Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

My Qantas 4.5K Miles Expire -thoughts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Hi! I traveled to Australia a couple of times and took Qantas Airlines a handfull of times- I accumulated 4,500 frequent flyer miles, which will expire shortly on 2/28/11.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do with these miles? Would anyone like to trade them - if yes, send me a PM.

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 1:43 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
QFF points are worth about 1 cent/point at best, often less (e.g. QFF redemption of $25 bandit.fm voucher costs 4,000 points, for example). You could go to the QFF store to see what your 4500 points will buy.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by number_6
QFF points are worth about 1 cent/point at best, often less (e.g. QFF redemption of $25 bandit.fm voucher costs 4,000 points, for example). You could go to the QFF store to see what your 4500 points will buy.
That is certainly true if you use them for domestic flights.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 3:08 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
At its best, 8000 points will "buy" a domestic ticket that usually costs ~ $400, but these are very rare.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your thoughts- I looked at what the points would buy, and didn't see anything actually. And, since I live in the US- and don't plan on traveling to Australia again in the near future a domestic ticket doesn't make sense...and I couldn't have anything shipped to the US either it seems.

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 4:43 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
You can buy that $25 bandit.fm voucher, it is electronic and you download the music, so can be done anywhere in the world (unlike most of the items which require shipping to Aust/NZ address). Or you can credit AA etc. flights to QFF to build up more points, or US car rentals (1 day rental earns 700 QFF points, which can be an excellent deal as well as keeping your QFF account alive).
Old Jan 19, 2011, 5:05 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by number_6
..., or US car rentals (1 day rental earns 700 QFF points, which can be an excellent deal as well as keeping your QFF account alive).
Not always. AVIS at ANC will not credit to QF no matter how hard you try to argue.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by firefly1
Hi! I traveled to Australia a couple of times and took Qantas Airlines a handfull of times- I accumulated 4,500 frequent flyer miles, which will expire shortly on 2/28/11.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do with these miles? Would anyone like to trade them - if yes, send me a PM.

Thanks!
Do you have any relatives with QF accounts? If so transfer the points to them.

Uncle Peter
Old Jan 20, 2011, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Do you have any relatives with QF accounts? If so transfer the points to them.

Uncle Peter
There is a 5000 point minimum required to transfer them so the OP is out of luck here unfortunately

Originally Posted by firefly1

Thanks!

Trading points is extremely verboten, both by QF and this forums rules too btw

Last edited by drewbles; Jan 20, 2011 at 9:58 pm
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by drewbles
There is a 5000 point minimum required to transfer them so the OP is out of luck here unfortunately

Trading points is extremely verboten, both by QF and this forums rules too btw
I was not soliciting nor suggesting a trade.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
I was not soliciting nor suggesting a trade.
Not you, the OP offered a trade (I know you would never suggest such a thing).

Edited original post to reflect what I meant (big gap between brain and keyboard today!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.