Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR - North America-BKK - $2200-2600 o/w - Business (Qsuite)

Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:16 am
Original Poster

Long time lurker, first time poster here. The forum isn't letting me submit links and photos so y'all are gonna have to apply a bit of elbow grease yourselves on Google Flights

QR is having a field day with North American cities to BKK Qsuite o/w fares for select dates APR/MAY. Tickets normally go for $7k o/w and 9-10k r/t. These prices are strictly o/w and unidirectional.

JFK-BKK $2191
Also works with several other U.S. and Canadian cities for other dates in APR/MAY, to check, just change the departure airport on GF and select dates
SFO
SEA
ONT (AS leg to SEA)
SJC (AS leg to SEA)
STL (AS leg to SEA)
PHL (AA leg to DOH)
MKE (AS leg to SEA)
YYZ (AA leg to JFK, April only)
YVR (AS leg to SEA)
BOI (AS leg to SFO)
PDX (AS leg to SEA)
PIT (AA leg to JFK)
RDU (AA leg to JFK)

There are probably a lot more cities out there with these crazy fares. Happy hunting!
Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:17 am

Sorry to say, but this is not even close to a deal
Old Apr 9, 2024, 1:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by TGPD
Long time lurker, first time poster here. The forum isn't letting me submit links and photos so y'all are gonna have to apply a bit of elbow grease yourselves on Google Flights

QR is having a field day with North American cities to BKK Qsuite o/w fares for select dates APR/MAY. Tickets normally go for $7k o/w and 9-10k r/t. These prices are strictly o/w and unidirectional.

JFK-BKK $2191
Also works with several other U.S. and Canadian cities for other dates in APR/MAY, to check, just change the departure airport on GF and select dates

There are probably a lot more cities out there with these crazy fares. Happy hunting!
Originally Posted by zaibii
Sorry to say, but this is not even close to a deal
Have to agree.While QR might typically be expensive on the route, there are TONS of options out there for $4-5k R/T. I don't currently see any spectacular deals out there for USA to SE Asia in biz right now, but they do pop up in the $2500-3000 range R/T from time to time.

Understand this fare is one way and unidirectional only, but that's still an equivalent of a $4400 R/T, we'd typically see F deals for that or less, QR QSuite is very good but isn't F by any stretch of the imagination.
135pilot likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 2:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dvs7310
QR QSuite is very good but isn't F by any stretch of the imagination.
It's better than F on BA . . .
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:09 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Welcome to Flyertalk as a poster. Apologies on behalf of the community if the tones on your first post were not overly welcoming.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 4:49 am

saw
r/t saudia $2804 https://www.google.com/travel/flight...AAGAA&curr=USD

r/t qr $4570 https://www.google.com/travel/flight...AAGAA&curr=USD

seems similar enough to be both ways?

ye olde swapperoo originating from bkk for r/t on qr is $3882 https://www.google.com/travel/flight...AAGAA&curr=USD

so if you get out to bkk any which way (points hopefully) then run it back the price becomes a lot more attractive. which maybe works if someone frequents the bkk (or the general region) - works for me since i live down here
Old Apr 9, 2024, 3:47 pm

In the opposite direction CGK-JFK on QR is US$3000 RT standard pricing
Antarius and dvs7310 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 5:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Have been looking for a oneworld one-way fare. This is perfect. Thanks OP for posting!
worldtraveller73 and hur88 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Originally Posted by PLeblond
Welcome to Flyertalk as a poster. Apologies on behalf of the community if the tones on your first post were not overly welcoming.
They put it about as nicely as it can be said.
FaBSy, njfan07, izzik and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by ryanherb
In the opposite direction CGK-JFK on QR is US$3000 RT standard pricing
And refundable
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:52 am

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by PLeblond
I agree if you donít like the deal donít comment
I think itís a great deal being Qatar
thankyou OP
NeoOfTheCRS and megshay like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Originally Posted by aussielori
I agree if you donít like the deal donít comment
I think itís a great deal being Qatar
thankyou OP
So the forum gets littered with $4-5k business class fares that aren't worth opening the thread for? I can find hundreds of those if that's what you'd like to see. There's no shortage of QR long hauls in the $2000-3000 range r/t as well, just not from North America at the moment.

Apologies if coming across harsh, but best to point out what's a deal and what's clearly not early on.
Rim1, izzik, FaBSy and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:13 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dvs7310
So the forum gets littered with $4-5k business class fares that aren't worth opening the thread for? I can find hundreds of those if that's what you'd like to see. There's no shortage of QR long hauls in the $2000-3000 range r/t as well, just not from North America at the moment.

Apologies if coming across harsh, but best to point out what's a deal and what's clearly not early on.
I agree, but there are others who prefer to see this forum swamped with all fares regardless of whether they are deals or not.
Yes, "deals" is a subjective idea and everyone has a different idea of what a deal is. It's been debated for many years on Flyertalk, even at one point there was a "3 cents per mile" rule but that is outdated nowadays.
However, the downside of posting everything under the sun is that it is a disservice to those new to traveling/FT.. they see something labeled as a "deal" when it is generally not a deal because the fare is typical for the route/season.
We were all new to Flyertalk at some point and relied on others' knowledge before we developed our own traveling wisdom.
There is nothing rude or offensive about disagreeing on whether it's a deal or not. People should not take it personally if someone disagrees with them...
cruser1 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
I agree, but there are others who prefer to see this forum swamped with all fares regardless of whether they are deals or not.
Yes, "deals" is a subjective idea and everyone has a different idea of what a deal is. It's been debated for many years on Flyertalk, even at one point there was a "3 cents per mile" rule but that is outdated nowadays.
However, the downside of posting everything under the sun is that it is a disservice to those new to traveling/FT.. they see something labeled as a "deal" when it is generally not a deal because the fare is typical for the route/season.
We were all new to Flyertalk at some point and relied on others' knowledge before we developed our own traveling wisdom.
There is nothing rude or offensive about disagreeing on whether it's a deal or not. People should not take it personally if someone disagrees with them...

BKK is expensive right now. Eva air skyrocketed their prices recently so itís a good post
aussielori likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by izzik
My self-imposed rule is 14 cents per mile or less, although I try to stick to 12 cents per mile or less. Sometimes I'll make an exception for flights to/from Oceania as that region is sooo expensive! For segment based programs I try to shoot for $2 USD per Tier Point crediting to British Airways or $10 USD per XP for Flying Blue. I categorize segment based programs differently because short and cheap is often not a great deal per mile flown, but cost per segment is low.

I know this is the premium fare deals forum, but if somebody is looking for a QR deal, they filed an updated fare from Istanbul to Sydney in economy on Monday - 801 EUR / $856 USD roundtrip - https://www.google.com/travel/flight...WwRFU7jn8Mg6r7 - About half of what it cost to fly the route last week.

Spoiler

Routing
Spoiler

Fare Rules
Spoiler

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.