Double SC Promo - wohoo!

Old May 12, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I assume that all eligble QF flights include Any Seat Awards, and have been looking for some interesting opportunities.
Old May 12, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
I got it too, which is ever so annoying... cos won't step on a QF bird until the end of July, but about 3 days after the offer ends I'll be flying QF about 15 times in three weeks ! And have not booked any of the flights yet, so they would all count if during the promo period. Aaahhh.

Isn't this just the way it always is?!?
Old May 12, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-GB) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.431 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

I got this, with four sectors booked just days prior to May 10. I guess I won't be making much/any use of the promotion.

Interesting as I had already received the "50 SCs for your next QF flight" promotion in March. Not going to make WP on this although if the announcement had come earlier it may have been feasible..
Old May 12, 2011, 10:22 pm

Programs: QF, Virgin Australia
Didn't receive this latest offer, though did get the double SC offer back in Dec/Jan. Anyone get both?
Old May 13, 2011, 1:34 am

Programs: QFF WP
Is there any point calling up the QFF desk and asking them if they'll apply the offer to my account ?

Anyone ever tried this ?
Old May 13, 2011, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by drsmithy
Is there any point calling up the QFF desk and asking them if they'll apply the offer to my account ?

Anyone ever tried this ?
Couldn't hurt to give it a shot, let us know how you go!

I was targeted for this promo a few years ago and unfortunately didn't get it this year.
Old May 13, 2011, 3:54 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by drsmithy

Anyone ever tried this ?
I tried it previously and was denied because they said it was targeted promotion.
Old May 13, 2011, 6:31 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
both I and Mrs VH-RMD got it, we have bookings in the system so probably will not benefit from it.

First time ever been sent a promo. Now if only it had been this time last year when I clocked up 2000 SC between May and July....
Old May 15, 2011, 7:26 am

Programs: QF WP, LTG
Been platinum for maybe six or seven years, and the first time I can remember been offered a double status points offer. Pleased to receive it too. Will have no problem achieving WP again this year, but PG may be a stretch. Also, only 500 SC from LTG so the little shove along helps. Never book more than a week out, so all good with the 'book & fly' criteria (I can confirm that you must book as well as fly in the period - didn't get any addition SC from my Friday flight).
Old May 16, 2011, 2:33 am

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
I tried it previously and was denied because they said it was targeted promotion.
Called and was denied, apparently because I received a similar double SC promo last year.

*sigh* Guess I'll just have to do a quick SC run to SJU before we leave after all.
Old May 17, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
I had an invitation for double SC last year, but not this year. Then again I am already well requalified platinum, but not for the proposed platinum one!
Old May 17, 2011, 2:27 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I was surprised and happy to get this offer on May 11.. and I'd just booked a D fare on May 10th so it was purrfect (those double SC's haven't yet posted since I flew on the weekend, but they did say it would take a week or so to post). Just one more flight and I'll fall over the line for Gold, which is a real bonus for me as I wasn't sure I'd make it and we all know the worth of making gold over retaining Silver is clear.

First double SC offer for me, and much appreciated! Thanks QF
Old May 17, 2011, 5:32 am

Programs: QF WP, LTG
Connection to Renewal Date?

As noted above, I got the offer (1st time ever) and my annual renewal date is 30th Nov; is there any connection to the latest program changes that seem to be centred on the 1st December I wonder?
Old May 17, 2011, 3:29 pm

deleted

Last edited by ThomasBne; Jun 28, 2019 at 5:39 am Reason: deleted
Old May 17, 2011, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
cancel and rebook ...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.