Search

Emerald Regional Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Emerald Regional Lounge

Hey guys,

Did read a few months ago about Qantas opening a "lounge" at Emerald airport in August has anyone been/seen that it’s completed as its not on the Qantas website as a regional lounge yet.

Flying there next weekend, but will have a fair few hours to burn on waiting for the return back to Brisbane on Sunday so if it was open that would be bliss.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:09 am

Programs: QFF WP
No idea on this particular lounge, but if it is anything like most small regional lounges (KTA, KGI for example) then bliss is an over statement. Outside of the limited seating, limited food and drink selection and limited personal ammenities that is... In most of these ports the general lounge is by far the preferred IMO
Old Sep 5, 2010, 3:58 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity, *Alliance
Originally Posted by seat_4D
No idea on this particular lounge, Outside of the limited seating, limited food and drink selection and limited personal ammenities that is... In most of these ports the general lounge is by far the preferred IMO
I agree and Mackay is a good example of that. I have not been through Emerald for a couple of months and there was no activity that I noticed - although I was on the way in rather than out. I went out through Mackay.

Nothing as yet on the qantas site http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...alia/global/en

E
Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:45 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Mackay is better now that it has a toilet, unlike Mackay Emerald will be indoor and outdoor but not until the end of the year:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...09/2948867.htm
Old Sep 8, 2010, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Cheers guys for the heads up. Will have a look on Sunday and report back whats there.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:38 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Damn, got an Emerald day trip coming up (to see 1 client), so will have to find other things to entertain myself (FT on iPhone )
Old Sep 12, 2010, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

For those who are interested. No lounge yet, construction is still going ahead at the airport and looks like another month or so before it is completed. So don't head to the airport too early as there is simply nothing to do.

Great flights both ways on Qlink.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.