Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection with kids in Y SYD to DFW? Yes or No

Old Apr 1, 2011, 4:38 am
Original Poster

We're flying Y in Sept SYD - DFW - MCO and return. 3A, 2C. Qantas are allowing seat selection now for $20 each. We have no status (DH and I are Bronze Qantas Club only, rest Bronze FF.)

Given the flights are going to be half full or so due to payload is it even worth selecting seats, or should we just wait. Expert Flyer is showing different availability to Qantas for seat selection.

Will not selecting seats mean there would be a possibility that the two kids could be apart from us adults in the plane if we don't make a selection? I'm more worried about this than location.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
How old are the kids? Will you all be on the same booking reference?
I stress that I do not know for certain, but I strongly doubt that you would be split from the kids. At the worst, you may be seperated with one adult with one child, the other with another and a single adult on their own. Even in this situation you could speak with the crew to see if people are willing to swap.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 2:26 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Just phone QF and explain. You might be put in a block of seats together (at QF's choice) rather than choosing yourself and incurring the seating charge. Best to sort this before seating gets busy.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks both - my eldest will be 9, but she needs assistance to eat.

I rang Qantas and Joe/Joel told me we would be blocked together and not separated. Explained the situation. I don't particularly care where we are on the plane, the options are all pretty much the same anyway.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kylie
Thanks both - my eldest will be 9, but she needs assistance to eat.

I rang Qantas and Joe/Joel told me we would be blocked together and not separated. Explained the situation.
^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.