Dress code in j class qantas ???

Old Nov 24, 10, 12:42 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
Without getting too much into the detail I wouldn't touch Hugo Boss, you just need to look at their refund policy to get an understanding of why this is.

For custom shirts Rixon Groove in the Old Bank Arcade in Wellington is great value at @ $200 AUD per shirt shipped. Not quite the same fabric quality of say Zegna or others but very durable for travel and closer than a trip to Asia.

As you reach a certain time in your life I have found attending someone's wedding is a great excuse to have to buy a M2M suit. It is hard for the wife to argue with this logic when she wants to buy a new dress. :-) Especially when the dress will be worn once, yet the suit will become part of the week day rotation.
Old Nov 24, 10, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by nonce View Post
As you reach a certain time in your life I have found attending someone's wedding is a great excuse to have to buy a M2M suit. It is hard for the wife to argue with this logic when she wants to buy a new dress. :-) Especially when the dress will be worn once, yet the suit will become part of the week day rotation.
I like it !
Old Nov 24, 10, 10:53 pm

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Originally Posted by BD1959 View Post

Seriously .... the days of dressing for Airline flight went the way of the 707.

BD
Oh I wouldn't say that....when in BA F I wear a three piece pin striped suit, starched collar, polished brogues, a bowler hat and pink cami knickers.....all very British.
Qf pj is the way to go
Old Nov 24, 10, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by kaka View Post
Qf pj is the way to go
Not sure you'd say that if you've seen someone wearing them in the lounge before the flight...! (Yep, at Sydney's International First lounge a while back - my guess is he went into the showers and changed from casual clothes into QF PJs - also wore them at Singapore airport in the QF First lounge too. Ewwww!)
Old Nov 25, 10, 1:00 pm

Perhaps something happened to his clothes? I mean to be at SYD F lounge and already be in PJ's means to have packed them, or staff locally have provided them. Not sure why you would pack QF PJ's when you get a new pair on board or versus packing your own.
Old Nov 25, 10, 1:49 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by nonce View Post
.... Not sure why you would pack QF PJ's when you get a new pair on board or versus packing your own.
Have to be flying F to get the F PJs

Wonder how many people in the SYD F lounge are flying F? I'd guess under 10%
Old Nov 25, 10, 4:44 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTG / OW Sapphire; NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Povo.
My work environment these days is pretty casual. Like a Bogan wedding, some people will wear their best jeans and cleanest t-shirt to work, so I'm down to wearing suits for travelling to conferences/ meetings/ etc.

Just 3 left in the wardrobe - 2 business (Boss and Zegna), and 1 dinner suit for lodge and other occasions. Can't justify anything bespoke under those circumstances.

I will say that the value differential between Boss and Zegna definitely favours Zegna - I too have had a bad experience with a Boss suit and won't buy another.
Old Nov 25, 10, 7:20 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by shillard View Post
Just 3 left in the wardrobe - 2 business (Boss and Zegna), and 1 dinner suit for lodge and other occasions. Can't justify anything bespoke under those circumstances.

I will say that the value differential between Boss and Zegna definitely favours Zegna - I too have had a bad experience with a Boss suit and won't buy another.
I guess my point is though that you can get a good bespoke suit from a good tailor using a top quality fabric (including zegna, D & G, etc) for less money than buying the Zegna suit in the first place.
Old Nov 25, 10, 8:25 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
What are all these issues with Boss? I've bought several Black Selection suits from DJs and have been quite happy.

Shillard, how often are you at The Lodge?

I work for a NGO, so jeans and a shirt is fine, but for meetings, events etc. I like to look good. At the end of the day it's about the fit and how it makes you feel rather than brand.
Old Nov 26, 10, 10:25 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTG / OW Sapphire; NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Povo.
Originally Posted by m0hamed View Post
What are all these issues with Boss? I've bought several Black Selection suits from DJs and have been quite happy.

Shillard, how often are you at The Lodge?

I work for a NGO, so jeans and a shirt is fine, but for meetings, events etc. I like to look good. At the end of the day it's about the fit and how it makes you feel rather than brand.

I had a charcoal Boss suit that started shedding threads - everywhere - about 6 months after I bought it. Hopeless. Wasn't top-shelf Boss (just over $1,000 in 2003 or so), but I expect a lot better than that for my dough.

My only criticism of Zegna is that they don't make the trouser pockets large enough for all of the crap that I carry around.

Lodge? Not as regularly as I used to, having become something of a Pariah after a failed revolutionary attempt to force NSW to revert to pre-1978 ritual many years ago.
Old Nov 27, 10, 9:33 pm

Anyone who has ever tried to return anything to Hugo Boss due to defective construction will understand my dislike for them.