Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

NH/UA - KUL-NYC - 9918 MYR / $2114 r/t - Business

NH/UA - KUL-NYC - 9918 MYR / $2114 r/t - Business

Old May 29, 2024, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkc192
Yes, but there are many *A programs that don't pass on those surcharges to award pax, such as AC and UA. Whereas most if not all OW programs do pass on BA surcharges to award pax.
That's true! Add Avianca to that list.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 5:33 am

thanks, cruser1 ! grabbed these flights for the missus and i to head to the states for thanksgiving.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 12:04 pm

For a similar fare a few months ago (KUL-NRT-JFK-NRT-KUL), I bought the ticket on UA, with UA flight numbers (operated by ANA) with business class fare code (P) for the first 3 legs, and NH flight number (operated by ANA) for the last leg (NRT-KUL).

When I used wheretocredit, it shows Virgin Atlantic with good mileage accrual so I entered VA as my frequent flyer number. The flight has been completed almost 1.5 months now and I still donít see any activity on my VA except for a +0 mile for the last leg (NRT-KUL).

I reached out and they told me that because it is a codeshare, it is not eligible.

1. Is it true that if it is a codeshare that it is not eligible? Iím guessing it is referring to the first 3 legs.

2. Should I then get some miles for the last leg since it is NH ticket operated by ANA?

3. Is it too late now to switch the frequent flyer program number to something else like Aeroplan?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 4, 2024, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s12358
1. Is it true that if it is a codeshare that it is not eligible? Iím guessing it is referring to the first 3 legs.
Probably. SkyTeam tends to do its earnings by marketing carrier (i.e., flight number).

2. Should I then get some miles for the last leg since it is NH ticket operated by ANA?
Yes.

3. Is it too late now to switch the frequent flyer program number to something else like Aeroplan?
Probably not, since they haven't been credited successfully elsewhere.
Old Jun 5, 2024, 1:12 am
Original Poster

For a similar fare a few months ago (KUL-NRT-JFK-NRT-KUL), I bought the ticket on UA, with UA flight numbers (operated by ANA) with business class fare code (P) for the first 3 legs, and NH flight number (operated by ANA) for the last leg (NRT-KUL).

When I used wheretocredit, it shows Virgin Atlantic with good mileage accrual so I entered VA as my frequent flyer number. The flight has been completed almost 1.5 months now and I still donít see any activity on my VA except for a +0 mile for the last leg (NRT-KUL).

I reached out and they told me that because it is a codeshare, it is not eligible.

Thanks in advance!
Did it ask for the airline and did you choose VA or VS? VA is Virgin Australia, which is also one of ANA's partners. VS is Virgin Atlantic.
jsloan likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 12:17 am

Are these fares now gone? I can't seem to price at these prices.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 07JUN 24.
guess it's over
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by TheRealBabushka
Originally Posted by james7
guess it's over
seems like the base fare went up to $2931 USD for DT5PHRK

ticketing deadline for DT5PHRK is extended through 6/23
Old Jun 7, 2024, 11:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA 1k.
Originally Posted by james7
guess it's over
It was gone on or about May 31 / June 1. I checked fares right before and right after, the price went up as noted.
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
It was definitely available a few days ago, around June 4-5.
Old Jun 19, 2024, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by Polytonic
Should be 4992 KUL-HND-JFK RT (substantially more if you can make a YVR segment work involving AC)
I bought these tickets with KUL-TYO-JFK departing in late November, and JFK-TYO-KUL returning in late January. I just noted that I have some issues with my returning time.

I wonder if after I finish my KUL-TYO-JFK segments,

1. I make a call to ANA, will they allow any changes to extend the returning time over that 2 month maximum period (Ex. to February or forward)?
2. Can I then cancel my
returning segments and have some refund back?

Or do you have any advice on this? Should I cancel my booking or just fly to TYO, stay for two days, and find another flight to come back to the US?

Thanks a lot! New to the forum and would appreciate your great suggestions!
Old Jun 19, 2024, 11:20 pm

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by leochangtw
I bought these tickets with KUL-TYO-JFK departing in late November, and JFK-TYO-KUL returning in late January. I just noted that I have some issues with my returning time.

I wonder if after I finish my KUL-TYO-JFK segments,

1. I make a call to ANA, will they allow any changes to extend the returning time over that 2 month maximum period (Ex. to February or forward)?
2. Can I then cancel my
returning segments and have some refund back?

Or do you have any advice on this? Should I cancel my booking or just fly to TYO, stay for two days, and find another flight to come back to the US?

Thanks a lot! New to the forum and would appreciate your great suggestions!
Unlikely that they would allow for extending beyond original fare rules, and once you have flown the first segment there is no change allowed.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not without paying the appropriate fare difference.

2. Can I then cancel my returning segments and have some refund back?
If you cancel the returning segments, they will recompute the price as a one-way, and I suspect the price of the one-way was higher than the price of the discounted round-trip.

You're US-based? While technically NH could send you a bill for the additional one-way fare if you no-show the return flight, in practice you'll be fine as long as you don't make a habit of it. So you do have the option just to dump the return flight. Alternatively, check the fare rules to see whether or not historical fares are used when not changing the outbound coupon, which is common. If that is the case, then while you cannot extend your stay at JFK beyond the two months, you might be able to get a three- or six- month maximum stay by changing your return flight to LAX or SFO. The fare will be higher, and you'll have to pay the difference -- likely a few hundred dollars -- and get yourself to California, but if you have another trip to Asia coming up in the first half of 2025, this can be a good solution.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 2:47 pm

any advice and where to credit the miles if looking for *A status? Thinking ditch UA
Old Jun 23, 2024, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Question / Speculation: Why does this fare pop up every once in a while.

Is it because UA is traditionally weaker in the LAX / NYC market?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.