Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF lounge access for Aeropelican flights?

QF lounge access for Aeropelican flights?

Old Jan 10, 11, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Question QF lounge access for Aeropelican flights?

I recently booked a flight with Aeropelican for the first time in a while, and discovered that they are now a Qantas "affiliate airline" and offer QFF points on some fares. Does this mean I can now use the QF lounge when departing from Sydney on Aeropelican? The QF web page doesn't make this clear, so I'd be grateful if anyone out there knows the answer. Thanks!
Old Jan 10, 11, 5:36 am
Hvr

Programs: QC WP/OWE, LTG:
Assuming you have access through QP or status you should be able to.

I fly Brindabella a bit for work and have no problems getting access with my current status.
Old Jan 10, 11, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

That's good news - thanks!
Old Jan 10, 11, 5:01 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by ella View Post
That's good news - thanks!
Originally Posted by Hvr View Post
Assuming you have access through QP or status you should be able to.

I fly Brindabella a bit for work and have no problems getting access with my current status.
To be clear and a word of caution to ella. I think Hvr access was due to Platinum "Anytime Access", which changes after February 2011, rather than flying Brindabella and using normal Qantas Club or Qantas Gold access.
Old Jan 10, 11, 11:56 pm
Hvr

Programs: QC WP/OWE, LTG:
Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
To be clear and a word of caution to ella. I think Hvr access was due to Platinum "Anytime Access", which changes after February 2011, rather than flying Brindabella and using normal Qantas Club or Qantas Gold access.

A good point and worth my clarifying that I also got access without problem when I was a Qantas Gold level.
Old Jan 11, 11, 3:22 am

Programs: a3G qf(nb) va
In July 2010 Mrs SLF and I (both QP NB) were refused entry to the QP before flying aeropelican SYD-NTL.

(we had arrived from CHC in economy - I partly remember a suggestion that if we had an international business sector that day we would have had access)
Old Feb 14, 13, 2:28 pm

Brisbane QC said no to Aeropelican but yes to Brindabella to me this morning. As you can't check in for Aeropelican and you can for Brindabella at a Qantas desk I'd say they are still running the companies separate.
Old Feb 14, 13, 9:16 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Gold, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Povo, Golden Circle Povo
Never a problem accessing T2 QF Pub on the Aeroduck SYD-NTL route, as a WP or LTG.
Old Feb 15, 13, 8:19 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by shillard View Post
Never a problem accessing T2 QF Pub on the Aeroduck SYD-NTL route, as a WP or LTG.
Shrek was initially knocked back at the T2 QP last year on the exact same flight. Had to argue his way in as a WP connecting from a QF flight. I have only used the lounge connecting in similar circumstances.
Will all be a moot point I suppose when all the QF flights shift to T3 and the T2 QP will serve no purpose.
Old Feb 17, 13, 6:20 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Gold, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Povo, Golden Circle Povo
Originally Posted by Princess fiona View Post
Shrek was initially knocked back at the T2 QP last year on the exact same flight. Had to argue his way in as a WP connecting from a QF flight. I have only used the lounge connecting in similar circumstances.
Will all be a moot point I suppose when all the QF flights shift to T3 and the T2 QP will serve no purpose.

I suppose I have the advantage of being pretty well known to the lounge staff (including the barman who has been there since QF took over that lounge!). I used to spend an hour or so there 3-4 times a week, for months back in the good old days of QF1647 and QF 1648......
Old Feb 17, 13, 6:32 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge 2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by sharon23 View Post
Brisbane QC said no to Aeropelican but yes to Brindabella to me this morning. As you can't check in for Aeropelican and you can for Brindabella at a Qantas desk I'd say they are still running the companies separate.
By the way, welcome to FT, and the friendly QF forum, sharon23!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: