Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas to launch new domestic business class next week

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas to launch new domestic business class next week

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2010, 3:53 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by markis10
Am I the only one who finds an OP quoting their own publication as being somewhat unethical when they don't declare they are possibly the editor?

http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...tml#post375211

While new information is always good, it should be clearly identified IMHO to prevent sockpuppeting accusations.
I agree with you. Most, if not all the info in the publication, is just a glossary summary of what you can find on the travel forums, in partic. AFF and FT.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: QF Plat, GC Diamond
Originally Posted by KFly
In the SYD domestic Business Class lounge atm. The renovations have been completed. Extra seating and a long dining bench. New cutlery, similar to the ones found in the international lounges. Also new tableware... bigger plates and bowls!

Improved dining options (IMO). Cheese now served in properly cut wedges. Sweets include a triple chocolate brownie and a pear tart. Mushroom soup and gourmet breads. Improved anti-pesto offerings... meat slices have definitely increased in size.

Overall, I think QF has done well this time.

K
I'm in the SYD domestic Business Class lounge now, and I must say I'm a little disappointed. Some new chairs, more space, long bench table with cutlery...

big deal

Although there seems to an artificial wall (covered in a dot painting print) that will probably come down tomorrow as part of the official launch with AJ.

I was hoping to get a sneak peak today :-(
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:37 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I'm in there now. More space which is welcome, without that it would be hard to find a spot now. The antipasto food has improved. Waiter wandering around with plates of warm olives (yeah weird).

The biggest problem I have with the lounges is they always put the chairs in groups of 2 or 4, when the majority of people fly alone. So 1 person ties up 2 chairs (no one wants to share with a stranger). Using more of long low benches like PER would help with this.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
I'm in there now. More space which is welcome, without that it would be hard to find a spot now. The antipasto food has improved. Waiter wandering around with plates of warm olives (yeah weird).

The biggest problem I have with the lounges is they always put the chairs in groups of 2 or 4, when the majority of people fly alone. So 1 person ties up 2 chairs (no one wants to share with a stranger). Using more of long low benches like PER would help with this.
Have to agree with the seating. PER used to have the one window bench which was great, and the others running parallel.

The new setup works brilliantly, in fact, I really do like the new PER QP. It's amazing how much larger it is, and how many more hi-viz's they can now squeeze in

I've spent some time in the MEL and revamped SYD J lounge in the past week as well, and it looks like the MEL lounge has started to get the new buffet menu but no sign of the island dining just yet.

Seeing as anytime access to the J lounge was never an official benefit, it's nice to see with the loss of ATA they're actually bringing things up in quality at least (don't get me wrong, i'd still like anytime access back).
Old Nov 17, 2010, 9:34 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Announced by QF today, sadly Neil Perry is still in charge of catering so no significant changes. I was hoping that they were announcing new hard product such as domestic AVOD and refitting of the 767 cabins to the 777 style interior.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:10 pm

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...010/nov10/5042

The New Qantas Domestic Experience
Business Class
• New Neil Perry designed seasonal menu changing weekly with matching wines selected by the Qantas Wine Panel
• Addition of an entrée course on trans Continent and trans Tasman flights
• Customer Service Manager hosting Business Class passengers
• Silver service in the Business Cabin
• Appropriate time of day offering (i.e. antipasto platters in the afternoon)
Qantas Business Lounges
• New Neil Perry designed seasonal menu changing weekly
• New tray around snack service in the morning and evening
• Island dining offering a "plate of the day" with matching wine
• Appropriate time of day meal offerings and increased portion sizes
• Enhanced environment with new furnishings including Qantas signature Akira Isogawa fabric feature walls and custom lounge furniture designed specifically for Qantas
• Qantas Signature Moooi Light pendants in contrasting sizes which animate the bar area
• Enhanced environment with fresh flowers and a new scent specifically designed for Qantas by Air Aroma
• New Apple Mac technology
Economy Class
• New Neil Perry influenced seasonal menu changing weekly with matching wines selected by the Qantas Wine Panel
• Complimentary Bar from 4pm on all CityFlyer flights
• New premium breakfasts
• New range of hot dinners
• Enhanced refreshments and seasonal fruit
• Enhanced personal recognition for Frequent Flyers by Cabin Crew
Qantas Clubs
• New Neil Perry influenced seasonal menu changing weekly
• Signature Italian wood fired pizza
• Candy Bar
• Enhanced environment with a new scent and fresh flowers
Old Nov 17, 2010, 10:30 pm

Programs: QF Plat, GC Diamond
Ah - so they didn't show the new business class seats after all...
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:14 pm

Programs: QF SG, AA Plat
How do you do wood fired pizza in the middle of an airport terminal?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:33 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
personal welcome from cabin crew, that's nice.. I also like the look of weekly changing menus in Y class. Whether or not that means the death of the lamb curry and spag with meatballs.. we can only hope!

Then again..

This week's lamb curry served with peas
Next week's lamb curry served with beans
The following week's lamb curry served with pumpkin

Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:45 am

Smile

When will these enhancements be implemented? Is there going to be a noticeable difference onboard?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 2:22 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
So basically a few changes to the menu.

No new seats
No new/introduced AVOD

Boring indeed
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:25 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by justin_krusty
Economy Class
• New Neil Perry influenced seasonal menu changing weekly with matching wines selected by the Qantas Wine Panel
• Complimentary Bar from 4pm on all CityFlyer flights
• New premium breakfasts
• New range of hot dinners
• Enhanced refreshments and seasonal fruit
• Enhanced personal recognition for Frequent Flyers by Cabin Crew

Qantas Clubs
• New Neil Perry influenced seasonal menu changing weekly
• Signature Italian wood fired pizza
• Candy Bar
• Enhanced environment with a new scent and fresh flowers
Good to hear that Qantas is enhancing it's offering.

On a SYD-BNE lunch flight last week the offering was a measly cheese sandwich and a napkin. Thankfully for the BNE-SYD dinner flight a decent hot meal (oyster sauce chicken with rice and seasonal greens) was offered on a tray.

It will be interesting to see how the Italian wood fired pizza plays out but at least they are providing a healthy alternative to spring rolls and party pies.

Last edited by Coathanger; Nov 18, 2010 at 4:27 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:48 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Coathanger
It will be interesting to see how the Italian wood fired pizza plays out but at least they are providing a healthy alternative to spring rolls and party pies.
Calling Pizza A healthy alternative is a good one. ^

Maybe it will be similar to what they have been offering in SIN for years.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Maybe it will be similar to what they have been offering in SIN for years.
It was similar, the same big slabs in a tray as SIN but perhaps more "artisan" albeit in a try-hard way. The base was thinner, and it actually tasted better than i expected, but end of the day it was some reheated soggy dough with dry tomato paste and melted cheese (there was a pumpkin one too), which if was served to you in anything but a lunch bar, you would be less than impressed with. It's just a simple way of getting hot snack food out there cheaply, without resorting to pies.

It might be "signature" but I am glad it is not my signature.
(disclaimer: i just ate a really good meal, so perhaps i am being harsh when i remember the pizza now)
Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by AndDee
So basically a few changes to the menu.

No new seats
No new/introduced AVOD

Boring indeed
Agreed. I was hoping for a 767 refit (787's aren't gonna be here anytime soon) with seatback AVOD.

The announcements were just fluff, and won't actually cost very much. Some of them aren't even new, eg: comp alcohol on flights after 4pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.