Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow - Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:22 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
I.m glad I have started winding back my QF/OW flights - DJ, EK and EY are now my favourites.

Dave
Old Oct 24, 2011, 11:24 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
This is a salutary reminder in relation to all sorts of QFF benefits. I am mindful that what I believe I have now with 'lifetime" QFF gold may not be the reality in a few years time. It is a shame that you have to apply a lawyer's analytical skills to what are essentially marketing documents.

This sort of development for QP members at T5 will just further weaken loyalty to QF.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:33 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
?..... I am mindful that what I believe I have now with 'lifetime" QFF gold may not be the reality in a few years time......
The is nothing in the QF FF rules that prevents QF from changing SG benefits and removing QP access. And if there is such a rule, it can be changed too....
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
This is a salutary reminder in relation to all sorts of QFF benefits. I am mindful that what I believe I have now with 'lifetime" QFF gold may not be the reality in a few years time. It is a shame that you have to apply a lawyer's analytical skills to what are essentially marketing documents.

This sort of development for QP members at T5 will just further weaken loyalty to QF.
Food for thought..... With less than a year to go, I do have to wonder whether it will be worth it.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:45 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by og
The is nothing in the QF FF rules that prevents QF from changing SG benefits and removing QP access. And if there is such a rule, it can be changed too....

Very true.

Just as there's nothing to stop QF from reducing the cost of QP membership as it reduces the availability of lounges or quality of product.

That QF continually deminishes QP value will - at some stage - become counter-productive to that annual revenue capability. For some that stage may have now been arrived at.

BD
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: QF WP and Lifetime Silver; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Of course, we shouldn't forget that this may not be a QFFF problem. We don't know who initiated any change, nor for what reasons.
I tried to enter the T5 lounge using my Qantas Club card on 9th October and was told it was the last day BA would allow it. When I asked why, the guy on the desk said that "Qantas doesn't want to pay for it anymore". He then went onto explain that "Qantas now only wants to pay for lounge access for its passengers flying on its own planes out of T3."

I am more than annoyed about this. I renewed my QC membership in September and specifically mentioned to the woman over the phone that i was doing a lot of travel on BA out of London in the coming months and that I wanted the card delivered quickly in order to be able to use the lounges. At no time did she say that the card would no longer be of use in London. Indeed, she said she would send it as fast as possible precisely so that i could use it.

This, together with the apparent halving of QF services out of London, will cause me to open a BA account and I can't see myself flying QF on my long-haul trips from London to Australia ever again. The prospect of lifetime Gold was the only thing keeping me flying QF, but this unannounced change has sent me over the edge. Vale Qantas.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
While this is not a QFF issue this is an absolutely pathetic move by QF.
I can believe that QF would be so short sighted in aggrevating its passengers from this move, judging by recent messages.
Why would a QP now want to fly QF to Europe contacting via LHR?
QF need to sort this out and either specifically have this on their QP T&C or even better announce this in an email under "Enhancing the Qantas Club Value".
Should someone want to send Red Roo an message via AFF, as he clearly does not look at this site too often.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thinking more, consider a UK/EU resident who travels BA return in 'traveller' across the Channel once or twice a month.

This would not be enough travel to earn sapphire. As there is no paid lounge access with BA (COS or Status only) they join QP via their "Uncle's" address in Adelaide.

Bingo, if galleries access was available they then have lounge access ex UK.

Maybe such was significantly affecting the QP bottom line?

Last edited by serfty; Oct 24, 2011 at 4:06 pm
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by serfty
Thinking more, consider a UK/EU resident who travels BA return in 'traveller' across the Channel once or twice a month.

This would not be enough travel to earn sapphire. As there is no paid lounge access with BA (COS or Status only) they join QP via their "Uncle's" address in Adelaide.

Really no different to what an US based pax can have, admittedly AA offers paid AC membership.
QF should be honest and upfront about BA Lounge access, it is disappearing due to a rebranding/upgrading exercise.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

This is how it always used to be, and you didn't (and don't) need an Australian address to join QP.

It wasn't have been taking advantage of either BA or QF, either, considering that you were paying QF and QF was paying BA when you visited. And QF got the halo effect - together with the knock-on effect (whenever travelling to QF territory) of the oneworld loyalty that all that BA flying was likely to engender.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:41 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
QC BA Lounge Access

This would appear to a retrograde step for QF AND BA

Since there appear to be only two or three "Terraces" lounges left in the UK , the QC T&C are left looking like a marketing con. Of course Qantas have not been obliged to tell you of any change, since they haven't changed the T&C, and it's BA who have remarketed the BA lounges. But it still gets my

It's a retrograde step for BA as well, as they will find us expats looking elsewhere for our European and UK/USA travel. Surely loss of flight revenue will hurt more than loss of lounge access revenue from Qantas.

And once the new BA/QF schedules to AUS post March 2012 hit, and you want to go via HKG or BKK (which will mean BA metal ex UK and QF metal ex Aus), this presumably means you can have lounge access as you depart Australia but not the UK.

I'd like to think this was all a dream ... and wasn't true.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: QFF
Is this just a Qantas Club issue, or does it effect QF Gold and Platium as well?

Though I guess that the SG/WP is covered under OW rules where as QP isn't.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Himeno
Is this just a Qantas Club issue, or does it effect QF Gold and Platium as well?

Though I guess that the SG/WP is covered under OW rules where as QP isn't.
It is a QP issue as you pointed out the OW benefits are for Gold and the various Platinums.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
As of now it looks like the only lounges in the UK accessible by Qantas Club members will be LHR T3 if departing on QF/BA ( as before) and Jersey, Newcastle and Manchester airports as these lounges are Terraces lounges as per the QF T&C's
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
About 20 minutes later I received a telephone call with further advice. To paraphrase:
  • QP membership based access to T5 Galleries has never been a benefit.
  • For those QP members that has been allowed access to T5 Galleries, they should not have been permitted entry.
  • This non access is now being enforced.
If this has always been the case, perhaps QF might like to explain why access was listed as a benefit back in 2010 when flying on BA out of T5 ....

9. Is airport lounge access available?
Lounge access is available to the following Qantas passengers:
- passengers travelling in business class
- passengers with an eligible oneworld status (in BA or oneworld carrier owned and
operated lounges)
- Qantas Club cardholders (in BA or oneworld carrier owned and operated lounges)

See Qantas and British Airways Codeshare Expansion FAQs.

Regards,

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.