Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

OT (?): Need help with shop in QF T3 SYD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT (?): Need help with shop in QF T3 SYD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Question OT (?): Need help with shop in QF T3 SYD

Hi everyone,
Calling upon the regular flyers who use the QF Dom T3 at SYD. Is there a shop (or perhaps a newsagency) that sells the weekly blue bus and ferry pass (AUD34?) for the Sydney bus and ferry services? I am hoping to buy the pass first upon arrival before boarding the 400 bus. The SYD airport website does not list shops available in T3. Thanks.
Cheers,
Gerald
P.S. Anyone in SYD who would like to meet up please send me pm.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by igel
Hi everyone,
Calling upon the regular flyers who use the QF Dom T3 at SYD. Is there a shop (or perhaps a newsagency) that sells the weekly blue bus and ferry pass (AUD34?) for the Sydney bus and ferry services? I am hoping to buy the pass first upon arrival before boarding the 400 bus. The SYD airport website does not list shops available in T3. Thanks.
Cheers,
Gerald
P.S. Anyone in SYD who would like to meet up please send me pm.
You can normally buy them from railway stations - not sure if the airport stations sell them though, but they have standard CityRail ticket machines, so should be able to issue them.

Dave
Old Dec 10, 2009, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks thadocta. I suppose I should try the bookshop/giftshop/newsagency in the secure airside section of T3 first immediately upon disembarkation to see whether they sell the pass before I proceed to baggage claim, and then the railway station. As a last resort, pay for a 1 way trip on the 400 bus to say, Randwick, then buy the pass from a newsagency there before travelling to Surry Hills.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 9:20 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Nowhere in T3 sells tickets for Sydney Buses, but the Newsagent in the Arrivals level (near the baggage reclaim) on the lower floor of T2 definately sells them, which is landside. This might be a bit quicker than going to the depths of the train station then back up again; if I recall correctly the bus stop is actually right in front of T2 arrivals so this might be the quickest/best bet. Also, just be careful if taking the 410 (same route as the 400 from the airport to Bondi Jct) during the peak as it's "PrePay only" so you'll need to get to a ticket outlet before boarding or you'll be denied travel.

Just checked it on sydneyairport.com.au, the bus stop is actually near T3 so this might be of little use.

Last edited by Oneworld_Flyer; Dec 10, 2009 at 9:22 pm Reason: Include Bus Stop
Old Dec 15, 2009, 6:10 am
Original Poster

In the end I had to cross through the car park over to the news agent at T2 to buy the weekly bus pass and then cross back to T3. I did inquire at the airport train desk at baggage claim in T3 (just before going down the escalators), but they claimed that all passes sold by the train station include the additional airport train connection fee and that they sold passes that included trains only.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 2:40 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by igel
In the end I had to cross through the car park over to the news agent at T2 to buy the weekly bus pass and then cross back to T3. I did inquire at the airport train desk at baggage claim in T3 (just before going down the escalators), but they claimed that all passes sold by the train station include the additional airport train connection fee and that they sold passes that included trains only.
Train stations will sell the integrated zone travel passes. They used to sell the Metro Ten bus trip tickets as well but this was discontinued after the new City Rail ticketing machines were introduced as they no longer have the racks of miscellaneous ticktets available to them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.