Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

9th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 19 Feb 2011

9th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 19 Feb 2011

Old Sep 23, 2010, 11:29 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Put me down as GOLD.

Been a while
Old Sep 27, 2010, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Okay, done to hear. Will be good to catch up with you again, d00t.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:40 am

Programs: QFM Life
Originally Posted by vecta
Go nuts!! You know you want to!!

I do want to, but I’ll only be about 10SC over 700 with 2 months to go in December, so I’m thinking requal and chase for Plat after the AGM in March. If I make it to the states, I’ll figure something out no doubt
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:14 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Is the removal of anytime access for platinums a bit of a fly in the ointment here?
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
It just means all WPs that attend will need to be leaving BNE that day, and everyone else, including BNE-based WPs won't be able to attend unless there are sufficient WPs coming from outside BNE.

However, I'm sure QF WP can probably perform his magic closer to the time...
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:18 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by Leumas
However, I'm sure QF WP can probably perform his magic closer to the time...
I'll second that!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:19 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Put me down as a possible
Things are a bit too chaotic at the moment to guarantee my wanderings

Fred
Old Oct 5, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I am thinking of going but will make my decision based on cash flow closer to the day.
So have me as Silver but do the changes to QP access mean this will be the last AGM?

Last edited by Blackcloud; Oct 5, 2010 at 6:22 pm Reason: Original post was for a different thread!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 8:38 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Local BNE people and people staying overnight might have a challenge now with the drop of anytime lounge access for WPs and who knows what this will mean for the guest rules.

It is possible that without a special permission we can't guest people from Brisbane into the lounge and people who stay overnight at BNE can't use the lounge upon arrival anymore.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:04 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Could always book a fully refundable ticket for the last flight of the day, gain access to lounge, cancel flight..... (I know, a pain in the butt)
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
I guess, unless some sort of deal can be cut with BNE QP Management (and don't want any pressure going onto anyone to do that), then it comes down to some number-crunching. Basically, WPs/SGs/QPs who are flying out on the same day hold the key, I guess.

I'm assuming the planned changes still allow WPs two non-flying guests and QPs/SGs one non-flying guest.

Some tweaking to date/time could conceivably happen (e.g. having AGM before Feb 1, or on Sunday 20 Feb) but some people may already be committed with flights/accommodation, and tweaking would simply not be an option if that is the case.

I was considering staying over Saturday night if dinner could be arranged, but I guess this is not useful to me or anyone else now.

So at this stage am looking like flying up/back the same day, depending on what transpires. Have not yet booked but do not want to leave it too long (hopefully a little sales special will be snuck in sometime between now and then)
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I guess mine attendance will be a day trip ...
Old Oct 5, 2010, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Hmm, I am loathe to change the date for this to be prior to the change, given that some people have already booked flights and accom that may be non-refundable and/or non-changeable.

On the flip side, to have it on the previously advised date will mean that some won't be allowed access (and I'm not sure that even with my good relationship with te QP Manager, that they would be hapy to create a precedence so soon after the changes).

Knowing that there are going to be issues either way, I am going to wait to see the outcome of this ill-conceived change. I will continue to maintain the lists.

Perhaps we will need to change to an off-site venue at the airport, or even a hotel to have our AGM.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
May not help for the upcoming AGM, but perhaps you could look at having the AGM on the Sunday going forward?
Old Oct 5, 2010, 10:53 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by QF WP
Hmm, I am loathe to change the date for this to be prior to the change, given that some people have already booked flights and accom that may be non-refundable and/or non-changeable.

On the flip side, to have it on the previously advised date will mean that some won't be allowed access (and I'm not sure that even with my good relationship with te QP Manager, that they would be hapy to create a precedence so soon after the changes).

Knowing that there are going to be issues either way, I am going to wait to see the outcome of this ill-conceived change. I will continue to maintain the lists.

Perhaps we will need to change to an off-site venue at the airport, or even a hotel to have our AGM.
Dependent on the final outcome of the changes, it is still quite possible we can have it 'as per normal', just depends on numbers/status. I agree with not changing date/time if people already have flight and/or accommodation commitments - it would not be acceptable IMO.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.