New domestic A330-200 EBO

Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:28 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by og
Frightening like JL's J Domestic. Better seats than Y class and nothing more. Just wait for QF to enhance the cabin bonus to PE levels such as 110% instead of 125%.
They should actually make the cabin bonus 100% to give a total of 200%.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Looks exactly like Premium Economy to me!

Could basically be J* *Class except for the seat back monitors.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 12:04 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AndDee
Looks exactly like Premium Economy to me!

Could basically be J* *Class except for the seat back monitors.
Actually, with the extra seat that AJ has managed to squeeze in, *Class is actually better than this.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In any case the longer necked Millenium seats cr@p on those short backed recaro thingys.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver - QF Lifetime Silver
As expected VH-EBJ now gone. www.theqantassource.com reports it operated QF19 SYD-MNL on 23/11 and will be converted/repainted for JQ there.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 1:13 am

I travelled DXB-MUC and ZRH-DXB in Emirates A330/A340 and both had (and still have) a 2-3-2 config in Business Class. I can't say the service was any better than QF either!
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:14 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ
I travelled DXB-MUC and ZRH-DXB in Emirates A330/A340 and both had (and still have) a 2-3-2 config in Business Class. I can't say the service was any better than QF either!
I have been on the EK A332 DXB-FCO a couple of years ago, and while it was indeed 7 across in Business, the seat pitch was something approaching 60". This legroom sure made up for the lack of elbow room. Not sure QF / JQ have any intention of emulating that degree of comfort.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:22 pm

I was thinking about trying to use points to upgrade BNE-PER-BNE in april may but if this is all you get on the transcon business class - I agree it is not worth the points!
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
The irony is that short sectors intra Australia are actually better than these new transcons.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 7:56 pm

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ozflier
I was thinking about trying to use points to upgrade BNE-PER-BNE in april may but if this is all you get on the transcon business class - I agree it is not worth the points!
BNE-PER dont get the A330s Just the 763/738s
Old Nov 28, 2010, 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by austgap
BNE-PER dont get the A330s Just the 763/738s
Ta for that - do you think getting into business in the 767 would be worth the upgrade points?
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:29 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by ozflier
Ta for that - do you think getting into business in the 767 would be worth the upgrade points?
Definitely worth getting into J on the outbound BNE-PER 5+ hours, inbound usually 1-2 hours shorter.

But if you didn't already buy a ticket, would avoid QF upgrades for 3 reasons:
  • QF upgrades are standby-only so you might finish in Y anyway
  • QF upgrades cost a huge amount of points, eg can get a confirmed J award using fewer AA miles
  • Normal Y fares are not upgradeable, you have to pay double the normal price to get into a class with a chance of an upgrade

And as for using a hatful of points to secure a SYD-PER upgrade, I pity anyone who gets that awful new 332 with the Y seats in J.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by harryhv
Definitely worth getting into J on the outbound BNE-PER 5+ hours, inbound usually 1-2 hours shorter.

• QF upgrades cost a huge amount of points, eg can get a confirmed J award using fewer AA miles
  • Normal Y fares are not upgradeable, you have to pay double the normal price to get into a class with a chance of an upgrade

And as for using a hatful of points to secure a SYD-PER upgrade, I pity anyone who gets that awful new 332 with the Y seats in J.
I thought for domestic, if award seats are available in Business you get a confirmed upgrade at request (online). If no award seats available then you can ask for an On Departure Upgrade (ODU), both assuming you have an upgradable ticket.
I did it last year, but that may have changed.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
Originally Posted by harryhv

That's untrue. On domestic, a Super Saver (maybe a couple of hundred max difference to the cheapest from east coast - PER) is upgradable for 16,000 points to PER.

If there is U class (business award) availability, then you will immediately be granted the upgrade. If not, then the upgrade will be declined and you will need to attempt to secure an On Departure Upgrade in the lounge.

Only international flights require waitlisting.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG, CO Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bugayev
That's untrue. On domestic, a Super Saver (maybe a couple of hundred max difference to the cheapest from east coast - PER) is upgradable for 16,000 points to PER.
The cheapest upgradeable fare PER-BNE is now $493 ow. With the CC surcharge, you are now up for $994 rtn minimum to have the chance to upgrade to Dom J. It will not be long before this breaks the $1000 mark.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.