Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

QR - North America-BKK - $2200-2600 o/w - Business (Qsuite)

QR - North America-BKK - $2200-2600 o/w - Business (Qsuite)

Old Apr 10, 2024, 5:55 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Corey Sacken
BKK is expensive right now. Eva air skyrocketed their prices recently so its a good post
+1 to that! I actually used this deal to fly to Bangkok on Monday from SFO, where Im writing this now. I ended up booking a one-way back to SFO on Cathay Pacific for $2300, which is about the same as this fare.

so $4600 RT on Oneworld biz from SFO to BKK given how crazy prices are is pretty good
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by kaushik123
+1 to that! I actually used this deal to fly to Bangkok on Monday from SFO, where Im writing this now. I ended up booking a one-way back to SFO on Cathay Pacific for $2300, which is about the same as this fare.

so $4600 RT on Oneworld biz from SFO to BKK given how crazy prices are is pretty good
I planned for a year to buy cash fares from BKK to SEA with a stop in TPE. As soon as they became available they went from 5k for 3 to $8k. Other options sucked suffice it stay it blew chunks
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; BA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
IAD-BKK is available for $2654 RT on SV biz, if you can make do without alcohol and a long layover at JED on the way over:

https://www.google.com/travel/flight...RUE9PRICCAAiAA
Abidjan likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 9:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

But if you really needed to get from sfo to bkk for cheap in business,ZipAir via nrt is less than 2300 one way. So, ymmv.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:21 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by izzik
But if you really needed to get from sfo to bkk for cheap in business,ZipAir via nrt is less than 2300 one way. So, ymmv.
true but it wont earn OW elite miles
Old Apr 11, 2024, 6:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaushik123
true but it wont earn OW elite miles
Yes, which is why "deals" are subjective.
A deal for you is not a deal for everyone.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by dvs7310
So the forum gets littered with $4-5k business class fares that aren't worth opening the thread for? I can find hundreds of those if that's what you'd like to see. There's no shortage of QR long hauls in the $2000-3000 range r/t as well, just not from North America at the moment.

Apologies if coming across harsh, but best to point out what's a deal and what's clearly not early on.
Since I see your home base is Japan. Do you ever see any 4K fares from the East Coast of the USA to TYO anymore?

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
IAD-BKK is available for $2654 RT on SV biz, if you can make do without alcohol and a long layover at JED
on the way over:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...RUE9PRICCAAiAA
No alcohol is fine since I don't drink. Long layovers however are a deal killer. I put an extra $100- per hour of value on any routing that saves me time. So, a 24 hour transit time is worth $800- more to me than a 32 hour transit time. I want to spend more time at my destination, not in some boring, noisy airport.
mcgahat likes this.

Last edited by zombietooth; Apr 11, 2024 at 11:46 pm
Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:17 am
Formerly known as tireman77

[QUOTE=zombietooth;36154101...not in some boring, noisy airport.[/QUOTE]

The AVGeek in me just fainted. When I have time to kill, I'll often spend time at an airport.
injian, LCSinTexas and cruser1 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by PLeblond
The AVGeek in me just fainted. When I have time to kill, I'll often spend time at an airport.
I never sit in a window seat either, and I'll never go on a cruise-I spent too much time on the water when I was in the Navy. When I was in, I knew every military aircraft in the world on sight, and their capabilities. In fact, I was an expert on every weapon system. So I once was an AVGeek of sorts.

Now, I just want to swim in the ocean and gaze at nature/wildlife.
PLeblond likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by zombietooth
Now, I just want to swim in the ocean and gaze at nature/wildlife.
Which does not exclude being on a plane as well - the birdlife on the Hudson can be amazing 😐
zombietooth likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:19 pm

What are sales are somewhat subjective, depending on each person's financial situation, preference, location, etc. While there are some clear out-of-band pricing that the majority will consider a deal, there are also fairly large grey bands that some might and some don't.
There wasn't a need to call out whether or not this particular is a good deal or not, folks who find it a good deal will respond, and those who don't think it is a good deal... well just don't respond. The thread will be pushed down quickly if there isn't any interest.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 3:28 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
Originally Posted by dvs7310
So the forum gets littered with $4-5k business class fares that aren't worth opening the thread for? I can find hundreds of those if that's what you'd like to see. There's no shortage of QR long hauls in the $2000-3000 range r/t as well, just not from North America at the moment.

Apologies if coming across harsh, but best to point out what's a deal and what's clearly not early on.
Your brilliance astounds me!
Old Apr 13, 2024, 1:22 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
It is not easy to get to BKK on points at the moment and depending on the dates of travel, purchasing biz can be extremely high. This is a good price from North America to BKK on QR for one way. One way on international routes can be hit and miss. These kind of fares help if you are able to get a nice points booking one way but not the other direction. Which happens to me a lot these days going to BKK.
zombietooth and econ like this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 5:21 pm

Programs: Delta, Alaska Air, & BA
I paid $5,500 RT for EY J JFK-ABU-BKK over Christmas & New Years the day they were bookable. A week later they were $7,800 and more now. So the OP's post is a deal for me for others it's not.
aussielori and mcgahat like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.