Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

how long to ticket + charge credit card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how long to ticket + charge credit card?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2010, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, QF
Arrow how long to ticket + charge credit card?

Hello,

I'm new to flyertalk (and to Qantas), though have visited the site many times.

Quick question: I booked a flight with Qantas last weekend. Booked online. Flight is for late December 2010, with return date set for the latest possible, which was currently end August 2011. Outbound flight is DUB -> LHR -> MEL (via SIN for technical stop, on the new A380). return flight is MEL -> HKG -> DUB.

My Question is: When should I expect to receive my e-ticket, and for my credit card to be charged? I thought it would go through straigh away, which has been my experience with other airlines such as AA.

Thanks for any advice or information you might have about this. Also, I'm quite looking forward to being on the A380. Am I right to be? I'll be in economy.

Many thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by frankabagnale
Hello,

I'm new to flyertalk (and to Qantas), though have visited the site many times.

Quick question: I booked a flight with Qantas last weekend. Booked online. Flight is for late December 2010, with return date set for the latest possible, which was currently end August 2011. Outbound flight is DUB -> LHR -> MEL (via SIN for technical stop, on the new A380). return flight is MEL -> HKG -> DUB.

My Question is: When should I expect to receive my e-ticket, and for my credit card to be charged? I thought it would go through straigh away, which has been my experience with other airlines such as AA.

Thanks for any advice or information you might have about this. Also, I'm quite looking forward to being on the A380. Am I right to be? I'll be in economy.

Many thanks.
Welcome to FlyerTalk frankabagnale
IME I have had it take up to two days, using AMEX, for the eticket to appear.
If you are concerned or it has not appeared then call Qantas and they will verify the transaction.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:48 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk frankabagnale

Assuming you've used a valid cc rather than a forged check it should be processed anywhere from same day up to a week later. If you entered a valid email address you'll receive the e-ticket as soon as it is ticketed.

BTW, I presume by DUB you mean Dubai, which is actually airport code DXB (DUB = Dublin).
Old Sep 16, 2010, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
BTW, I presume by DUB you mean Dubai, which is actually airport code DXB (DUB = Dublin).
Must be Dublin.

DXB -> LHR -> SIN -> MEL would be a very odd route!
Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Welcome to Flyer Talk frankabagnale

Assuming you've used a valid cc rather than a forged check it should be processed anywhere from same day up to a week later. If you entered a valid email address you'll receive the e-ticket as soon as it is ticketed.

DUB seemed normal to me. Did the mention of SIN throw you off.

Or Is that really you Kiwi Flyer
Old Sep 16, 2010, 3:27 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I have waited for over a week before the e ticket has been issued. Most frustrating considering other airlines seem to be able to issue it almost immediately.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Must be Dublin.

DXB -> LHR -> SIN -> MEL would be a very odd route!
Not really if you are a BA FTer!

OK so BA do not fly to DXB, but it just means a more roundabout route for OW flyers...

Last edited by Blackcloud; Sep 16, 2010 at 6:53 pm
Old Sep 16, 2010, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies, and for your welcomes! And yes, Kiwi flyer, it was a valid credit card this time! I was wondering would anyone spot the username - call me nerdy, but I was delighted to get this username as loved the film.

DUB is Dublin. Qantas partner with Aer Lingus, for routing flights to Australia via LHR. They also use BMI for Dublin-London flights.

I think Qantas ticketing agents must actually have been monitoring this forum - An hour or two after I posted the question, they charged my credit card and emailed the E-Ticket to me! ...Maybe it was the username that caused Qantas to quickly check that the credit card was valid!

So, I'm delighted now - have my working-holiday visa and my flights all booked and confirmed.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Ah, I think I see now how I may have caused confusion between Dublin and Dubai. I listed return flights as being MEL -> HKG -> DUB. Of course, there are no direct flights from Hong Kong to Dublin, whereas no doubt there are Hong Kong - Dubai flights. Sorry about that.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: VS Gold, QPPS, CX, DJ, SG, AA, NH
I think Qantas ticketing agents must actually have been monitoring this forum - An hour or two after I posted the question, they charged my credit card and emailed the E-Ticket to me! ...Maybe it was the username that caused Qantas to quickly check that the credit card was valid!
A nice idea, but unlikely. Normally there is a bit of a wait for international segments booked online to be ticketed, as noted by a few members already.

Generally, international segments will ticket anywhere between three hours to two days from booking. The delay will depend on how busy international reservations are, as according to what has been explained to me by QF agents - more often than not tickets are manually checked (ie eyeballed for anything out of order) before being finalised and issued.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 6:56 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
When I have asked Qantas previously, they have said anything that isn't "imminent travel" can took up to a week.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I have had a wait of several weeks on a ticket I purchased last year.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Ah, I think I see now how I may have caused confusion between Dublin and Dubai. I listed return flights as being MEL -> HKG -> DUB. Of course, there are no direct flights from Hong Kong to Dublin, whereas no doubt there are Hong Kong - Dubai flights. Sorry about that.
Yes this is why I assumed Dubai.
Old Sep 17, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I booked a classic award RTW online recently, which ticketed almost immediately.

However, I then modified the award over the phone and it took more than a month to ticket.

My advice is that it is extremely variable but make sure you can see e-ticket numbers in your www.checkmytrip.com itinerary at least a few weeks before travel. This gives you some time to make it happen if there's a problem.
Old Sep 18, 2010, 1:46 am

Programs: QFF
Booked a DONE3 from Qantas Japan via online tool. Ticket was issued as soon as the charge was authorised (ticket amount put on hold).
Qantas didn’t take the money for at least 3 weeks afterwards. The hold expired and the bank released the funds back to me long before Qantas took the money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.