Heathrow - Terminal 5

Reply

Old Mar 18, 12, 11:08 pm
  #406  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 38,752
Originally Posted by BD1959 View Post
Yes, thanks, LHR is now crystal clear.

What about other originating ports - would access be available at GLA if later transferring at LHR to QF?

Regards,

BD
It clearly states access is granted when connecting to such a flight
Dave Noble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 12, 2:40 am
  #407  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: QF, NZ, MH, Hilton
Posts: 71
Interestingly, the latest interpretation would still leave me getting rejected at the door of the T5 Galleries lounge just as it did back in October...

Qantas Club Members travelling between Australia and the UK on Qantas and British Airways codeshare services, or connecting to or from these services on British Airways can access the British Airways Terraces, Executive and Galleries Lounges. Access to the British Airways Lounge in New York is also available for Qantas Club Members travelling on the QF108. We are currently working with British Airways on the recent changes to their lounge access policy.
My routing was AKL-BNE-SIN - a few days working in SE Asia, then SIN-LHR - 2 days in in London, and then LHR-ORY for a weeks work in France. So strictly speaking when I tried to access the T5 Galleries flight before my flight to ORY, I failed the travelling between Australia and the UK test (even more so if I had caught JQ AKL-SIN), and I fail the connecting test.

The acid test should be if I am flying on a QF flight number, QF should make the same effort to accommodate Qantas Club members in a lounge as if they were Gold or on a Business fare. Problem being that BA doesn't share those same goals.
reubee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 12, 8:47 pm
  #408  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 194
Originally Posted by reubee View Post
Interestingly, the latest interpretation would still leave me getting rejected at the door of the T5 Galleries lounge just as it did back in October...



My routing was AKL-BNE-SIN - a few days working in SE Asia, then SIN-LHR - 2 days in in London, and then LHR-ORY for a weeks work in France. So strictly speaking when I tried to access the T5 Galleries flight before my flight to ORY, I failed the travelling between Australia and the UK test (even more so if I had caught JQ AKL-SIN), and I fail the connecting test.

The acid test should be if I am flying on a QF flight number, QF should make the same effort to accommodate Qantas Club members in a lounge as if they were Gold or on a Business fare. Problem being that BA doesn't share those same goals.
Hi reubee,

You've raised an important point. Is there a "statute of limitation" on the QF SIN/LHR sector that would allow you to "piggyback" your LHR/ORY sector for T5 Galleries access.
I believe Qantas needs to confirm;

1) The validity period of the boarding pass (presumably that is the evidence you present to the dragons at T5 Galleries to gain access) of a QF LHR bound flight; and

2) If the sectors that require transit/stopover/layover in LHR are required to be booked on 1 PNR (Presumably if you can present a reservation that shows a genuine stop over in LRH before continuing on a BA flight, that would constitute passing the test)

Qantas if you're reading this, please clarify. What are the exact conditions to be able to pass the test?
TheRealBabushka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 12, 10:34 pm
  #409  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 38,752
It is clearly stating the term "connecting" ; that in itself would limit it to a max of 24 hours. There is no mention of allowance for a stopover

Given that the only remaining flights soon will be late evening departures, even the question of "same day" will be almost moot
Dave Noble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 12, 2:14 am
  #410  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 194
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
It is clearly stating the term "connecting" ; that in itself would limit it to a max of 24 hours. There is no mention of allowance for a stopover

Given that the only remaining flights soon will be late evening departures, even the question of "same day" will be almost moot
Dave,
I think the point is to a lay person the matter is unclear. Some individuals may understand the term "connecting" to be within the definition which you have described. Perhaps Qantas could remove the ambiguity by strictly defining the term "connecting".
TheRealBabushka is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 12, 2:59 pm
  #411  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Programs: Qantas FF, Qantas Club
Posts: 1
No problems accessing LHR T5A Galleries Club Lounge

On 20 March 2012, I flew from LHR T5A to Dusseldorf, with BA, on a booking made through the BA website. In the past, I have always been granted access to the Galleries Club lounge at T5A (always used the large South Lounge), by showing my Qantas Club card (Silver) and my BA boarding pass. I experienced no problems with accessing the Galleries Club lounge at T5A last week - in fact, I received a warm welcome. On return trip, BA lounge in Dusseldorf is Terraces, so no problems there either.
rubinrot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 12, 12:28 am
  #412  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NSW
Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 669
Originally Posted by rubinrot View Post
On 20 March 2012, I flew from LHR T5A to Dusseldorf, with BA, on a booking made through the BA website. In the past, I have always been granted access to the Galleries Club lounge at T5A (always used the large South Lounge), by showing my Qantas Club card (Silver) and my BA boarding pass. I experienced no problems with accessing the Galleries Club lounge at T5A last week - in fact, I received a warm welcome. On return trip, BA lounge in Dusseldorf is Terraces, so no problems there either.
That's good news if your access is not associated with a long haul QF/BA ticket
Princess fiona is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread