Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New domestic A330-200 EBO

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2011, 7:19 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by moa999

Notwithstanding I do encourage all reps to be as integrated and social as possible.
Perhaps this is a more eloquent version of my point. For this to be the first post in months by RedRoo irritates me. We have contributed immensely at RedRoo's request, only to have a fairly one way dialogue, afterall RedRoo has a total of 18 posts.

I would take it as a lesson on how not to treat your most loyal, and elite customers.
Old May 7, 2011, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Perhaps this is a more eloquent version of my point. For this to be the first post in months by RedRoo irritates me. We have contributed immensely at RedRoo's request, only to have a fairly one way dialogue, afterall RedRoo has a total of 18 posts.

I would take it as a lesson on how not to treat your most loyal, and elite customers.
I have it on good authority that RR spends more time on AFF than here (look at their post count on both, 18 here and 59 on AFF). Perhaps QF believe that there's more value on AFF than here, which isn't true (they're both full of very frequent flyers even though there is a large crossover of members between the two).
Old May 7, 2011, 3:10 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
and some of us NEVER go to AFF...
Old May 7, 2011, 3:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by VH-RMD
and some of us NEVER go to AFF...
True , there are some of us that don't go to AFF and fortunately in the same vein, there are some from AFF that rarely/never come to FT
Old May 7, 2011, 3:59 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by og
Unfortunately, my (uninformed) perception of trans con flights was that the 2x3x2 had already gone to history and we were basking in the comfort of a 744 on the odd flight with a better 738 product. No mention in the slick advertising of the crappy cramped 332 J interior.
My thinking as well. For some reason the glossy advertisement made me think they they surely wouldn't be putting a plane like this on that route. The J configuartion can be used to ferry some people in high vis vests to some mining town in <enter place name here>.

Anyway, thanks Red Roo for the update and it is good to see that QF is taking feedback on board.
Old May 7, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Wow, talk about shooting the messenger. Thank you Red Roo for the update.

Regarding seat maps et al. My understanding is that the 2x3x2 seats are the same effective width as the 2x2x2 seats. Is this not the case?

Personally as someone's who has a travel policy which does not pay for J to PER but does pay for full fare Y, I would have been more than happy to have used points to upgrade to a middle J seat. What this actually does for QF is remove seats for sale, decreasing award availability and increasing yield. It also makes subbing aircraft easier.

Obviously for those who are employed by companies who pay for J trans con they don't mind paying a J rather than D fare and won't notice (but QF will).

However, read between the lines. The fact that QF is not replacing the seats means the aircraft are still destined for JQ. Does this mean that JQ won't be taking 787 first? Or does it mean that the domestic config 332 are only short term in the QF fleet and will be replaced by international config aircraft until QF 787 arrive? As Virgin get more 332 aircraft and equip the 737 fleet with J the domestic config 332, 767 and 737 aircraft look far less attractive.
Old May 8, 2011, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Personally I believe it's part of QF's response to the new VA ex EK 2x3x2 business class product with 77" pitch.
Old May 8, 2011, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

I noticed today that EBO has had the middle J seats blocked out by putting a table over them.
Old May 8, 2011, 2:05 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by nonce
When the messenger drops in, asks for feedback, gets a load of it, along with some questions (which are ignored), promises a two-way dialogue, and then disappears for a lengthy period, only to re-appear, the messenger deserves to have their credibility questioned, do they not?

Dave
Old May 8, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Then get grumpy with the board of QF as a collective who ultimately are responsible for QF's communications and disclosure policies not the poor individual who somehow has to strike a balance between what they can and cannot comment on while trying to embrace social media. Once you go through this board and see who and how many people contribute to it I would hardly describe it as representative. There are what perhaps at the most a dozen frequent contributors, many of whom I think are no longer actually top tier FF's but are holding onto the glory days of times past.
Old May 8, 2011, 6:15 pm

Then get grumpy with the board of QF as a collective who ultimately are responsible for QF's communications and disclosure policies not the poor individual who somehow has to strike a balance between what they can and cannot comment on while trying to embrace social media. Once you go through this board and see who and how many people contribute to it I would hardly describe it as representative. There are what perhaps at the most a dozen frequent contributors, many of whom I think are no longer actually top tier FF's but are holding onto the glory days of times past.
so??? They don't claim to be representative of the company...
Old May 8, 2011, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If you were still active on AFF you would realise "Red Roo" indeed is and has been verified as such on that site.

That facility is now available on FT (as of last week I believe) and I suggest to "Red Roo" they take said steps for FT as well.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-f...tives-456.html
Old May 8, 2011, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
If you were still active on AFF you would realise "Red Roo" indeed is and has been verified as such on that site.
not going to happen...

but I was not referring to RR, I was referring to the rest of the post.

Any posters can come and go as they please, but if someone comes on, alleging to be a rep of the company and wanting to engage then doing their damnedest NOT to engage, then they should not be surprised to be met with cynicism and derision when they do.
Old May 9, 2011, 12:22 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Agreed.

[mod hat]

Red Roo has noted they (ie not he/she ) is a representative of QF.

[/mod hat]
Old May 9, 2011, 1:03 am

not going to happen...

but I was not referring to RR, I was referring to the rest of the post.

Any posters can come and go as they please, but if someone comes on, alleging to be a rep of the company and wanting to engage then doing their damnedest NOT to engage, then they should not be surprised to be met with cynicism and derision when they do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.