Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas to launch new domestic business class next week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas to launch new domestic business class next week

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 8:13 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Unhappy Syd domestic J lounge

NO hot meal / dish (apart from standard soup) at lunch time on weekends at QF domestic J lounge at Syd Only hot food after 5pm on W/E's! Typical QF...after all the publicity, they pull this "stunt". Can confirm that metal knifes are back^, and liquorice has now appeared. As others have confirmed, there is a centre long table for a sit down meal, and some space has been "acquired" from the QF club. Also bigger plates to pile your food onto

The new Apple computers are very nice...and I like how you have a choice of choosing either the Mac or windows operating system.

centre long dining table

space that has been "acquired" from the QF club

Last edited by kpc; Nov 19, 2010 at 11:21 pm Reason: add info about computers + add pics
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:17 pm

I heard that the domestic 767/737s will be getting the new style "red" economy seat covers like the 380/744?

Is this correct?

Anyone know more?

Thanks
Old Nov 22, 2010, 5:38 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by Princi
Ah - so they didn't show the new business class seats after all...
Not surprised - it's a shocker!

Thanks to screech we have this photo of the new seating in the A332 delivered this week.

[IMG][/IMG]
Yes, those Y seats are the new "business" class.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kpc
NO hot meal / dish (apart from standard soup) at lunch time on weekends at QF domestic J lounge at Syd
Very odd - have been there twice in the past fortnight and there's been a hot meal (not just soup) each lunchtime.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:36 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Very odd - have been there twice in the past fortnight and there's been a hot meal (not just soup) each lunchtime.
Was this a W/E? No hot food on W/Es til 5pm was the reply when I asked for it last Sat at 1245pm

Last edited by kpc; Nov 23, 2010 at 4:44 am
Old Nov 22, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Brad Myer
I heard that the domestic 767/737s will be getting the new style "red" economy seat covers like the 380/744?

Is this correct?

Anyone know more?
I would have thought that if they were going to do that, EBO would have arrived with red seats - but they look domestic grey to me. It wasn't so long ago they moved to grey.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 12:27 am

Programs: QF FFPL, ONEWORLD EMRALD
Disgusted !

Yesterday I happened to be on their new A330.. I am a Platinum FF, and was placed in the middle seat in business. It was no different from being in economy. I am so disgusted with QF for introducing a middle seat in J/C on their domestic A330. Why pay the price? The service was slow (obvioulsy not enough attendants), the seats are SO narrow. Climbing over people to get to the loo. I may as well have been in economy. I couldn't give a toss about their inflight movies, or their 'Neil Perry' cuisine. All I wanted to do was work, but there was not enough arm-room for me to even work on my laptop.

For the first time ever, I really hope Virgin gets up with a good business class product, as my Platinum status means nothing to Qantas. And as such I will be happy to take my business elsewhere.

Even if I had've had an aisle seat, they are the same width as economy.

This airline is now just a running joke.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 3:49 am

Ozzieflyer70 and other members who don't like the new biz config please please please put your complaints into writing and send them into Qantas, the website offers an online feedback form.

It's the only way QF will find out and maybe even implement changes.

Thanks
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:57 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by ozzieflyer70
Yesterday I happened to be on their new A330.. I am a Platinum FF, and was placed in the middle seat in business.
Welcome to Flyertalk and thanks for the confirmation on those ridiculous new "business" seats, some of us were thinking it might have been a wind-up.

The one-way fare SYD-PER is $1,400, seems a lot for a middle economy-size seat, I would be asking for my money back.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 8:13 am

The new J seats on the new A332 is a joke! What part of it is "J"? More like Y+

Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
The usual gang of posters (myself included) who used to consider QF domestic J better than AA domestic F will need to think again. This downgrade pretty much seals the deal.

Here's hoping that DJ will put out something pretty amazing.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:41 am

I don't know if it was a prototype or not, but I did see today a Millennium seat in red....

..... leather!

What I do hate though is with both the current gray fabric and any other potential colour doesn't match the blue plastic from the original design.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:55 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG, CO Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
The usual gang of posters (myself included) who used to consider QF domestic J better than AA domestic F will need to think again. This downgrade pretty much seals the deal.
I flew seven sectors in AA domestic F during September/October. On like aircraft (738 vs 738), I believe the total product experience on AA dom F is equal to QF domestic J with the exception of the meal, which is far better on QF. AA dom F is cheaper than QF dom J as well, particularly on KUP and YUP fares.

I also noted that the cabin crew in AA dom F were getting a bit younger. There was a time where they all seem to be at least 60 yo.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 5:53 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by harryhv
Not surprised - it's a shocker!

Thanks to screech we have this photo of the new seating in the A332 delivered this week.

[IMG][/IMG]
Yes, those Y seats are the new "business" class.

Is that for real???? Why the hell would we pay exorbitant J fares for those rubbish seats?

Old Nov 26, 2010, 8:05 pm

I don't know if it was a prototype or not, but I did see today a Millennium seat in red....

..... leather!
Any more info?

This might fit in with the rumour that Y class is going to go red as well.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.