Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New domestic A330-200 EBO

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Are the new 332 staying with QF and not going to JQ (hence the original seat configs) or will they get reconfigured with Skybeds and be deployed on international services (to replace the last 2 767 routes) or is this really a mess up by QF and they are going back to 2x2x2 for domestic?
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I believe the JQ 332's will all head back to QF once the 787's start arriving.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:12 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
so will they throwaway the seats or just make wide-wide aisles with the current seats.
I quite like the gatetogate ife abilities of having the screen in seatback
Old Feb 16, 2011, 1:45 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by moa999
so will they throwaway the seats or just make wide-wide aisles with the current seats.
I quite like the gatetogate ife abilities of having the screen in seatback
They're doing gate-to-gate IFE for the overhead screens now (well, safety demo-to-gate). No change to the material, so ads for the first few minutes anyway.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by deeruck
They're doing gate-to-gate IFE for the overhead screens now (well, safety demo-to-gate). No change to the material, so ads for the first few minutes anyway.
Where as on the Jetconnect 738, there are no adds on the system and it is just pure gate to gate, apart from the safety demo
Old May 6, 2011, 12:40 am
Company Representative - Qantas Airways

Programs: Qantas Airways
Just an update.

As you are aware, we introduced two new A330-200s to the Qantas Domestic fleet with a 2-3-2 configuration in Business late last year, which predominantly operate on MEL/SYD-PER v.v.

Following customer feedback, we are currently reviewing the Business cabin configuration. This weekend, we are introducing a workspace, which will be fitted in the middle seat. In effect, this creates a 2-2-2 seating configuration, with the benefit of a working space for documents/laptops in the centre seating section and ensures that the middle seat is not used as customer seating.

Supporting this solution, work continues in relation to the development of the future configuration for this aircraft.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:49 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Red Roo
Just an update.

As you are aware, we introduced two new A330-200s to the Qantas Domestic fleet with a 2-3-2 configuration in Business late last year, which predominantly operate on MEL/SYD-PER v.v.

Following customer feedback, we are currently reviewing the Business cabin configuration. This weekend, we are introducing a workspace, which will be fitted in the middle seat. In effect, this creates a 2-2-2 seating configuration, with the benefit of a working space for documents/laptops in the centre seating section and ensures that the middle seat is not used as customer seating.

Supporting this solution, work continues in relation to the development of the future configuration for this aircraft.
Wow, a tray table? Ergonomically noone can work sideways.

For that to be your first response in months is REALLY weak.

RedRoo, I suggest you take some cues from CrazyDave on AFF, or the several Starwood Lurkers about how you should be integrating in social media.
Old May 6, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Wow, a tray table? Ergonomically noone can work sideways.

For that to be your first response in months is REALLY weak.

RedRoo, I suggest you take some cues from CrazyDave on AFF, or the several Starwood Lurkers about how you should be integrating in social media.
Frankly that's a bit harsh. CrazyDave did not comment on rumours that the DJ A330 seats were 2x3x2 (videos and photos at release this week proved this true) and are effectively ex EK seats. Equally would not expect StarwoodLurker to comment on a decision to replace 1000 count sheets with 600.

With all respects to the Reps there are things and decisions that they can't comment on until the senior execs make a call.

Notwithstanding I do encourage all reps to be as integrated and social as possible.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:21 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Just an update......
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, my (uninformed) perception of trans con flights was that the 2x3x2 had already gone to history and we were basking in the comfort of a 744 on the odd flight with a better 738 product. No mention in the slick advertising of the crappy cramped 332 J interior.

Dumping the centre J seat in the 332 will certaily make for more comfort but this seems like typical QF advertising of a product enhancement way before it actually appears.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: QF WP
Having the tray table doesn't mean you are working sideways. In fact, having a bit of extra storage space is a big help, especially when you are trying to juggle a laptop and onboard services. Having had the priviledge of travelling on a 2-3-2 config with a free middle seat, I quite like this idea even if it's just a glorified tray table.
Old May 6, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
The empty middle seat is soo European short-haul business class...
Old May 6, 2011, 5:20 pm

Just an update.

This is now very deceptive when selecting a seat in 'Your Bookings' on the QF website. Here's an example (that the other day was 2-3-2, on an A332):

Wouldn't it be more accurate and truthful to show the middle seat as blocked?

I find this pretty underhanded. At least DJ have said 'yes, it's 2-3-2' even if we don't like it. The seat pitch makes up considerably for this on DJ though, unlike the new QF J.

To be honest, this will be my first flight in the new J, and i'm really not looking forward to it (although it can't be worse than Y).
Old May 6, 2011, 5:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by drewbles
Wouldn't it be more accurate and truthful to show the middle seat as blocked?
The seat map shows seats available for selection. That the middle seat isn't available for selection at all, it is perfectly reasonable not to show it for seat selection. The seat map is not to scale.

It is also same as done by other carriers where middle seat is not selectable , even DJ for premium economy

Originally Posted by drewbles
To be honest, this will be my first flight in the new J, and i'm really not looking forward to it (although it can't be worse than Y).
You could always choose another flight and avoid it that way; at least in a few weeks will be able to use Virgin for business class travel across to Perth which does look like it could be good
Old May 6, 2011, 5:43 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The seat map shows seats available for selection. That the middle seat isn't available for selection at all, it is perfectly reasonable not to show it for seat selection. The seat map is not to scale.
A lot of the European airlines show that the middle seat is blocked out in their business class cabin. I agree that the seat selection map is deceptive.
Old May 6, 2011, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
AirNZ do show the blocked seats for their S2S product.

Here's a montage of the new seat selection map:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.