FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1216252-upcoming-qantas-frequent-flyer-changes.html)

Dave Noble Jul 5, 2011 5:40 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 16673015)
I have every right to express my opinion, as do you.

As does Qantas to express their opinions or not, as they choose

AnonymousCoward Jul 5, 2011 6:18 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 16673015)
If you're going to engage in social media, than do it properly. It's not a science,

If there is no science behind it, then "properly" is entirely a subjective term. What you *want* from the rep is not necessarily what QANTAS want to provide.

And what you are providing, in terms of your comments, might not be what they want to read. But they aren't complaining, or calling you pathetic.

I have every right to express my opinion, as do you.
There are ways, and means, of expressing one's opinion. Calling Red Roo's efforts "pathetic" because they don't accord to your subjective viewpoint of what they should do is, well, unnecessarily inflammatory.

VH-RMD Jul 5, 2011 7:34 am

Qantas have no intention of engaging, their intention is to promote, market and sell. They don't want a conversation...

Awesom Andy Jul 5, 2011 8:52 am

By definition, marketing is the process of determining the needs/wants of the customers, and then bringing the products/services to satisfy these needs/wants. If the company does not engage the customers at all, it certainly makes the job all that more difficult.

Anyway, it looks like this thread has now run its course, with the increasing number of OT posts (such as this one)...

Cedar Jet Jul 5, 2011 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward (Post 16673263)
If there is no science behind it, then "properly" is entirely a subjective term. What you *want* from the rep is not necessarily what QANTAS want to provide.

And what you are providing, in terms of your comments, might not be what they want to read. But they aren't complaining, or calling you pathetic.

There are ways, and means, of expressing one's opinion. Calling Red Roo's efforts "pathetic" because they don't accord to your subjective viewpoint of what they should do is, well, unnecessarily inflammatory.

My comment was hardly subjective. Factually Plats got ZERO in the rehashed QFFF programe--how is that subjective?

David, Red Roo has decided to engage in the first instance asking after our comments and opinions. Thus it was at Red Roo's inviation we comment. I am commenting and that comment is that im quite dissatisfied, in that light I'm not sure about the logic behind your responses to Mohammed and I.

We are QF PAYING and LOYAL customers I dont think I am being unreasonable directing a very reasonable opinion and invitation to respond to my greivence. This is a forum being used exactly for what its intended.

Qantas/Red Roo has avoided commenting on QFFF Plats dissatisfaction to date.
Now lets see if Qantas/Red Roo has the gonads to reply!
CJ

Dave Noble Jul 5, 2011 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet (Post 16677537)
My comment was hardly subjective. Factually Plats got ZERO in the rehashed QFFF programe--how is that subjective?

Factually, nothing has been taken away from Platinum members and factually Qantas are going to initiate a Platinum One membership for those with extensive travel

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
David, Red Roo has decided to engage in the first instance asking after our comments and opinions. Thus it was at Red Roo's inviation we comment. I am commenting and that comment is that im quite dissatisfied, in that light I'm not sure about the logic behind your responses to Mohammed and I.

They have chosen to provide some engagement in this forum. That some schemes decide to have a larger engagement in their respective communities is pretty much irrelevent. If They chose to withdraw entirely from FT rather than have a limited engagement , they may do so. There is no right to having someone from QF here

We are QF PAYING and LOYAL customers I dont think I am being unreasonable directing a very reasonable opinion and invitation to respond to my greivence. This is a forum being used exactly for what its intended.

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Qantas/Red Roo has avoided commenting on QFFF Plats dissatisfaction to date.
Now lets see if Qantas/Red Roo has the gonads to reply!
CJ

As a Platinum member , I have a trouble seeing what there is to be dissatisfied with with the current changes rather than sulking that others have gained something; Platinum members have lost nothing but some will gain with Platinum One

perhaps Qf will just withdraw entirely if going to be subjected to such insults; that would be a real gain wouldnt it :S

Platinum A332 Jul 5, 2011 11:36 pm

I for one would like to personally congratulate Red Roo on his/her activity in this forum. When I had a question regarding PG, Red Roo got someone from Qantas to call directly - so definitely ^^ for that!

While criticism of Qantas might be warranted sometime, I feel criticizing Red Roo is unfair.

AnonymousCoward Jul 6, 2011 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet (Post 16677537)
My comment was hardly subjective.

I wasn't replying to your post. Ergo I wasn't calling your contention subjective. Nor has anyone else here. So I'm not sure what your point is.

Cedar Jet Jul 6, 2011 8:07 pm

All tiers got something except plats, period. I'd like an explanation as to why it was not deemed good enough for QF's most loyal contingent to get something too. Plat 1 is out of reach for a substantial number of current Plats=we got nothing.

Never said we lost anything.

QF/Red Roo, over to you:confused:

Kremmen Jul 6, 2011 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet (Post 16683867)
All tiers got something except plats, period. I'd like an explanation as to why it was not deemed good enough for QF's most loyal contingent to get something too.

I would think it obvious. Increased benefits are to retain customers or woo them from competitors. If you are a plat with QF and haven't already jumped ship to a scheme with vastly better value (e.g. AA), then it's highly likely you'll stay anyhow, so why give you anything extra?

(However, there's no way in the world you should expect a company representative to ever admit to this.)

tycosiao Jul 17, 2011 10:25 am

Tried signing up for Qantas FF online but server rejected it saying it is temporarily down.

But it was temporarily down for 3 days now.

:td:

tycosiao Jul 18, 2011 10:21 pm

Do they (Qantas FF) ever reply emails?

if they do, how long do they take to respond?

og Jul 18, 2011 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by tycosiao (Post 16753819)
Do they (Qantas FF) ever reply emails?

if they do, how long do they take to respond?

I've consistently had replies in under 72 hrs (as WP) - usually a phone call to me. But I suspect non status means non reply (or highly unlikely). But I did use the web section where you identify your FF number so (no doubt) they can prioritise handling of the enquiry.

Taipei High Aug 11, 2011 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 16677839)
Factually, nothing has been taken away from Platinum members and factually Qantas are going to initiate a Platinum One membership for those with extensive travel

They have chosen to provide some engagement in this forum. That some schemes decide to have a larger engagement in their respective communities is pretty much irrelevent. If They chose to withdraw entirely from FT rather than have a limited engagement , they may do so. There is no right to having someone from QF here

What Red Roo has posted is marketing material, akin to an advertising campaign. If he is not going to be challenged on what he posts, then I don't even see the need for him to be on the forum.

As a Platinum member , I have a trouble seeing what there is to be dissatisfied with with the current changes rather than sulking that others have gained something; Platinum members have lost nothing but some will gain with Platinum One

perhaps Qf will just withdraw entirely if going to be subjected to such insults; that would be a real gain wouldnt it :S

I think Ceder Jet is absolutely right and I don't see any insults in his post. If Red Roo is going to post PR speak with little substance, then he needs to be prepared to be challenged. Go back to his initial post and I quote :

"Since we sought feedback from you late last year, many areas of the Qantas Group have been investigating a number of initiatives to improve our frequent flyer program, with a focus on those who fly with us...These changes are specifically designed to reward our truly Frequent Flyers."

I am Qantas Platinum and I see no "changes specifically designed to reward our truly Frequent Flyers (or is that not Plats??)". Based on the guess work on status credits in this forum, I am also close enough to qualify for Plat One and have received no communication on what the perks would be.

Yet, I am going to see First Class lounges fill up even more than they already are and First Class baggage handling will presumably become even more hit and miss, as more of the less frequent flyers are promoted up without flying the miles I have.

To claim that these changes are therefore focusing on those who fly the most is just not true. Its a marketing exercise, period. With the result of diluting current Plat status!! For Red Roo to now sulk and not reply to posts is in my opinion not very professional and I continue to wait what Qantas will do for its truly frequent fliers. They have had enough months to figure this out since this initiative was posted. Red Roo, any news??

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Sep 1, 2011 6:41 pm

There has been some comment here on FT (and a lot over on AFF) about whether platinum benefits were reduced in the last round of announced changes.

Thinking about it more I am now coming to the opinion that there has been a devaluation in benefits, both for platinums and bronze members.

This goes back to the issue of earn and burn rates, and in particular the payment of fuel surcharges for award seats.

When we earn points, we are now paying a significant increase over the cost of the base fare in so called fuel surcharges. We are in effect paying extra to earn the same amount of points.

When it comes to redeeming those points, my view is that fuel surcharges should not be payable otherwise we are being penalised twice: we have had to pay extra to get the points, then when we come to redeem, those points should be worth more, and therefore the award ticket should already reflect that we have paid for a 'free seat' with the fuel surcharge already included (and not payable again!).

The recent round of changes increasing status earning kind of reflects the extra fuel surcharges we are paying. We can pay 25% extra on a ticket in many cases 9for international)... and now silvers and golds are receiving an extra 25% mileage bonus.

For us, redeeming an award should either now be 25% more expensive, OR, we pay the fuel surcharge. We have been placed in a neutral situation.

Bronze and plats however were not so lucky. They pay the extra 25% in fuel, receive no extra miles, and then also have to pay the fuel surcharge on an award redemption.

So I think there has been a real reduction in benefits for those flyers...