Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747 reconfiguration update

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:38 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Regarding the reconfiguration, according to the media release the reconfiguration will happen over 12 months.

I know that I can book QF17 on 27 or 29 February and snag a Skybed downstrairs. Are there any thoughts as to whether this is still likely on those dates, or should I assume that I'll get a Y+ seat?
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
A KVS or ExpertFlyer subscription will enable you to preview seat maps.

Other than that the configuration is subject to change - but Qantas do like to stay consistant.

Downstairs 2x4x2 is PE seating; 2x3x2 are Skybeds.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:43 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I checked ExpertFlyer for the dates in Question which shows Skybed configuration. Was just asking more generally whether the 744 on EZE would be one of the first or last to be reconfigured?
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:02 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Going to USA with Mrs Lime in J mid next year will all the Q 747 seats be upgraded to flat beds by then?.
Old Sep 9, 2011, 1:14 am

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
I would say unlikely that all 9 aircraft will be upgraded by then. I think it will take QF at least a year, at 6 weeks an aircraft (as reported in SMH and others) that is 54 weeks all going well to do the 6 ER plus 3x non ER aircraft which are staying. For flat bed you should look towards VA or DL.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:18 am
Original Poster

So looking at the seat map I have it would appear that the first row after the doors in business class on the main deck (assuming row 4) have individual seats on the sides.

It looks a little like this

FRONT
EXIT EXIT
-* *** *-
EXIT TOILETS EXIT

There appears to be what could be bench space between the window and the seat (but not sure what it will look like, so it may not be any storage space)
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eoinnz
So looking at the seat map I have it would appear that the first row after the doors in business class on the main deck (assuming row 4) have individual seats on the sides.

It looks a little like this

Code:
   FRNT
XT     XT
-* *** *-
XT TLT XT
There appears to be what could be bench space between the window and the seat (but not sure what it will look like, so it may not be any storage space)
Thanks for that; interesting to have single skybed - maybe a side bassinet?
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA Silver - QF Lifetime Silver
There is a refurbished 747 seat map at: http://www.theqantassource.com/rumours.html
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

That seat map is pretty accurate but a few things that are incorrect.

There is no bulk head in the business class cabin. Also the toilets are not located there (at doors 1), they are behind business class.

There is an A380 style self service bar after the last row of economy too.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:23 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Why take out the F seats and replace them with the same number of J seats ? I don't get it
Old Sep 14, 2011, 10:44 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by ozzie
Why take out the F seats and replace them with the same number of J seats ? I don't get it
To provide a consistent hard product throughout the aircraft - since F won't be offered, by changing the seats, all passengers travelling J get the same type of seat.

Dave
Old Sep 14, 2011, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ozzie
Very simple - the Skybed MkII has an 80" pitch - the same as the 744 First Class seat.

With the additional width more simply will not fit into zone 8.

Note the 3 class (old 2 class) 744 (56J/40W/275Y) have 18 Skybed MkI in zone A.

I would be very confident that, if Qantas could have squeezed more in, they would have.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by thadocta
To provide a consistent hard product throughout the aircraft ...
And, presumably, simultaneously to remove the complexity that would result from having 14 seats of a different kind, perceived to be better!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 5:20 am

With the row with the single J Seats so 1 3 1 why wouldn't Qantas make it 2-2-2 and get rid of everyone's favourite middle seats seems rather silly? and then reduce the number of seats by 3 and have no middle seats?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bassinets possible, however, to quote my previos post here:

I would be very confident that, if Qantas could have squeezed more in, they would have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.