FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   What happens if i dont print my boarding pass tickets ? domestic flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1050601-what-happens-if-i-dont-print-my-boarding-pass-tickets-domestic-flight.html)

VH-RMD Feb 13, 2010 3:50 am

Originally Posted by og (Post 13382525)
Go over to NZ and see the future without BPs on a domestic flight - ie its all in your mobile phone. No paper, no USB sticks, no stuffing around. QF gives the appearance of moving with the times, but they are really a long way behind every one else.

I asked in the lounge the other day and was told March for roll out of RFID tags...

m0hamed Feb 13, 2010 3:53 am

I believe they can tell whether you have printed your boarding pass or not. I've had agents tell me when I have and haven't. I'm sure someone on AFF who works for QF confirmed this.

VH-RMD Feb 13, 2010 4:15 am

they can tell if you have OLCI or not, they then assume you have printed your BP if you have OLCI'd, I just tell them I OLCI on my iPhone so no printy...

m0hamed Feb 13, 2010 5:01 am

This agent was saying it shows "Checked in - bp printed" or "Checked in - bp not printed" though I imagine it will simply refer to whether you hit "Print Boarding Pass" which saves the file then prints it. Of course there is no way for them to determine if you save it and don't print it, to them this would probably be considered printed.

Tyrolean Feb 13, 2010 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by VH-RMD (Post 13382631)
they can tell if you have OLCI or not, they then assume you have printed your BP if you have OLCI'd, I just tell them I OLCI on my iPhone so no printy...

I use my iPhone for olci. I get my bp at the check-in desk.
Mobile bp is quite nice. LH has it. The only problem are the high roaming costs, when you are in an other country.
Putting your bp as pdf on a stick is possible, but saves no time when you have to check in luggage. No need for the hassle.

Tyrolean Feb 13, 2010 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 13382586)
I believe they can tell whether you have printed your boarding pass or not. I've had agents tell me when I have and haven't. I'm sure someone on AFF who works for QF confirmed this.

If you produce a pdf, it counts as printing.

drewbles Feb 13, 2010 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Tyrolean (Post 13384490)
If you produce a pdf, it counts as printing.

OLCI produces a pdf, so it would automatically deem everyone as 'printed'.

They have no way of determining which is which. When you click the pdf if just loads up in a new window, to which you hit print on the web browser, not the page.

m0hamed Feb 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by drewbles (Post 13385203)
OLCI produces a pdf, so it would automatically deem everyone as 'printed'.

They have no way of determining which is which. When you click the pdf if just loads up in a new window, to which you hit print on the web browser, not the page.

No it wouldn't. You can go all the way to select seats, then onto dangerous goods, and then the final page. If you don't produce the pdf it would deem you as checked in and not printed.

vecta Feb 13, 2010 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 13385256)
No it wouldn't. You can go all the way to select seats, then onto dangerous goods, and then the final page. If you don't produce the pdf it would deem you as checked in and not printed.

Yup correct. No need to actually create the pdf if you aren't going to print it out - you're already checked in by that stage.

ansettlad Feb 13, 2010 11:22 pm

If your living within australia.. Go pickup the Australian Aviation magazine which is dated for jan/feb 2010

IT shows images illustrations and information what the future airports would be like in australia specialy on domestic and international airports.

The magazine cover shows the new 783 fleet. Also it contains information about virginblue with the new change comming up and new take over.

Never the less bookings via the internet is pretty much allready exsisted since i last remember and that its future way of doing your own check in online instead of letting the agency do all that for you.

Aniways just thought i would point out about the new future of the airports.. Its on this month magazine.

Its quite alot of fun to check in online and buy tickets online i did it and it did made me put abit of nervours and stuff because you never know what the page might do next with the next pages.. But its quite easy and fun. Its pretty much like you been your self agency check in by all means. Smart and fast way. But with safety online :)

ansettlad Feb 13, 2010 11:33 pm

By the way im aware that as you go thru step by step i believe step 1 to 4 you just go thru all things change anything before procceding.. check your name and so on and if ather members are listed together if your traveling with them.. (family or friends) And then i believe the next page it shows you where you want to seat (if the seat is color gray its empty) or something like that... Then confirn things or if any ather request such as you want vvegitariun food or special foods or such... yes or no so on questions.. Then procced and press done.. a Acrobat file apears your boarding pass airline ticket.. this acrobat file is what you need to print it out..

I am told from people here in this forum there are different ways.. You can pretty much save your acrobat file boarding pass ticket onto a memory stick and with that memory stick you go to a near by computer that has a printer... plug the stick into the USB port and open up and print your boarding pass..

I think thats quite simple and easy but depends if all internet cafes will open up my memory stick folder... Not all computers in public will even work.. and not all internet cafes will let you open START button on the side screen as it may be locked so that public people dont go thru there and change things and or hack into things if you know what i mean.

Aniways I will print mine at a internet cafe.. Or atherwise at the airport. But i do rather have the tickets with me so that i dont end up been bang with i must be stuck with all the pasangers on the cue without that ticket. So showing proof you have the ticket will ensure you that you wont be stuck on that cue with the rest and just straight walk to the one thats quick and fast for these checking in online.

I dont no nothing about these things either qantas website nows if you have printed the boarding pass or not.

I dont think that just because you havnt printed the ticket online does not mean you must re-log back in to re-start everything and re-change the seats again.. Ones you do it its locked in im guesing. Anyways this is from what im told and understanding from users ;)

happy valentines day folks
and happy trips as allways.

willyroo Feb 14, 2010 2:11 am

[mod hat]

Great to see this is sorted.

[/mod hat]