PE seat opinion - A380

Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF P1 LTG, lots of others
PE seat opinion - A380

Hi all,

I'm flying PE on the A380 SIN-MEL (7h15m). I've selected 38K (still have the option of 38J)

It's got miles of leg room.

Is it worth requesting an ugrade to business for points? 25k off memory. I have lounge access in Sing so that's not really an issue.

The 38K seat seems great - a whole row's worth of leg room.

(this is not my seat selection!)

Seats are in the back left of the photo

Last edited by funkyr; Jul 28, 2011 at 7:02 am
Old Jul 28, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
I think this depends on how much you value sleep, and how easy you find it to sleep on planes

It's a short flight, so not much opportunity to sleep for much more than 3-4 hours (maybe 6 if you skip dinner), however it is much easier to sleep in a J seat vs a PE seat. the PE seats don't recline that much.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Seat 38K do get a little bit cooler, some noise as well, due to the proximity of the door.
If you think that you can get a bit of sleep on this flight, then I would put in an upgrade request.
IMO the PE seat is perfectly adequate for non-sleep sectors and I would not burn points to upgrade to J.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: QF WP
You can only take a max of 3 hours sleep in this flight if you take catering, and may be about 5 hours if all catering is refused. To me, it sounds like a poor burn ratio given the time that is available.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE), VA Plat, HH DMD, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by funkyr
The 38K seat seems great - a whole row's worth of leg room.
Leg room (and a view of my legs):
http://go.shaun.net/qdukg

It's my favourite seat in the cabin - I've had it a few times now. I'd personally save the points for another day.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:12 am

Programs: QF WP, QF LTG, PC Plat, FlyingBlue
I find sleeping in the PE seats difficult - I always tend to slide down. If you want a good nights sleep J is the way to go. Personally I would save the points for a longer flight.

Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward
I think this depends on how much you value sleep, and how easy you find it to sleep on planes

It's a short flight, so not much opportunity to sleep for much more than 3-4 hours (maybe 6 if you skip dinner), however it is much easier to sleep in a J seat vs a PE seat. the PE seats don't recline that much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.