Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 737-800 interior photos

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

New 737-800 interior photos

There seemed to be a lack of photos of the new 737-800 interiors and I so happened to be on one today, so took a few photos for you to enjoy.

The IFE is the same as the A380 however the selection is not as vast. There is no traditional controller like on the 747/A380. It is all via the touch screen except for volume, channel, home menu or screen off, where the buttons are located in the seat. There are still games but are simple touch screen games like trivia, hangman, card games etc

There is a flight path, however is different to the one featured on the A380

2 power ports to every 3 seats.

I unfortunately didn't get any in business class however it looks almost identical to the current seats on domestic 737-800 with the screen in the armrest and a more sleek finish.

Enjoy

Seat back

Controls in seat

My (empty ^ row )

USB Port

Seat view again

Cabin View

Various screen shots/flight path

Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:15 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Y touch screens are fine so long as the operator is light fingered on the touching. A real PITA to the one in front if the operator is punching at the screen.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:24 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Thanks eoinnz. How many of these birds are flying so far?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:34 pm

We have 3 currently flying, and three more will be delivered by Jan 2011.

Some good shots there, I was going to post some pics of the business class seats. I dont find them as comfortable as the millenium seats but they are a lot wider and have a much higher back, but the recline definitely isn't as good.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:35 pm

Programs: QP Silver; CX MPC Green; Virgin AusRed
Thanks for the photos, eoinnz ^. I guess the soon-to-be-delivered domestic A332 will also feature the new seats?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:39 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Thanks eoinnz and workflyer!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:44 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Are they just doing AKL runs atm or WLG also?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by RickyT
Thanks for the photos, eoinnz ^. I guess the soon-to-be-delivered domestic A332 will also feature the new seats?
Im not sure about this, the key design feature for this seat was the siutability to inseat IFE, laptop power etc - I know all 737s delivered to the QF group after the arrival of Jetconnect's will feature AVOD but cant comment on whether the rest of Qantas' domestic fleet will also.

As for the operational flights - AKL/MEL/SYD is the priority. All AKL-SYD-AKL flights should feature the 800 (non 767) now and AKL-MEL-AKL (QF 25/26/131/134). There will be the odd days though where 800s will find themselves on WLG runs and I would suggest this would more often than not be through MEL and not SYD.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:46 pm

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Excellent photos, thanks eoinnz and workflyer!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:59 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by workflyer
I was going to post some pics of the business class seats. .
yes please...
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:25 pm

I have posted one picture on my profile, its the only photo on there so shouldnt be hard to find. Most of the photos ive got have people in them so I will endeavour to take some more among my travels! Enjoy!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thanks for that people.

I can't look at eoinnz's images as they are blocked at my work desktop, so I will have to wait until I get home.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:57 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Much better then the 733s

Why did they go so cheap on the remote? Even on NZ A320 you get a pull out remote with a keyboard.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:09 am
Original Poster

A keyboard would serve no purpose. There are no SMS or e-mail capabilities, and even though there is a seat to seat chat function (on screen keyboard) like on the A380, I can't imagine that being used very often.

On such short flights I think simple touch screen navigation is more than adequate. It also means one less thing that could break.

Although I was surprised as first, I now also see that a remote is pointless given that the system is basically just Movies, TV and Music and a few simple games
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by eoinnz
A keyboard would serve no purpose. There are no SMS or e-mail capabilities, and even though there is a seat to seat chat function (on screen keyboard) like on the A380, I can't imagine that being used very often.

On such short flights I think simple touch screen navigation is more than adequate. It also means one less thing that could break.

Although I was surprised as first, I now also see that a remote is pointless given that the system is basically just Movies, TV and Music and a few simple games
I have to agree. I too was surprised but after paxing recently I found myself just sifting through music and watching an episode of Family Guy and then the flight was over. And yes, as eoinnz said, the less functions that could break mean less time spent completing re-sets and therefore causing less disruptions to passengers on short flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.