Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Involuntary Schedule Changes - What Can I Get?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AC*G

My TA has just rung to advise that QF has cancelled QF87 SYD HKG on the date my parents are flying. This is part of a broader itinerary and they will be having a 4 day stopover in HKG after the flight. The TA is advising that QF has protected them onto QF 127 requiring them to pay for another night's accomodation in HKG.

Does anyone with experience in this know if there is any chance of getting QF to protect onto a night flight with CX or getting them to pay for the extra night's accomodation? My personal view is that QF's change is unacceptable and we should be in the driver's seat for changes. I know that when UA changed a flight time on a recent award booking, I had complete discretion to change routes and airlines to get something better than what I originally had.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 19, 2011, 2:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I doubt that they will pay for accommodation based on now having a hotel night ; they will be flexible on making a change to a date that is conveniant or, if no travel yet flown, offer a refund and can book elsewhere
Old May 19, 2011, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I doubt that they will pay for accommodation based on now having a hotel night ; they will be flexible on making a change to a date that is conveniant or, if no travel yet flown, offer a refund and can book elsewhere

Cheers, I've had a look at the schedules out of other ports and will push to get them rerouted CBR-MEL-HKG on QF29.
Old May 19, 2011, 8:37 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Some airlines do routinely include hotel overnight for inconvenient connections as part of the airfare; JL for example did this so much that they wound up buying several hotels at NRT, and LH includes a hotel room at FRA for any connection over 6 hours for a paid F ticket. But switching between day/night flights on the same day of travel generally doesn't trigger automatic hotel provision, particularly at the destination (few airlines would do that). QF29 is the best solution and is actually a nicer flight as well as a nicer airport.
Old May 23, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: QF WP LTG PC+,OW Emerald
I agree QF29 is a nicer passage overall and is not a bad solution (with out checking out the detail). I have had QF offer me a CX flight when they could no longer provide a skybed due to 767 being used.

But this is one of the times I felt valued by QF and do not think it would happen as the norm - especially as they have so many flights of theit own HKG to Australia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.