QF284 (JQ4) service ?

Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas WP
QF284 (JQ4) service ?

Hi

I have a frequent flier redemption flight booked on QF284 which is JQ4 from HNL to SYD. (i couldn't move my flights to a day it was a Qantas operated flight unfortunatly).

Can anyone confirm whether food / non-alcoholic drinks / blankets etc.. are provided / included on the flight ? If not do they have to be pre-ordered / paid ?
(apologies - furthest i've ever flown on JQ was to NZ and then i just made sure i ate in the Sydney First lounge before boarding !!)

What lounge access (if any) is available for a WP flying out of HNL on the QF flight number (but as i said JQ operated) ?

Thanks
David
Old Feb 13, 2010, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Look here:

http://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn/...oflightproduct

If award (ie. non commercial), then you need to purchase food, if "commercial" then:
International Long Haul Services

Two inflight meal services (one for a shorter flight to DPS) are provided for commercial Qantas codeshare customers as well as all non-alcoholic beverages. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase.

Each passenger is also provided with a complimentary bottle of water. Any additional refreshments and drinks are available for purchase.

Qantas codeshare customers are also provided with a headset for viewing the overhead video screen and audio as well as a complimentary blanket pack.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:27 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The QP at HNL ceased operating some years ago and became an AC, so no status based access unless flying a Oneworld codeshare on OW metal -- which JQ is not! However some chance that they will let you in to the lounge at HNL out of goodwill or ignorance even though you are not entitled to access. The JQ Starclass lounge access is on a contracted basis (paid for by JQ).
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:33 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by number_6
The QP at HNL ceased operating some years ago and became an AC...
The QP is still there and very alive. It is a shared arrangement where it is a QP in the morning and then becomes an AC. I used it 6 months ago and it was staffed with QF personnel.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...rica/global/en

Lounges operated by:
Honolulu - Qantas/American Airlines®
Los Angeles (Tom Bradley) - Qantas/British Airways/Cathay Pacific
Los Angeles (Terminal 4) - Qantas/American Airlines®
Old Feb 13, 2010, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas WP
Thanks - sounds like lounge but no (free) food on board then !!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.