F SYD to LHR for A$5745 return!!!

Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:49 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by guybaxy
I am on the phoen with best flights now, the said its PE, a mistake.
Good luck in a speedy refund from bestflights.

When they made a mistake and did a totally unauthorised charge to my cc for travel I had not asked for (or indeed anything), they acknowledged a mistake there and then. It was > $2000. It took almost 2 months before the money made its way back into my cc account. Westpac Altitude said that since they (bestflights) had admitted a mistake there was nothing that they were going to do. In the meantime the unauthorised charge blew my credit limit and it cost me $35 in addition to paying the > $2000 to settle the cc bill (the > $2000 was refunded but not the $35).

More than a year later, I still have not got the $35 back in spite of their promise that they would and 3 faxes, an odd email and one phone call has come to zero. Its just not worth the stress of pursuing it.

Lesson learnt, avoid bestflights.com.au and deal with a local agent - or indeed - anyone else.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:50 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
I have never seen an e-ticket in that format (also it should show an IATA ticket number), however in the absence of a fare class and the written words "First Class", I think you have a contractual F ticket that QF is obliged to honour. Quaint.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There should be no issue getting a refund out of them if you have an email confirming 1st class ; as suggested, make a dummy booking and get screen shots showing the error. in the unlikely event that BF decided to try to avoid refunding then you would have little trouble in a small claims action for the $300 cancellation penalty that I think the fare has

Dave
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:57 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
I have never seen an e-ticket in that format (also it should show an IATA ticket number), however in the absence of a fare class and the written words "First Class", I think you have a contractual F ticket that QF is obliged to honour. Quaint.
But would you want to take that risk!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:23 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by AndDee
But would you want to take that risk!
The OP has 8 months until flight date to sort it out. Simply done by contacting QF by letter, advising that their agent has issued a First Class ticket, and requesting confirmation that QF recognizes the authenticity of the transaction. QF will respond either to deny it or accept it. Legally the OP can get a few palm trees out of QF (or is it only BA that gives palm trees?).

Most likely QF will honour F travel and bill it back to the travel agent. That is what usually happens for good-faith errors. Almost all error fares are honoured by airlines after ticketing (FT is full of these stories, fwiw) and the OP just happens to be in luck, based on the e-ticket that he was issued.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The OP has 8 months until flight date to sort it out. Simply done by contacting QF by letter, advising that their agent has issued a First Class ticket, and requesting confirmation that QF recognizes the authenticity of the transaction. QF will respond either to deny it or accept it. Legally the OP can get a few palm trees out of QF (or is it only BA that gives palm trees?).

Most likely QF will honour F travel and bill it back to the travel agent. That is what usually happens for good-faith errors. Almost all error fares are honoured by airlines after ticketing (FT is full of these stories, fwiw) and the OP just happens to be in luck, based on the e-ticket that he was issued.
Qantas will simply see that an R class booking has been made and that it is an agency booking and send the customer to the agent to resolve
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:38 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Note that the OPs e-ticket receipt (as shown above) only has a PNR and not a ticket number. Is this a true e-ticket receipt or just a receipt for payment?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 12:39 am

I'm not too sure about that. If the OP turns up to the airport with that email, the Qantas staff will tell them to speak to Bestflights as it's their issue to sort out.

Yes there may be legal remedies available, but these may not help someone who is intending to sit in F, arrives at the airport without doing checks, and is then seated in PE.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:02 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Qantas will simply see that an R class booking has been made and that it is an agency booking and send the customer to the agent to resolve
My thoughts exactly!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:08 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
When all else fails, the Department of Fair Trading can mediate. They say you can never force Apple's hand, and I did, twice!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:09 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
get screen shots of BF pages as the TPA may be able to be used in a false and misleading action.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:22 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
WHat you have shown here IS NOT an eTicket... eTicket MUST HAVE a number!!!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF*WP QF*LTG
Originally Posted by og
Note that the OPs e-ticket receipt (as shown above) only has a PNR and not a ticket number. Is this a true e-ticket receipt or just a receipt for payment?
I had a booking with BestFlight HKG-CAN and had exactly the same e-ticket as this booking. It does staten on this booking that:

Your Booking Reference is:
xxxxxx (I have withheld this)
This is your e-ticket. Please print and carry with you at all times when travelling.

Still waiting to hear back from BF.... Never had a problem with them before....
Thaigold
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:34 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
I put in some random dates while here...

http://adoota.com/FT/bestflights-first.jpg

Bestflights are clearly selling a first class fare.......
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:42 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by d00t
I put in some random dates while here...

http://adoota.com/FT/bestflights-first.jpg

Bestflights are clearly selling a first class fare.......
You beat me - I did the same and yes, it is still there as first. What concerns me is teh fact that there is no way of checking bucket from which it is being sold. I would never ever buy such ticket.

Also, considering that you cannot buy even C class on QF for that price, I would be immediatelly VERY suspicious...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.