by BA Agents no longer includes the QC card, then we can hardly blame a "bad agent" or exepect it won't happen again in future. ...
The OP specifically posted:
Originally Posted by reubee
Tried to access the BA lounge at Terminal 5 using my Qantas Club card but got refused, the door nazi had a laminated card which said Qantas Club didn't get you access. ...
To me it would generally make more sense for the door nazi to have a list of "inclusions" than it would to have a list of "exclusions".

Either things have changed without being publicised or there is a door agent retraining opportunity.

I really hope the OP follows this up with Qantas and reports back here on the results.

Last edited by serfty; Oct 12, 2011 at 6:09 pm
Old Oct 13, 2011, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC

If the cheat-sheet now used by BA Agents no longer includes the QC card, then we can hardly blame a "bad agent" or exepect it won't happen again in future.

Regards.

BD
All I can add to that is that one should remember that the QC and QF bronze cards look fairly similar.

Again, if I were a betting man, my money is on an agent having a bad day.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All I can add to that is that one should remember that the QC and QF bronze cards look fairly similar.

Again, if I were a betting man, my money is on an agent having a bad day.
AHA! I think you've pinned it!

Pick the QP card:

Old Oct 13, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by serfty
AHA! I think you've pinned it!

Pick the QP card:

perhaps Qantas should consider returning the QC cards to blue?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 3:57 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
That's going to cause problems - no way staff from another airline on the other side of the world is going to pick the difference.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by amaroo
That's going to cause problems - no way staff from another airline on the other side of the world is going to pick the difference.
I think even the BA lounge dragons would be able to differentiate bronze from blue....
Old Oct 13, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
I think even the BA lounge dragons would be able to differentiate bronze from blue....
You misunderstood, due to my poor FT post skills - I agree that the two cards in the photos are very hard to differentiate.

Changing the card colour is the way to go
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by serfty
I really hope the OP follows this up with Qantas and reports back here on the results.
I can't echo and reiterate this strongly enough.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 12:13 pm
Suspended

I wouldn't be so confident about that
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The lowest level of the BA Executive Club is blue, so that might cause more problems than it solves

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.