Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

AA/AS - ORD-SEA / SEA-ORD - $235 o/w OR $461 r/t - Domestic First

Old Apr 16, 2024, 8:23 am
Original Poster

American or Alaska - Chicago (ORD) to Seattle (SEA) or the reverse - $235 one-way or $461 roundtrip in domestic first. The roundtrip options are few and far between, but there are lots of one-way SEA-ORD options. Most of these are marketed and operated by American, but you can find a few flights marketed by Alaska and operated by Alaska and American, for those of you that want to credit these to American.

The American fare must be an NDC fare since it doesn't display in ITA Matrix or ExpertFlyer. I don't know what the fare rules are.

ORD-SEA or SEA-ORD Roundtrip
3430 Miles / $469
13.6735 cents per Mile Flown

ORD-SEA or SEA-ORD One-Way
1715 Miles / $235
13.7026 cents per Mile Flown

ORD-CLT-SEA-ORD
4587 Miles / $517
11.2710 cents per Mile Flown

SEA-CLT-ORD One-Way
2872 Miles / $243
8.4610 cents per Mile Flown

SEA-SAN-ORD-SEA
4485 Miles / $461
10.2787 cents per Mile Flown

Google Flights
ORD-SEA Roundtrip - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...Hb1pDfZEoMSsB8 / https://www.google.com/travel/flight...EkYiVC9jAZ6Qv7
Spoiler

ORD-SEA One-Way - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...qzcE5Pvws4ZSN6
Spoiler

ORD-CLT-SEA-ORD - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...wQsAmspRTGAH87
Spoiler

SEA-ORD Roundtrip - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...JauY3ppbHrGcW7
Spoiler

SEA-ORD One-Way - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...SgCThxGMPeJ9RA
Spoiler

SEA-CLT-ORD - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...GCk6RWet4fVsT9
Spoiler

SEA-SAN-ORD-SEA - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...Q1MwebhZojWZh7
Spoiler

The last flight is technically an Alaska fare from Seattle to San Diego and San Diego to Seattle with these rules -

Category 2: Day/Time restrictions

PERMITTED TUE/WED/SAT.

Category 8: Stopover restrictions

NO STOPOVERS PERMITTED.
NO STOPOVER OCCURS IF PASSENGER TAKES NEXT AVAILABLE
FLIGHT WITHIN 4 HOURS.

Category 11: Blackout Dates

TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 23MAY 24 THROUGH 24MAY 24.

Category 11: Blackout Dates

TRAVEL IS NOT PERMITTED 21NOV 24 THROUGH 24NOV 24 OR
26NOV 24 THROUGH 27NOV 24 OR 30NOV 24 THROUGH 02DEC 24 OR
18DEC 24 THROUGH 23DEC 24 OR 26DEC 24 THROUGH 05JAN 25.

Category 14: Travel restrictions

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON EACH TRIP ON/AFTER
30APR 24. TRAVEL ON THIS FARE COMPONENT MUST COMMENCE BY
MIDNIGHT ON 12JUN 24.

Category 15: Sales restrictions

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 29APR 24.
Routings -
Code:
Fare Routing Search:
Departing SEA on 05/09/24 for SAN
Fare basis code GH2OXKFN
Flying AS
Routing code 657

V FARE BASIS BK FARE TRAVEL-TICKET AP MINMAX RTG
1 GH2OXKFN I‡X 233.00 E30AP T29AP 21/1 -/ - 657
R12JN
PASSENGER TYPE-ADT AUTO PRICE-YES
FROM-SEA TO-SAN CXR-AS TVL-09MAY24 RULE-K1FN DFR/11
FARE BASIS-GH2OXKFN NORMAL FARE DIS-N VENDOR-ATP
FARE TYPE-FR OW-FIRST CLASS RESTRICTED
USD 216.74 0657 E30APR24 D12JUN24 FC-GH2OXKFN FN-8R
SYSTEM DATES - CREATED 08APR24/2000 EXPIRES INFINITY

PUBLISHED RTG SEA-SAN/AS657 /TAR-DRG1 EF-08APR24 DIS-INDEF

TRAVEL MUST BE VIA BOI OR GEG OR ORD OR PDX OR SEA OR
CHI OR DFW OR DCA OR WAS OR PHL
TRAVEL MUST NOT BE NONSTOP
MAP CONSTRUCTED LEFT TO RIGHT AND RIGHT TO LEFT
1. SEA-ORD/CHI-SAN
2. SEA-SEA/PDX-SAN
3. SEA-SFO/PAE/BOI/ANC-PHX-SAN
4. SEA-SAN

Full Fare Rules
Spoiler

See more here on the SEA-SAN fare - OW - SAN - SEA or SEA SAN Business via ORD First $260-$300
Old Apr 16, 2024, 10:36 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Thank you! This is my most frequent route - I am flying it multiple times per month!

Seems like for nonstops, only the late ORD-SEA departure (~ 8:30pm) and only the redeye on SEA-ORD get to this low price. Anyone seeing otherwise?
izzik likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 12:26 pm
Original Member

Programs: AS 100K
Thanks Cruser1

I was able to book a overnight one way SEA/CLT/ORD in I class for $242.10 and a same day return one way ORD/CLT/SEA in I class for $282.10. Total price $524.20 earning 360 BA tier points or $1.46 per tier point. The only thing that sucks is I was only able to use Capital One's booking site to price the SEA/CLT/ORD overnight using multi trip. When you try to use multi trip, their booking engine requires a date change. Same issue with Chase Travel site. I could have tried to call, but it was not worth the hassle. Ended up booking the second half using AA web site.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 2:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Delta looks to has somewhat matched and has multiple dates with nonstop ORD-SEA for $499 RT.
aisleorwindow likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Thank you! This is my most frequent route - I am flying it multiple times per month!

Seems like for nonstops, only the late ORD-SEA departure (~ 8:30pm) and only the redeye on SEA-ORD get to this low price. Anyone seeing otherwise?
Yes, it is mostly pricing red-eye flights at this price, unfortunately.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:08 am
Original Member

Was able to book a couple more of these. Very difficult to ticket. When booking on AA, it shows availability in I Class but when you go to ticket, it error's out. When booking SEA/CLT/ORD thru Capital One Travel, It stated First on both sectors but when I went to select seats on AA, I found out that I was in ticketed in Main for the CLT/ORD leg. The fare basis ORD/CLT/SEA is NVAKZSIX. It is definitely a very dynamic New Distribution Capability (NDC) fare. Still, 325 or 360 BA tier points for $525 is not a bad deal.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:02 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Still seeing (limited) availability for $235 one-way on AA only.

ORD-SEA seems to be exclusively available on the last nonstop of the day, with one exception (May 7th) ORD-DFW-SEA with a 5am departure
SEA-ORD seems to be limited to redeyes or the equally painful 5:10am departure. A few other one-stops via DFW or LAX for $10-$20 more.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
JayJ How do you search for these since Matrix doesnt work (shows one ways SEA-CLT-ORD at over $500) and, as far as I can see, Google Flights doesnt allow you to specify only AA and only connections through CLT while also excluding nonstops?

Id like to see a whole calendar of whats available but it seems hard or impossible.

Also, what do you mean by the NDC fare being dynamic? And whats the best way to find these dual inventory instant upgrade type NDC fares in general, as a consumer?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:41 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by salut0
JayJ How do you search for these since Matrix doesnt work (shows one ways SEA-CLT-ORD at over $500) and, as far as I can see, Google Flights doesnt allow you to specify only AA and only connections through CLT while also excluding nonstops?

Id like to see a whole calendar of whats available but it seems hard or impossible.

Also, what do you mean by the NDC fare being dynamic? And whats the best way to find these dual inventory instant upgrade type NDC fares in general, as a consumer?
You can book thru American Airlines using multi-city: SEA/CLT/ORD for a certain Tues, Wed, or Sat. It seems to be available on other days as well (Search for I fares on EF, look for flights with I5 or more availability). Sort the Premium seats by price. Only the Red-eyes to CLT will be below the $300 range. It available, you should see the following:

When you go to actually ticket this, your success will vary. After seeing the above, you will have to enter your name, DOB, Email, and Phone. Press Continue. If you get to Seat Selection, you have success (I had success this time). Choose you seats and hold the reservation for free for up to 24 hrs while you are trying to book your return leg. The return legs ORD/CLT/SEA are now priced at $333. Still total cost is $1.6 per tier point.

What I mean by dynamic is the pricing. You don't always get the same pricing when you price the flights. Some times it's $243 and some times its $303 with the second leg in G class or S class. Below is a Tuesday ORD/CLT/SEA for $333. These all book into I Class.

Hope this helps
himang likes this.

Last edited by JayJ; Apr 19, 2024 at 11:10 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.