Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Platinum One access to Flounge Spa booking? list

Old Aug 14, 2011, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP

Given the lack of updates from Qantas in the three months since Platinum One was first announced, I thought I should throw out my own request to Qantas (if they're reading...).

A tangible benefit for me would be to be able to make spa bookings in advance at the Sydney and Melbourne Flounges (when not travelling in First).

First class travellers could still have priority but it would at least give a P1 a shot at a booking - at the moment I have a roughly 50% success rate for walk up bookings.

Cheers
GDV
Old Aug 14, 2011, 11:57 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
I have given up on P1. I have shifted my international J long haul travel to Star. Now I am thinking about shifting some of my high value dom travel to VA, as what is the point of doing more than 1200SC a year (I am already LT Gold and my wife gets free QC membership)? I will still do around 3000 SC again this year even after sending 3 US trips in J to the Stars.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 1:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nonce
I have given up on P1.
I know what you mean. What is the point in Qantas announcing in mid-May that they will "soon introduce extra benefits" and then we hear nothing else for more than three months...
Old Aug 15, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: QF Platinum / LTS, Air NZ Gold Elite, Velocity Silver, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nonce
I have given up on P1. I have shifted my international J long haul travel to Star. Now I am thinking about shifting some of my high value dom travel to VA, as what is the point of doing more than 1200SC a year (I am already LT Gold and my wife gets free QC membership)? I will still do around 3000 SC again this year even after sending 3 US trips in J to the Stars.
In pretty much the same position. I'll qualify as WP next week. (one more TT sector). My AirNZ anniversary has just rolled over with 3500 SP's being earnt in the last 12 months. With the same amount of travel planned for the next 12 months, I don't really see much benefit in pushing more than WP requal SC's to QF unless P1 has something really startling to offer.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I would have expected WP1 announcements to be in line with the long ago referred date of 24th August.

Last edited by serfty; Aug 21, 2011 at 9:14 pm Reason: Q4
Old Aug 15, 2011, 4:43 pm
Original Poster

There may even be news today (16 Aug) given the New Spirit announcement.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...irit/global/en
Old Aug 21, 2011, 9:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
They have said all along that the P1 benefits would be announced in Q4.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simongr
They have said all along that the P1 benefits would be announced in Q4.
The 17th May press release states that P1 would be introduced from Q4. I had expected that they would announce the changes in advance of that introduction but it seems not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.