Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas has to be the worst Airline ever

Qantas has to be the worst Airline ever

Closed Thread

Old Jan 5, 10, 1:15 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by VH-RMD View Post
light entertainment...
Yeh

But after listening to "Whose on first .....................

87 times in a row it becomes somewhat tedious.
Old Jan 5, 10, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer View Post
Yeh

But after listening to "Whose on first .....................

87 times in a row it becomes somewhat tedious.
Qantas is the worst airline ever
Old Jan 5, 10, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, BAEC Silver, UA Plat
Originally Posted by JeremyWake View Post
You mean the Red Rat
It has been a while since I have seen a poster reduced to ridiculous name-calling just because the board don't agree with their gripe.
Old Jan 5, 10, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by paseom2 View Post
It has been a while since I have seen a poster reduced to ridiculous name-calling just because the board don't agree with their gripe.
Old Jan 5, 10, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paseom2 View Post
Im a little confused here. I may not agree with the OPs views on expectation of an upgrade, but he is far from being the 1st person to refer to Qantas as the Red Rat and have seen it used on fora numerous times before

The post didn't seem like name calling to me

Dave
Old Jan 5, 10, 2:47 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Im a little confused here. I may not agree with the OPs views on expectation of an upgrade, but he is far from being the 1st person to refer to Qantas as the Red Rat and have seen it used on fora numerous times before

The post didn't seem like name calling to me

Dave
The intention is obviously to denigrate Qantas so is not that name calling.
Old Jan 5, 10, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Of course, "The Red Rat" is oft employed by Oz denizens in affectionate humour when referring to Qantas.

Similar to "How ya goin' ya old Barstard".
Old Jan 5, 10, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by Storyteller View Post
Is this a good time to recall the time a few months ago I booked and paid dollars on AA.com Australian site for 1 flight on AA metal & 2 flights on AS metal, in F, and AS didn't come through for me?

Paid for what looked like F LAX SFO SEA SMF. When the ticket was issued it was LAX SFO SEA in F and SEA SMF in Y. Did not know this until I got the ticket. Thought it was all F. Price was the same as if it was all in F. The AA Australian site doesn't show the booking class until you've paid & been ticketed.

Bought it on a Friday evening, ticket issued Monday pm, no time to do anything about it, flew out to the US Tues am. So, in LAX I spoke to the AA people who said they didn't have any F availablity & to talk to the AS people in SFO.

IN SFO spoke to the AS people who said they did have F seats available, but wouldn't change my ticket because it was issued by AA. In SEA spoke to both the AA and AS people again, same deal.

At that time AS still had seats available in F, for sale. I could buy one but would have had to try to get refund for the unused portion of my AA ticket. Fully flexible F ticket, according to the T&C.

When we boarded, (other) people were upgraded to the unsold F seats. Someone in F didn't show. To add insult to my injury, the guy next to me in Y was moved to that seat. I then watched him eat my meal and drink my wine. From the front row of Y. I could smell the food from there. Not happy, Jan.

AS were not prepared to let me sit in a F seat on their metal, even though my terms and conditions showed F, and I had paid for F seat, and they had a few F seats unsold, because I was on a ticket that AA had issued and AA had (I guess) run out of their allocation of F to sell.

Similar scenario, different airlines. AS didn't come good for me, when they could have so easily. AA took my money but gave me a Y seat.

Now, who do I yell at?
As per another response, whinge to AA.

Whilst you're at it, whinge about their totally useless (compared to the US and UK) Website for AU. The UK and US ones clearly show that one of the legs would not have been in F and show you the exact fare bucket your class books into (which is actually usually P for AA and full F for AS). I did a combined AA/AS fare booked on the UK site and it was all shown as all 4 segments were indeed booked in F. The AU site makes no such distinctions, until ticketing as you mention.

AA could sink a few bucks into the AU site to help us, but I doubt we're a big enough market for them to concern themselves over. They could also accept AU credit cards on the US site, which would be just as suitable for us.
Old Jan 5, 10, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE, BA Silver
Well I think Qantas as bad policies that result in poor customer service. Sorry, Qantas sucks.
Right. That's almost as mature as:

I then asked her if I should have flown V Australia
As almost everyone has responded, QF were not in the wrong here at all. Are you reading these responses, or do you just use Flyertalk to whine?

To turn it around, how about next time you have a confirmed seat on an AS flight, a few of us go to an AS agent and get your seat instead? You know, because a QF agent said I could have it because I was QF Gold, or perhaps should I try:

I am a marketing professional and I know that Happy Customers = Return customers
AS should try to make me happy and give me your seat, right? If that doesn't work, should I never fly Alaska Airlines again?
Old Jan 5, 10, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer View Post
The intention is obviously to denigrate Qantas so is not that name calling.
seems to come in the realms of Pot, Kettle, Black realms

Dave
Old Jan 5, 10, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Yes! I was told both by AS and Qantas customer service if a business class seat was available on the flight they would give me the seat.
Once again, did you get this documented? It sounds like you didn't, but that would have been the answer. If you had documentation (a print out of your PNR with a message to the effect of whatever you believe you were told, you wouldn't have a problem from the way it sounds).

OT - what would be really hilarious is if OP gets downgraded on the return Then we can really enjoy a legitimate rant. However, I probably still will fly QF.
Old Jan 5, 10, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattGlobalist►HiltonGold
Originally Posted by drewbles View Post
... The AU site makes no such distinctions, until ticketing as you mention. ...
No help now, but it does if you use the "multi" option.
The following warning(s) occured
In some of the flight options below a different class of service to the one requested is offered. Please see the information for each flight for exact class of service information. (5003)

... 5h30min 1 stop(s) First / Economy flight details ...
Old Jan 5, 10, 8:53 pm

Location: Home of the 2001 & 2004 Rugby Super 12 Champions - the Brumbies (Canberra, ACT) and Australia's best ski resort (Thredbo, NSW)
Programs: QF SG (LT PS, 54% LT SG), Priority Club Gold
I reckon that with only 6 days in, we have the winner of the 2010 FT Pointless Whinge of the Year Award.

Very entertaining though. I think a few of the regulars here could do with an emoticon gif that another forum I frequent uses - it has a red faced head banging against a brick wall.
Old Jan 5, 10, 9:06 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
Very entertaining though. I think a few of the regulars here could do with an emoticon gif ......
If the emoticon isn't available, how about WOFTAM ?
Old Jan 5, 10, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
I think a few of the regulars here could do with an emoticon gif that another forum I frequent uses - it has a red faced head banging against a brick wall.
Oh, my! That would come in handy on a regular basis. I wish that it were available here on FT.

Search this Thread