Wiki Posts
Search

Call centre service fee waiver

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Call centre service fee waiver

Hi all,

Have to change a W booking SYD-FRA from a date in JUN13 to JUL13 but am unable to do it on the internet due to the first legs already having been flown. The change fee is 110 EUR but the QF call centre want an extra $80AUD for the privilege of doing so. Does anyone have an idea as to whether I've got any chance of having the $80 waived and how I would should approach this?

Cheers!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 9:54 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The last time I had this situation a few months ago (unable to make the flight change online and calling QF), the call centre fee was never charged to my credit card even though the agent duly informed me of the fee -- only the airfare difference was charged. Not sure if this is an automatic waiver (I didn't ask for it) or if it is status based (QF used to waive lots of fees for WPs, not so much any more, at least officially).
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:18 am

Programs: QF SG
In a similar situation, I couldn't get mine waved as a platinum which I thought was silly if it can't be done online.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:22 am
Original Poster

It ended up costing me $213 AUD all up which included a 110 EUR change fee and the $80 service fee :S
Old Nov 28, 2012, 4:19 am

I know that in Thailand at least, the local service fee is waived for silver status and above. Normally THB1800 - about $60.

Assuming you booked ex Germany I would have thought the fee should have been only EUR40 as per the posted schedule:

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...-of-fees/de/en
Fees for making changes to Bookings*

The following fees apply when you change your booking through Qantas Contact Centres, Qantas Travel outlets and Qantas Airport locations. These are fees for consultant assisted bookings and do not apply for making changes to bookings online at qantas.com.
Note: However, to change a booking via any method, a change fee may apply depending on the fare type purchased. You may also have to pay any difference between the fare for your new booking and the original fare. Refer to the applicable fare rules for details.

Bookings in Germany
Fee - per passenger per booking*
Germany - International
EUR 40

Last edited by DH188; Nov 28, 2012 at 4:21 am Reason: Added url

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.