Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adelaide Qantas Club

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2012, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Premier Executive, Continental Platinum, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum, Velocity Gold, Alaskan MPV Gold.
Adelaide Qantas Club

I'm sitting here in the Adelaide Qantas Club for a flight back to Sydney today. I'm a bit blow away here. I'm use to the United Club in the states. We do not get a nice full spread for breakfast on domestic flights, we do not get shower access or the use of imacs in the domestic clubs (come to think of it we don't get that in the international clubs either). We're lucky to get brewed coffee and you guys get a barissta serving real coffee. We get 1/4 the space and they charge us $450 a year for the privilege to use the United Club.

You guys down under sure are lucky when it comes to your Qantas Clubs.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Those of us who have experienced what passes for air travel in the US.....know and appreciate it!
Old Nov 22, 2012, 7:59 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by ckc123
I'm sitting here in the Adelaide Qantas Club for a flight back to Sydney today. I'm a bit blow away here. I'm use to the United Club in the states. We do not get a nice full spread for breakfast on domestic flights, we do not get shower access or the use of imacs in the domestic clubs (come to think of it we don't get that in the international clubs either). We're lucky to get brewed coffee and you guys get a barissta serving real coffee. We get 1/4 the space and they charge us $450 a year for the privilege to use the United Club.

I'm glad that you enjoy the experience. But please don't put it down to luck. We just wouldn't tolerate the standards that people put up with in lounges in the US.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ckc123
I'm glad that you are enjoying the Adelaide Qantas Club. I'm there every week and I have to say that it's one of the best in the network, much better than Sydney or Melbourne. That may have something to do with the fact that it was refurbished recently and is actually a combined Qantas Club and Business Class lounge.

I'd say that you guys are unlucky rather than Australia being lucky. Many other countries have better lounges on domestic flights than the US.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 8:33 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
+1 for the ADL Qantas Club, the best in Australia.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by harryhv
+1 for the ADL Qantas Club, the best in Australia.
Agreed, the Coopers Pale Ale on tap is the clincher.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:22 am

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
It also doubles as the INTL lounge for QP at ADL...
Old Nov 23, 2012, 4:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by david870mdg
It also doubles as the INTL lounge for QP at ADL...
Do Qantas fly internationally from Adelaide?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 5:14 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by matthandy
Do Qantas fly internationally from Adelaide?
QF81 ADL-SIN several days per week
Old Nov 23, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by og
QF81 ADL-SIN several days per week
Three days per week to be exact.

Do CX and EK use the QF lounge in ADL?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Yes CX uses the lounge. So does NZ and MH!
Have not seen any EK lounge at ADL. With the impending QF-EK codesharing I would assume that EK is using the QF Club as well.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 9:36 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The worst QP has RCC beat by a mile. As stated the ADL club is better than most QP locations but the QF domestic J lounges are even better (upgraded food and wine -- small differences such as 2 desserts instead of 1, and of a higher quality). QP is also by membership (similar price to RCC) so the difference is profit model with UA being a bit greedier.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 9:43 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by number_6
The worst QP has RCC beat by a mile. As stated the ADL club is better than most QP locations but the QF domestic J lounges are even better (upgraded food and wine -- small differences such as 2 desserts instead of 1, and of a higher quality). QP is also by membership (similar price to RCC) so the difference is profit model with UA being a bit greedier.
Recently, the SFO RCC (International) was so dire, it was almost empty (in the hours up to the SFO-SYD flight). Minimal snacks (OK though if you only like carrot, pretzels and cheese) and a barman who neglects to come anywhere near you unless you wave a $ bill in the air (and leave it there afterwards). Plenty of seats though. Marching around the terminal was a better way to kill time than "enjoying the RCC". Oh, and a stroppy gate agent set the scene for a lovely 2 hr delay to the flight.

Pleeeeze QF, come back to SFO!
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: VAG
Originally Posted by og
Recently, the SFO RCC (International) was so dire, it was almost empty (in the hours up to the SFO-SYD flight). Minimal snacks (OK though if you only like carrot, pretzels and cheese) and a barman who neglects to come anywhere near you unless you wave a $ bill in the air (and leave it there afterwards). Plenty of seats though. Marching around the terminal was a better way to kill time than "enjoying the RCC". Oh, and a stroppy gate agent set the scene for a lovely 2 hr delay to the flight.

Pleeeeze QF, come back to SFO!
Heh. I left QF when QF left SFO, but now I'm moving back to MEL so I guess I'm moving back to QF. I recently went to the QF clubs in SYD and MEL for the first time in... ooh, about sixteen years... and I was shocked by how good they were. So much space! So much food! So much reasonable-quality booze (though last time I was in a Qantas Club I wasn't actually old enough to drink...) All these things were great not just by UA club standards, but by the standards of many international star alliance lounges from non-crap airlines.

And then I got on a plane, the supposedly "old and tatty" 763s which look positively shiny by UA standards, and got more booze and an actual hot meal! (which I didn't eat because I'd put together a full meal at the Qantas Club, but it was a nice thought)

Australian domestic travel has actually improved in the seven years since I left Australia. This is probably no news to the rest of you, but I've been in America for so long that I'm just accustomed to things getting worse and worse every year.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 2:57 pm
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Dont tell the South Australians a Victorian said this, but I actually think the ADL airport is the best airport in the country and I would agree that the Qantas Club there is a cracker.

I'm about to relocate to the US and I know I will be doing a lot of domestic US travel. I'm losing the will to live just thinking about it...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.