Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Issues with "Upgrade With Points" option using kiosk?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF QP NB, PC Plat. Amb, SPG Gold

Just seeing if anyone else has had issues with the "Upgrade With Points" option when checking in using the kiosks? The past two weeks I've tried a couple of times and both times it seems to get half way through the process and then falls over in a screaming heap, popping up a "Go to the service desk" message.

Both times I've ended up going up to the Qantas Club, which seems to require them to type up a short novel each time to get it resolved. Even then, on one of the occasions the points were debited twice for the same upgraded (now since refunded after submitting an issue).

So am I the only one experiencing these problems or is it a more widespread issue? It looks like the easier path to take in future is to just worry about it all up in the lounge and forget about the kiosk for the upgrade.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:58 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
What is a Kiosk?

Never used a check-in Kiosk in my life but it doesn't surprise me that it's not working. Just go to the QP and skip the try at the Kiosk.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:42 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Yup the Kiosk is unable to reliably clear ODU, this is either a misc issue or a catering not assured issue. QF lounge staff have asked for the function to be disabled on the Kiosk but it hasn't happened yet. Has been an issue now for around 9 months.

Even the lounge staff have told me not to use the machine but to just go straight to them.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 10:53 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
UA kiosks are a PITA. The check-in humans tell me to first use the kiosk, the kiosk then asks for a Passport scan and PNR then send me back to the same human that told me to use the machine. Most frustrating. Their machines think everyone is American and can't cope when someone isn't.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:16 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
What is a Kiosk?

Never used a check-in Kiosk in my life but it doesn't surprise me that it's not working. Just go to the QP and skip the try at the Kiosk.
they are the daleks lined up downstairs and outside the QP...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.