Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dress code in j class qantas ???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Dress code in j class qantas ???

Hi ya all as I've posted previously I'm flying on qf 11 in late august my question is: is there a certain dress code for traveling in j class with qantas I heard rumor this morning you can not wear jeans is that true or do I have it wrong
thanks
knackers.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
You have it wrong

Wear neat casual at the least, jeans are okay!

Tracksuit pants, personally not a fan unless sleeping in them then it's all good!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:36 pm

Crocs are not allowed under CASA law for being downright awful!

Otherwise you can wear whatever you like :-)
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by eoinnz
Agreed!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by eoinnz

Otherwise you can wear whatever you like :-)
+2

Crosc should be outlawed in general!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: QF, TG, JL
Originally Posted by vecta
+2

Crosc should be outlawed in general!
Disagree totally: I have a day-glo orange pair that I use to take out the garbage - Easy to find in the shoe cupboard
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

The reason I ask as I was talking to a friend of mine this morning and she told me about her sister who flew j/business class little while ago and she was wearing blue jeans ( $300 pair by the way) and was told she could not wear them jeans were not allowed she had to change to dress slacks..!!!
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OWE)
Originally Posted by knackers
The reason I ask as I was talking to a friend of mine this morning and she told me about her sister who flew j/business class little while ago and she was wearing blue jeans ( $300 pair by the way) and was told she could not wear them jeans were not allowed she had to change to dress slacks..!!!
UNLESS the sister was travelling as a guest of the airline or on a special rate (eg staff travel), I suspect that the facts may have got mangled along the way.

There is no QF policy stating that jeans are not acceptable.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
$300 jeans will be fine, just make sure she has the receipt handy though in case she's asked ... these days you can never tell whether they're the genuine DKNY or the cheap Bali version (transferring from JQ *Class to QF J is a b*tch these days for this very reason).

Seriously .... the days of dressing for Airline flight went the way of the 707.

BD
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for your replys much apprectiated
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:37 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I encountered this issue on complimentary upgrades provided by Gulf Air and Etihad through a sponsorship agreement we had with them. Upgraded to First at check-in but told no jeans allowed, despite being designer. The best part was they had just sent my luggage down, and wouldn't get it back.

I recall trying to buy different pants at the airport, but all of the shops required like Emporio Armani or even R.M. Williams are airside. They refused to give me my boarding pass until they saw me in them so I had a friend kindly deliver some horrible pleated pants to me, which I swiftly changed out of, and back into my jeans as soon as I boarded.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 7:48 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
One is also not allowed to wear Ugg boots.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Now listen here there will be NO dissing of the ugg boots they are a national icon and they shall remain that way love the ugg boot !!!!!! Rolmao .
Old Jun 10, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: QF OWE, HH D, HGP D, Starriott Plat, AA/LM/SQ/VA/QF/AS/BA
The last LH int'l biz trip I flew was in thongs, stubbies and a wife basher singlet... no one raised an eyebrow. Although I had to don a long sleeved tee after boarding because the cabin was a bit cold.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BD1959

Seriously .... the days of dressing for Airline flight went the way of the 707.

BD
Oh I wouldn't say that....when in BA F I wear a three piece pin striped suit, starched collar, polished brogues, a bowler hat and pink cami knickers.....all very British.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.